IGNORED

Booing for the substitutes

Charlie BCFC

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Flint says no. The subs would know the boos and chants of YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING were for Lee Johnson only.

Yes... The subs would know... A logical reaction to which would be concern at why the crowd thought bringing them on was a mistake! How are you so naive as to not realise that criticising the decision to make that change may negatively affect their confidence?

As it happened, Taylor to Patterson, shot...saved...Djuric scores the rebound... Seems he knew exactly what he was doing with that change to be honest.

To be fair stadium announcer didn't help. Think I heard the players coming off and being replaced by Patterson. Surely build it up to the big Taylor announcement then get the crowd going!! Still think it was the right move I would have had Tammy and tomlin off at half time 

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Sorry, are you saying that you have heard the crowd calling for Johnson to go?

I've missed it.  At every single game.  Today (the first win in an eon ironically) was the first time I've heard people being critical to Johnson.

The OTIB 'get him out' brigade (only a small handful but vigourously vocal) just ARE NOT representative of the City fan base. FACT.

I have consistently heard people being critical of Mr Johnson in the Dolman stand, Pubs, and amongst fans at a South Bristol grass roots club.

I did not at any point state that OTIB is representative of the City fan base.

I have made no unequivocal claim to the get him out brigade being a majority.

You did not answer the question. How do YOU prove the majority of fans want Mr Johnson as Manager?

36 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I have consistently heard people being critical of Mr Johnson in the Dolman stand, Pubs, and amongst fans at a South Bristol grass roots club.

I did not at any point state that OTIB is representative of the City fan base.

I have made no unequivocal claim to the get him out brigade being a majority.

You did not answer the question. How do YOU prove the majority of fans want Mr Johnson as Manager?

He wrote the word fact in capital letters, that's me convinced.

57 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Sorry, are you saying that you have heard the crowd calling for Johnson to go?

I've missed it.  At every single game.  Today (the first win in an eon ironically) was the first time I've heard people being critical to Johnson.

The OTIB 'get him out' brigade (only a small handful but vigourously vocal) just ARE NOT representative of the City fan base. FACT.

Don't you just love it when people use capitals for FACT as if it reinforces that to be so

Two small points when you stop throwing toys around and shouting

1 It doesn't

2 Your FACT is not a fact (And in my opinion it's anything but)

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The moon has come closer to earth in its orbit, with Tomlin the gravitational effects will always be more noticeable.

Hmm. I'd like to think it had more to do with players playing in their best position. But what do I know, I am just a football fan.

5 hours ago, Flint says No said:

What was the point? I know it was bizarre and I know we didn't play well but booing when the subs were made is just unacceptable. The fans should've atleast gave the players a chance and guess what-we won from a goal from a sub! 

I wonder whose running the game, the subs or the manager. LA plays the same formation week in, week out, same results. I think he is a great guy and theres no denial, he and Mark Ashton are great at getting signings. However, after the Cardiff away game i thought LJ is never going to able to take us where we need to be. And after today, my suspicions remain.

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

Hmm. I'd like to think it had more to do with players playing in their best position. But what do I know, I am just a football fan.

No, it was more to do with trying extravagant flicks that went to Rotherham players instead of ours.

Couldn't understand the chanting to be honest, I love Tammy but he wasn't having the best of games. I always think it's worse when a manager won't take off their top scorer when they're having an off game, it was a brave move.

As for booing in general, yep people are entitled to express their opinion and frustration, but a negative atmosphere really doesn't help the players.

12 hours ago, Beni71 said:

Spot on. Abraham has been average recently and not surprised given we've flogged him for a number of weeks. His movement wasn't good today and really failed to run the channels or make runs. This summed up our 1st half when there was no really out ball. Cotterill, Paterson and to an extent Taylor were positive with ball at their feet and ran forward. Sounds basic but put Rotherham on back foot.

Funnily enough I said to my old man at half time I would take Abraham and Tomlin off and bring on Taylor and Djuric on.

I don't know much about Taylor. But against Sheffield Wednesday Abraham could not read the flick on at all. Tammy isn't a last man striker . So many times the big guy won a flick on Tammy was no where near it 

So...note this down...it doesn't happen much from me or get said a lot, but "Johnson got it right" I'm my opinion 

As for the game as a whole.....it was dreadful and looked like two relegation fodder teams

Was also surprised at the booing. People were happy for Taylor and Djuric to be signed, it was obvious that Abraham would be making way at some point. He's played so many minutes this season! 

It's not going to do him any harm giving him a breather now and again!!

11 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Yeah but we have to back him as he is our manager

But I think that might be the fundamental difference between your opinion and that of others...just because he's the manager of the football club that doesn't mean I feel I have to back him...nothing personal, he's just not the man for the job in my opinion. Supporters pay their money to watch a match and make a vocal contribution, it's their right to applaud when they are impressed and grumble when they're not. 

In all this heat and harsh words we have to remember that we'll all still be watching when LJ is long forgotten.

15 hours ago, Dredd said:

Think the booing was directly at Tammy coming off rather than Tomlin, who was poor today. Did anyone see if he went straight down the tunnel btw? Looked like it from where we were but we don't have the best view of it

Yeah, he did.  LJ isn't man managing that very well at all.  It's a bit like playing tammy by himself up front.  It's obviously not working. I feel sorry for both of them.

11 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

The booers should be ashamed of themselves.  Tammy was rightly subbed. And the outcome was three points.

Booers 0 LJ 1

Based on the whole season your analogy (booers 0 - LJ 1) would be best measured by the league table which looks grim at present mate. And might get a whole worse before we next play at AG.

LJ subs were a masterstoke yesterday. Fair play to him. It was gutsy and it paid off big time. BUT it has been the exception of late. How many games as he lost us by failing to react late in games or with poor tactics/shape/over complication/poor man mgt from the start???

33 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

But in the end he did know what he was doing

Statistically, even putting on random players he'd get it right some times.  The previous poor run, constant changes to team formation and playing players out of position suggests that on the whole he probably doesn't.

Archived