IGNORED

Booing for the substitutes

Charlie BCFC

12 hours ago, Red Exile said:

But I think that might be the fundamental difference between your opinion and that of others...just because he's the manager of the football club that doesn't mean I feel I have to back him...nothing personal, he's just not the man for the job in my opinion. Supporters pay their money to watch a match and make a vocal contribution, it's their right to applaud when they are impressed and grumble when they're not. 

In all this heat and harsh words we have to remember that we'll all still be watching when LJ is long forgotten.

Well we'll have to back him despite how much it hurts?

Interesting that on the radio in LJ's post match interview he said that he thought before the game that our subs would come on and win the game for us,why not try and beat a shocking Rotherham team without relying subs to do it.He got the formation wrong from the start,and got out of jail.And I am not a LJ hater by the way.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 17:26, ReggyRed said:

Yeah because he was class today wasn't he...

deserved to come off, we have bought well we don't need to rely on him anymore.

how many times has a striker had a stinker just to pop up and score in the last minute you never can tell with them 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 09:35, fishy said:

Statistically, even putting on random players he'd get it right some times.  The previous poor run, constant changes to team formation and playing players out of position suggests that on the whole he probably doesn't.

spot on!

I'm coming out as one of the people to boo - at the time we had no benefit or hindsight of the single goal to come, just the previous 60 minutes of dire football following so many terrible performances. I have never booed before, probably never will again, but it felt right at the time and like many other people (it sounded like a few thousand in the ground) I have spoken to I don't regret it. The crowd are allowed to get involved and show passion whether negative or positive. 

Firstly I think looking back , Tammy's substitution was simply an opportune moment to vent some anger over the preceding 60 mins of dross and was certainly not aimed at any of the players coming on ! 

Secondly , Tammy had to come off and it's something we'll see more of over the weeks ahead . Our future front line is Duric and Taylor , not Tammy so now that we have choices , I'm sure Tammy will start to get the rest time he desperately needs ! 

Talking of subs, did anyone else notice Rotherham wanted to make their third one and the ball went out for a throw in front of the Dolman. The ref looked at the bench and told them they couldn`t and waved for the throw to be taken. They had to wait for the next stoppage to do it.

Surely the ref can`t do this can he? If the ball`s dead he`s got to let a sub be made.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Talking of subs, did anyone else notice Rotherham wanted to make their third one and the ball went out for a throw in front of the Dolman. The ref looked at the bench and told them they couldn`t and waved for the throw to be taken. They had to wait for the next stoppage to do it.

Surely the ref can`t do this can he? If the ball`s dead he`s got to let a sub be made.

Not sure he does RRH. - think it's down to the ref to allow the substitution 

Must be a qualified ref on here who will know !!!

On 05/02/2017 at 09:14, Rednwhiterob said:

The booers should be ashamed of themselves.  Tammy was rightly subbed. And the outcome was three points.

Booers 0 LJ 1

I don't agree that the people who booed should be ashamed.

I didn't boo but I totally understood why thousands did. It was a shocking performance - walking out at the end I overheard a young geezer say to his mate "I can't believe I paid £30 for that shite." Perfect summary. Thousands of people are paying a lot of money to follow this team.

Tammy was 'rightly subbed' in your opinion. Thousands disagreed and decided to show their disgust in the only way that would be noticed. My God, we've been unbelievably patient as a fan base throughout this dismal, dismal run of form. Some people obviously decided that they had to make their feelings known on Saturday, good for them.

We all know that in countries like Italy and those in South America, hundreds of fans turn up at training grounds after poor defeats etc and leave the players and management in no doubt as to the fans' feelings. Violent behaviour is common. Of course, I'm not saying that is appropriate behaviour, but players and managers in this country get a very, very easy ride.

So there was a bit of booing after a record number of straight league defeats...so what? They all deserved it.

"Booers 0 LJ 1"????

At least that looks like he's finally won an away game....

On 2/4/2017 at 22:00, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't you just love it when people use capitals for FACT as if it reinforces that to be so

Two small points when you stop throwing toys around and shouting

1 It doesn't

2 Your FACT is not a fact (And in my opinion it's anything but)

your opinion may be  WRONG

by highlighting and underlining I'm more likely to be right.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't agree that the people who booed should be ashamed.

I didn't boo but I totally understood why thousands did. It was a shocking performance - walking out at the end I overheard a young geezer say to his mate "I can't believe I paid £30 for that shite." Perfect summary. Thousands of people are paying a lot of money to follow this team.

Tammy was 'rightly subbed' in your opinion. Thousands disagreed and decided to show their disgust in the only way that would be noticed. My God, we've been unbelievably patient as a fan base throughout this dismal, dismal run of form. Some people obviously decided that they had to make their feelings known on Saturday, good for them.

We all know that in countries like Italy and those in South America, hundreds of fans turn up at training grounds after poor defeats etc and leave the players and management in no doubt as to the fans' feelings. Violent behaviour is common. Of course, I'm not saying that is appropriate behaviour, but players and managers in this country get a very, very easy ride.

So there was a bit of booing after a record number of straight league defeats...so what? They all deserved it.

"Booers 0 LJ 1"????

At least that looks like he's finally won an away game....

Good points well made but I've always felt that booing your own team is a no no.

Each to their own i guess but I wonder how many booers admitted they were wrong at full time?

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha

Think you got the wrong end of the stick here - was actually just trying to highlight it was only my opinion as opposed to fact or FACT even 

yep- I got that. I just love the whole if someone  put something in capitals then it must be true thing and couldn't resist...

Archived