IGNORED

Sorry is the hardest word

Marina's Rolls Royce

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

To add a little more negativity - we got lucky against a team that has conceded 16 more goals than any other team in the championship. The subs did brighten the mood for a short period but we hardly looked like scoring again. WhistleHappy is right, we are in a dire situation and a single goal victory doesn't disguise this. The RB whinge brigade probably expected 4 points to come from a performance that gives optimism, not one which confirms we can just about beat one of the worst teams to ever play in the Championship

To play Devil's advocate, the performance against Sheffield Wednesday does give me rather more confidence - even though we only got a draw then.

The two decent transfer deadline day additions also is a cause for hope.

It ain't going to be a walk in the park though!  

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I didn't boo when Tammy was subbed for Milan. My frustration with LJ yesterday was that Taylor and Tammy should have started as a pair with Milan to come on if either tired . It was so plainly obvious that Tammy as a lone striker wasn't going to work because it hasn't all season . I think the fans unhappiness with the set up we had for 70 mins was as much a cause of their reaction yesterday day as Tammy being pulled off . LJ got this right BUT we should have started with that formation ! 

Could have been out of sight so too late against pretty much any other team in the division.

7 hours ago, mattjtsmith said:

Let's put this straight.... Lansdown owes us nothing. We may not even have a club without the guy, and certainly not one of the quality or division that we have. 

I don't know what you base that statement upon? The club hasn't been at any risk nof disappearing for well over 30 years. There are plenty of clubs in our division who manage without big budgets they are simply run properly.

Mr Lansdown's legacy - an ok stadium and a relatively expensive set of players he is allowing to be misused by his mate..

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Does being frustrated make straight up abuse to someone OK?

I doubt there is a single City fan who isn't frustrated given our run, I've been frustrated at work recently, I didn't start going around hurling abuse at others.

What abuse was yelled at LJ from the West Stand? Genuine question, I sit in the West Stand Lower, nearish the benches, didn't hear any 'straight up abuse' aimed at LJ....curious as to what 'disgusting abuse' he got, as another poster put it...

There is a difference between criticism and abuse...

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I didn't boo when Tammy was subbed for Milan. My frustration with LJ yesterday was that Taylor and Tammy should have started as a pair with Milan to come on if either tired . It was so plainly obvious that Tammy as a lone striker wasn't going to work because it hasn't all season . I think the fans unhappiness with the set up we had for 70 mins was as much a cause of their reaction yesterday day as Tammy being pulled off . LJ got this right BUT we should have started with that formation ! 

How can you say that when Tammy is the second highest scorer in the Championship?

Only 9 other teams have scored more than us too.

Scoring goals isn't the problem.

It's conceding goals that's our problem...and even then we are 15th (mid table).

Fine margins.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

How can you say that when Tammy is the second highest scorer in the Championship?

Only 9 other teams have scored more than us too.

Scoring goals isn't the problem.

It's conceding goals that's our problem...and even then we are 15th (mid table).

Fine margins.

Absolutely right , and that has had an impact on our goals and shots as well. We concede more so we sit deeper and play less expansively  going forward. We were having so many shots it was ridiculous, that has slowed noticeably (although as an aggregate we may still have one of the shots per game ratio) . Our attacking has slowed noticeably too, it looks like we are so worried about leaving space behind that we forget to press forward, not only that players hold the ball too long trying to make sure they choose the right pass. All a confidence thing I guess.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely right , and that has had an impact on our goals and shots as well. We concede more so we sit deeper and play less expansively  going forward. We were having so many shots it was ridiculous, that has slowed noticeably (although as an aggregate we may still have one of the shots per game ratio) . Our attacking has slowed noticeably too, it looks like we are so worried about leaving space behind that we forget to press forward, not only that players hold the ball too long trying to make sure they choose the right pass. All a confidence thing I guess.

As others have noticed...our midfield this season leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't support either the forwards or defence well enough.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

As others have noticed...our midfield this season leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't support either the forwards or defence well enough.

And yet with Hegeler and Oneil we have two of the best MFs we have had for some time. Add to that an improving Brownhill and even Cotterill and Bryan. Makes you wonder how we can look so poor and open at times. 
I didn't include Pack (who I like) or Smith as I think with the first two, playing at anywhere near their best they don't get near the starting Xl.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

And yet with Hegeler and Oneil we have two of the best MFs we have had for some time. Add to that an improving Brownhill and even Cotterill and Bryan. Makes you wonder how we can look so poor and open at times. 
I didn't include Pack (who I like) or Smith as I think with the first two, playing at anywhere near their best they don't get near the starting Xl.

GoN past it and injured. Brownhill, Odowda, inexperienced. Pack...squad player. Smith injured. Hegeler...good for us. Average in this division. Bryan...inconsistent. Cotterill considered a cast off by Birmingham.

Our midfield is woefully weak for this division imo.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

GoN past it and injured. Brownhill, Odowda, inexperienced. Pack...squad player. Smith injured. Hegeler...good for us. Average in this division. Bryan...inconsistent. Cotterill considered a cast off by Birmingham.

my man of the match but just my opinion

Even now I think a fit Oneil could do a job, Hegeler has impressed me so far (yesterday apart) and I'm willing to give Brownhill a little more time. I only included Cotterill and Bryan as wide MF, and I believe Cotts adds much needed balance due to a lopsided recruitment. Smith seems to have been found out but may yet come good. Odowda I hope will show more next year. 
I take your point, but I still believe with the right leadership our MF is plenty good enough for a mid table spot. Trouble is that leadership is sadly lacking and too busy trying to put out fires.

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Four of which are new acquisitions by LJ Spud

Add Patterson (Never a forward , attacking midfielder) Tomlin that's six new midfielders in six months he's brought in - how many more does he want ?

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry I added to my post Spud but if he hasn't got enough players to put out a competent side after 20 odd signings, he's in the wrong job

GoN....injured.

Tomlin...not at the races consistently.

Bryan...not stepped up. Inconsistent.

Reid...Ditto.

Hegeler... good average player at this level.

Cotterill... average at this level.

Odowda...brought in as work in progress for near future.

Brownhill... Ditto

Pack...Inconsistent.

Looking at those...we can see the value of Hegeler and Cotterill.

Was expecting more from GoN and Tomlin...can you really blame LJ for their performances?

You would have given Bryan, Reid and Pack chances to prove themselves based on last seasons improvements.

Brownhill and Odowda...both good investments.

Freeman...sold...never achieved his full potential.

Can't see what else he could have done tbh...especially considering the transfer windows and timing.

Can understand why he bought Tomlin and GoN...everyone thought they were decent signings at the time.

The difference is just two wins. If we had won just two more games, we would be sitting 13th and all would be well in the world...well perhaps not on here.

It really is the difference...just two wins.

Does two wins make a manager out of his depth? Is he so much worse than all those managers at teams just above us...Villa, QPR, Wolves, Forest, Ipswich, Cardiff?

We are looking at the league as it stands now...lets see how it stands in a couple months time.

If we are failing miserably then I'd get it.

If we are mid table ish...what are all the 'outs' going to be saying then? That he's a better manager? The same? If we start winning games...what do you think the difference will be? Drastic changes? Or maybe some fine adjustments?

We won't know unless we try....

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

GoN....injured.

Reid...Ditto.

Brownhill... Ditto

Pack...Inconsistent.

Was expecting more from GoN and Tomlin...can you really blame LJ for their performances?

You would have given Bryan, Reid and Pack chances to prove themselves based on last seasons improvements.

Can't see what else he could have done tbh...especially considering the transfer windows and timing.

Can understand why he bought Tomlin and GoN...everyone thought they were decent signings at the time.

The difference is just two wins. If we had won just two more games, we would be sitting 13th and all would be well in the world...well perhaps not on here.

Does two wins make a manager out of his depth? Is he so much worse than all those managers at teams just above us...Villa, QPR, Wolves, Forest, Ipswich, Cardiff?

We are looking at the league as it stands now...lets see how it stands in a couple months time.

If we are mid table ish...what are all the 'outs' going to be saying then? That he's a better manager? The same? If we start winning games...what do you think the difference will be? Drastic changes? Or maybe some fine adjustments?

I respect and read your views Spud but when you go down that list don't you for a moment think there is a common denominator for all these 'not good enough' and underperforming players ?

Out of all that list you give only two players an average rating

GON is potentially far more about not seeing eye to eye ( 'Allegedly' ) I'd suggest than injuries

Also on the list are at least two Bryan & Reid that LJ has stated can become Premier League Players

Doesnt say much for either our coaching or our recruitment does it mate 

And as for not 'failing miserably' , all opinions but I'm sorry , based on everything , I'd say we are right now

:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

GoN....injured.

Reid...Ditto.

Brownhill... Ditto

Pack...Inconsistent.

We have the worst manager City have ever had, completely out of his depth. And yet under him we are only 5 points behind a Villa team, who have a manager that has all the qualities that some wish for (experience, track record) having spent over £50m, including in excess of £20m on strikers alone and yet we've scored 9 goals more than them, but are still apparently clueless going forward.

Such a tight, tough league, with such tiny margins. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We have the worst manager City have ever had, completely out of his depth. And yet under him we are only 5 points behind a Villa team, who have a manager that has all the qualities that some wish for (experience, track record) having spent over £50m, including in excess of £20m on strikers alone and yet we've scored 9 goals more than them, but are still apparently clueless going forward.

You compare Villa

Ill compare Huddersfield

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You compare Villa

Ill compare Huddersfield

You can compare Huddersfield, and I can compare as well as Villa, Wolves for example.

Huddersfield certainly are a success story, haven't spent much at all and in David Wagner, something has certainly clicked. They're the exception though really in the top 6. They prove it can be done, but they're the only ones right now, and many more are in the underachieving catagory than over achieving. 

Still my point was that the margins, as others have said, are tiny in this league. Even with spending power and managerial experience - ask Bruce and Maclaren.

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

For every Huddersfield....there are ten other teams with great all round ability 'failing'.

But mate that's like saying 'My house has burnt down  , but it's ok as so have some of my neighbours !' 

its like saying 'I'm in the excretia but it's ok as I'm only marginally deeper than Tom , Bill and Harry'

Im only interested in the fortunes of our club

Turning out others failures doesn't make ours better 

Still mate at least your 'Small Margins Phrase' is now being copied !!!  

#Smallmargins    trending    :thumbsup::laughcont:

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

That first statement is laughable. If you start a post with such a ludicrous statement the rest will be judged by that standard,

leonardson, Tinnion, Coppell, o'driscoll, did any of them save us from relegation like Johnson did last season?  Do you not remember 98/99 season or 2013

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But mate that's like saying 'My house has burnt down  , but it's ok as so have some of my neighbours !' 

its like saying 'I'm in the excretia but it's ok as I'm only marginally deeper than Tom , Bill and Harry'

Im only interested in the fortunes of our club

Turning out others failures doesn't make ours better 

Still mate at least your 'Small Margins Phrase' is now being copied !!!  

#Smallmargins    trending    :thumbsup::laughcont:

It is? I haven't noticed :laugh: ;-)

I think we all simplify the situation with the Club way too much, if I'm honest fella.

I look at all the scenario's that have or haven't happened, and all the other clubs in this division...and apart from a few, we are all marginally the same. Small margins again :laugh:.

Adrift in the bottom three and getting tanked every week and out played, then I'd say, yes we are massively struggling. But IMO...although results have been poor I don't think there is much difference between us and 12th place.

Tbh...even if we were mid table, I think this forum would still be in turmoil.

Certain fans don't like the way we play...or feel entertained. Well apart from the odd team and odd game....the Championship is a bore fest.

It maybe not for a lot of our fans.

Archived