IGNORED

Irony of all ironies

Ivorguy

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The Community Trust, it has been announced, are running an FA Coaching course in May.

Any suggestions as to who should attend as students ?!

Some forum members could spend the £150 on it...instead of Zider. I'm sure it would help with their understanding of modern football techniques. ;-) Worth every penny...

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Some forum members could spend the £150 on it...instead of Zider. I'm sure it would help with their understanding of modern football techniques. ;-) Worth every penny...

Quite agree spud. a lot of us played the game but have never coached the game....................so forum members who should go on it are  ???.....................................:whistle:

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Quite agree spud. a lot of us played the game but have never coached the game....................so forum members who should go on it are  ???.....................................:whistle:

Open to anyone who would like to understand the game better, or who struggles to understand why certain things are done on the pitch, or why teams are set up differently or players are positioned where they are.

Happened to me during the last game. A mate asked me why, that whenever there is a goal kick, every player on the field, positions themselves within 20 yards of where the ball is going to be aimed at. He reasoned...why not stick one player on the opposite side of the field, win the ball and release him with it? Sounded very logical...did I have an answer...in this instance, no I didn't. It's a modern tactic, in an ever changing and evolving game. Someone has obviously done the facts and figures and analysed the percentages as to why they do this and other moves, that at the time, seem illogical.

I know your post was said in jest, but if taken slightly seriously, I would encourage people taking it, if they want to understand a little more. Most have played football and have understanding of the basics, but the game keeps evolving and things happen that frustrate people, because they just don't understand why. The most common one is passing back and sideways...it does peoples heads in...if they understood why, they could look further up the field and see the options or not, the movement, and understand why it's gone back etc.

I've done a couple FA courses and  study coaching techniques...it's definitely helped my understanding of the game better. Plus I find the game as a whole more enjoyable to watch nowadays...as the 'crash bang wallop' side of the game has disappeared and it became less exciting and entertaining'. With that little bit of extra knowledge, I now watch it through different eyes, which gives a new level and layer of entertainment and enjoyment.

As for anyone on the forum... Mikehunthertz...he seems in need and likes your post, some I'm guessing him ;-) ;):laughcont:

@spudski isn't that where Cotts used to position Mark Little on goal kicks with Frankie kicking to Joe?

Not sure it was for an errant Frankie kick (who knows) or for a quick switch. Think it was more to spread the players out and give our superior players (in league one) more space. A congested area is easier for less talented teams to defend. 

Cotts wasn't just a one trip (or is it trick) pony!

(no this isn't a dig at LJ....I've moved on!!!!!!):P he also has some very good ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@spudski isn't that where Cotts used to position Mark Little on goal kicks with Frankie kicking to Joe?

Not sure it was for an errant Frankie kick (who knows) or for a quick switch. Think it was more to spread the players out and give our superior players (in league one) more space. A congested area is easier for less talented teams to defend. 

Cotts wasn't just a one trip (or is it trick) pony!

(no this isn't a dig at LJ....I've moved on!!!!!!):P he also has some very good ideas. 

I honestly can't remember mate.

However I have noticed, every team has done it this season.

Archived