IGNORED

Team to play against Derby....

spudski

....bit of fun. Anyone else fancy a guess?

Based on what Pemberton has said, I can't see Tomlin starting. Maybe he will...but that's my gut instinct.

Pemberton added: “The Derby game will be very different to the Rotherham one. We’ll need to keep our shape and be solid out of possession.”

_________________________________________Geifer______________________________________________

Matthews-----------------------------------Flint--------------------------------Wright----------------------------------------------Golbourne
--------------------------------------------------------------------Hegeler----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Brownhill---------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------Taylor-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------Tammy-------------------------------Duric-------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor, Tammy & Djuric..?!

i think this is a 1 up top game if ever there was one! 

I agree that Tomlin may well not start and someone with a more dependable work rate off the ball will be preferred. 

4-5-1 wouldn't surprise me.

Possibly...

Geifer

Little, Flint, Wright, Goldbourne

Cottetill, Hegeler, Brownhill, Pack/O'Neil, Bryan

Tammy

I'd personally rather 2 up top and give them more to worry about, instead of Pack/O'Neil. But that's my guess.  

GON has tweeted that he's had a full week's training, so suspect he'll come back in.

Here's my team:

Giefer,

Matthews, Flint, Wright, Magnüsson

Cotterill, Hegeler, O'Neil, Bryan 

Taylor, Djuric

Subs:

Fielding, Vyner, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, O'Dowda, Abraham, 

I think Tammy might be taken out of the firing line...perhaps that's why he was poor last week?

its really tough to pick an 18.  No Reid, Smith, Little, Wilbraham

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

GON has tweeted that he's had a full week's training, so suspect he'll come back in.

Here's my team:

Giefer,

Matthews, Flint, Wright, Magnüsson

Cotterill, Hegeler, O'Neil, Bryan 

Taylor, Djuric

Subs:

Fielding, Vyner, Pack, Paterson, Tomlin, O'Dowda, Abraham, 

I think Tammy might be taken out of the firing line...perhaps that's why he was poor last week?

Nonsense Dave, Tammy scored against Wednesday after the car crash, won't affect his performances whatsoever.

Matthews won't be back until the Fulham game either if you believe LJ, so:

Fielding

Vyner

Flint

Wright

Golbourne

Cotterill

O'Neil

Hegeler

O'Dowda

Paterson

Tammy

We absolutely need our wide men to drop in and protect the full backs otherwise Ince and Russell will take the p*ss all afternoon.

• Admin
_________________________________________Geifer______________________________________________

Matthews-----------------------------------Flint--------------------------------Wright----------------------------------------------Golbourne
--------------------------------------------------------------------Hegeler----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Cotterill ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------Tomlin-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------Taylor-------------------------------Duric-------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't mind seeing us go all out tbh. We can't defend for shit no matter what formation and personnel we pick, so after finishing strongly on Saturday I'd be tempted to go for a relatively attacking line up. I'd rather we lose 4-3 going for it than play for a draw only to lose anyway!

Giefer

Little - Flint - Wright - Golbourne

O'Neil - Hegeler - Bryan

Paterson

Taylor - Djuric

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing us go all out tbh. We can't defend for shit no matter what formation and personnel we pick, so after finishing strongly on Saturday I'd be tempted to go for a relatively attacking line up. I'd rather we lose 4-3 going for it than play for a draw only to lose anyway!

Giefer

Little - Flint - Wright - Golbourne

O'Neil - Hegeler - Bryan

Paterson

Taylor - Djuric

You'd take out the cover down the wings to protect our fullbacks..?! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

You'd take out the cover down the wings to protect our fullbacks..?! 

I saw it as more of a 442 that could change into a 3 man midfield with Pato dropping in behind the 2 strikers when (if) we broke. 

I couldn't find a way to accommodate Cotterill and Pato and I thought he did well when he came on on Saturday

28 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Nonsense Dave, Tammy scored against Wednesday after the car crash, won't affect his performances whatsoever.

Matthews won't be back until the Fulham game either if you believe LJ, so:

Fielding

Vyner

Flint

Wright

Golbourne

Cotterill

O'Neil

Hegeler

O'Dowda

Paterson

Tammy

We absolutely need our wide men to drop in and protect the full backs otherwise Ince and Russell will take the p*ss all afternoon.

We have been too narrow in defence all season and teams have cottoned onto this big time. if we don't protect the whole width of the pitch in defence, then I fear carnage for us . Far worse teams than Derby have exploited our biggest defensive weakness. I don't say we should defend en masse but if I was playing against us I would put a man on each touchline and say get the ball to them. You can probably tell I am quite worried about this match. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to see something like this:

Giefer;
Little, Flint, Wright, Golbourne;
Cotterill, Hegeler, O'Neil, Bryan;
Djuric, Abraham

Names in bold are almost certain to start imo.

O'Neil's spot could maybe be swapped with any one of Pack, Smith, Brownhill or Reid.

Djuric and Abraham might be forwards but they both also add quite a lot to the team defensively, certainly compared to Tomlin, Patterson, and (presumably) Taylor.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....bit of fun. Anyone else fancy a guess?

Based on what Pemberton has said, I can't see Tomlin starting. Maybe he will...but that's my gut instinct.

Pemberton added: “The Derby game will be very different to the Rotherham one. We’ll need to keep our shape and be solid out of possession.”

-----------------------Brownhill---------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------Taylor-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------Tammy-------------------------------Duric-------------------------------------------------------------

I like that formation but will fall over if Johnson starts with it. It will be one up front as it always is.

40 minutes ago, Super said:

:shocking:

Derby away, we'll probably concede possession a bit. That's a good defensive team and Djuric holds it up well plus the pace on the wings to get crosses in to him when we do attack. They don't have a huge midfield either so don't think Bobby would be effected too much with his lack of strength. Plus he's our best goal scoring midfielder. Would run off Djuric well. Only other option for me would be Taylor which would be fine but I'm not sure how hard he works defending so I went with the midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Going to be a tough ask against the team with the best defensive record.

All the more reason to start with two forwards - Djuric + Tammy or Taylor. Strange as this may seem Djuric + one should help the defence. When he plays he helps the team to retain possession. Tammy as a lone forward against a good defence is asking for trouble. Go with the team selected by @Davefevs

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Taylor, Tammy & Djuric..?!

i think this is a 1 up top game if ever there was one! 

I agree that Tomlin may well not start and someone with a more dependable work rate off the ball will be preferred. 

4-5-1 wouldn't surprise me.

Possibly...

Geifer

Little, Flint, Wright, Goldbourne

Cottetill, Hegeler, Brownhill, Pack/O'Neil, Bryan

Tammy

I'd personally rather 2 up top and give them more to worry about, instead of Pack/O'Neil. But that's my guess.  

My thoughts, we have to stifle their midfield if we can, defend deep, and just maybe nick a point.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm settling for a 0-0...

------------------Geifer----Fielding-

----Hegeler-----Flint-------Wright------Magnusson---Bryan

Little-----------------------------------------------------------Goldborne

-----------------O'Neill-------Pack

I'm liking that a lot. I'd tweak it slightly and play Tammy as right back putting Hegeler in goal with his fellow countryman Geifer.

I can't see LJ playing anything but 1 up front. I just hope that if he does play 1 up front then it isn't Tammy on his Jack as it just doesn't work! Maybe Djuric as the lone striker if / when he elects to play 1 up there.

Anyway, whatever formation he starts with, it will have changed several times before the end!

My team would be:-

Geifer

Wright. Flint. Magnusson

Cotterill. Hegeler.  O'Neil. Bryan.

Reid

Djuric.    Taylor.   

Subs. O'Dowda. Browning. Abraham.

Patterson. Fielding. 

There's plenty of skill and pace in that lineup and there's cover in the subs. Sorry but as much as I love him Tomlin would not get in.

Derby will set up 4-3-3. Staying tight to Ince and Butterfield is key. Bryan and Golbourne will be very busy. Indeed, this match calls for busy players with pace. I'd bench Abraham and play Taylor up top with Paterson behind. A 4-2-3-1 to pack the midfield but to give support on the break. I fancy Taylor to cause Keogh and Pearce a lot of problems.

Archived