IGNORED

I can't handle another season in league one / Would you renew your season ticket? (Merged)

formerly known as ivan

What is the point of buying a season ticket in league 1. I'm a fan going back to 1960. Seen it all. The ups and downs being part of City. But this is different. It's so unnecessary. I don't look forward to Saturday. I don't think Johnson has any answers. I think SL is taking things for granted. Well, enjoy the lovely big empty stadium. I will be a fan for the rest of my life but, with a heavy heart, am not prepared to be bored with L1 football when our season is defined by a couple of televised games against gas. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

If Lansdown doesn't sack LJ and we get relegated, I wouldn't out of principle. It would be arrogant to expect the fans to keep coming after that

I agree but certainly wouldn't put arrogance beyond our leader. I think it's arrogant to stick with a useless head coach when everyone else seems to want him gone, I think it's arrogant to criticise the life blood of this club 'the fans' and I agree it's arrogant to expect us to pay top dollar to watch this rubbish in League 1.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I was very young at the time but saw us crash through the divisions, there were reasons then, there is no reason this time apart from intransigence, and more worryingly arrogance.

We brought our early 80s demise about in a very similar way to the present farrago. I say "we", I mean "the board". They made mistakes and were complacent.

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I agree but certainly wouldn't put arrogance beyond our leader. I think it's arrogant to stick with a useless head coach when everyone else seems to want him gone, I think it's arrogant to criticise the life blood of this club 'the fans' and I agree it's arrogant to expect us to pay top dollar to watch this rubbish in League 1.

Hear hear!

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

We brought our early 80s demise about in a very similar way to the present farrago. I say "we", I mean "the board". They made mistakes and were complacent.

History seems to always repeat itself, I guess this feels worse because I bought into the 'Project'.  It's the first time I've actually had any expectation in 40 years, should've known better.

Just now, RumRed said:

History seems to always repeat itself, I guess this feels worse because I bought into the 'Project'.  It's the first time I've actually had any expectation in 40 years, should've known better.

Don't beat yourself up, Rum. Sometimes it's not the project that is wrong, it's the delivery. ;)

7 minutes ago, fatman said:

What is the point of buying a season ticket in league 1. I'm a fan going back to 1960. Seen it all. The ups and downs being part of City. But this is different. It's so unnecessary. I don't look forward to Saturday. I don't think Johnson has any answers. I think SL is taking things for granted. Well, enjoy the lovely big empty stadium. I will be a fan for the rest of my life but, with a heavy heart, am not prepared to be bored with L1 football when our season is defined by a couple of televised games against gas. 

Back in the old days, you almost didn't mind being in the lower divisions because at least it was fun standing in a crowded East End and having a good sing-song. It'll be crap in a half-empty arena, sat on a cold plastic seat with one song per half if you're lucky

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Don't beat yourself up, Rum. Sometimes it's not the project that is wrong, it's the delivery. ;)

I was so bloody excited though!  The delivery has been like winning a Ming vase on EBay for a tenner and then the delivery firm tossing it over the gate to the back garden.

I'd renew just because I couldn't be at home knowing a game was going on. Of course a fair number won't, but I would just say that I know someone who didn't renew after 50 years because of the last relegation. He missed Cotterell's mega season.

Expect the highest of highs, the lowest of lows, drama aplenty. 

Call it what you want, but it's not boring - compulsive viewing imo and don't want to miss the next installment.

I feel sorry for you local fans. Fortunately or unfortunately I am not in the country or else I would have a season ticket also. Paying good money and the, what seems like, a dictatorship amongst the management at the gate is a crying shame. I love this club and it saddens me the way it is going to the dogs.

Just now, Calculus said:

I'd renew just because I couldn't be at home knowing a game was going on. Of course a fair number won't, but I would just say that I know someone who didn't renew after 50 years because of the last relegation. He missed Cotterell's mega season.

Expect the highest of highs, the lowest of lower, drama aplenty. 

Call it what you want, but it's not boring - compulsive viewing imo and don't want to miss the installment.

spoken like a football fan, Calc, spoken like a football fan :clap:

They try to entice new fans all the time which is very difficult . But it seems the fans opinions of years and years doesn't count for much . Atyeo fans moving. Early bird prices . When is the information coming out . The person who I asked these questions to last night. Who works at Ashton gate . Said he doesn't know . I said all on the back burner is it . No comment his reply.

Just now, ontariored said:

I feel sorry for you local fans. Fortunately or unfortunately I am not in the country or else I would have a season ticket also. Paying good money and the, what seems like, a dictatorship amongst the management at the gate is a crying shame. I love this club and it saddens me the way it is going to the dogs.

I miss those bygone days, OR, when we fans all got to vote on club policy and who the manager was going to be. ;)

On 15/02/2017 at 08:25, REDOXO said:

I can handle it sure. I won't be buying tickets shirts subscriptions or petrol, flights hotels and beer to support it

If we go down a clear choice was made by SL to support a failing manager. He can pay for the consequences!

which I guess the implication is he will. So all is not lost, billionaire will sponsor a new manager next season to get us back up. 

I won't be renewing my season ticket if Johnson is in charge. Either way 

Some pretty 'interesting' derbies.... Slags, Millwall and possibly Plymouth at home . Add the away trips to these and a few others Warsaw, Shrewsbury, Oxford possibility Exeter, Coventry, Swindle. 

Hey they are going to rip into us about being a 'massive club', 'spending zillions and getting nowhere' and the 'grounds to big for us' but shit happens.

My greater worry is that we'll be crap in that division too. We haven't built a team. This is our fundamental problem. There is absolutely zero team DNA.  We are group of individuals. 

Frankly, I would really worry about taking on the Slags at present. 

Just now, Moor2Sea said:

Some pretty 'interesting' derbies.... Slags, Millwall and possibly Plymouth at home . Add the away trips to these and a few others Warsaw, Shrewsbury, Oxford possibility Exeter, Coventry, Swindle. 

Hey they are going to rip into us about being a 'massive club', 'spending zillions and getting nowhere' and the 'grounds to big for us' but shit happens.

My greater worry is that we'll be crap in that division too. We haven't built a team. This is our fundamental problem. There is absolutely zero team DNA.  We are group of individuals. 

I don't think I'll go to that one. Too far. Gdansk, maybe ....:whistle:

I notice the usage of the word 'dictatorship and I kind of agree. This is the first time that I can think of that SL has actually used that power in the face of overwhelming disagreement though isn't it?

If it is, I think it's a pivotal moment for us and our club! The feelings of 'detatchment' which I and others are feeling, can only grow if this is the future IMO.

19 minutes ago, bris red said:

We aint getting out of league 1 quickly this time i fear. Could be a Sheffield United scenario for us and be down there for a good few years. Absolute disaster and a complete failure from Steve Lansdown and his son.

This. Johnson doesn't have a fraction of the drive and personality that Cotts did, and that's what you need to get promoted out of that division

23 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Oh no..... Not "the bloody awful" Warsaw Concerto!....

On 14/02/2017 at 22:13, Neo said:

Yeah I will renew - tried not when I got despondent a few years back - hated it and will not make that mistake again !!

You must need a life then! You and your like are keeping LJ in a job and destroying our club.

A big NO from me, i am by nature the kind of bloke that doesn't give up on things because it gets a bit tough, bit like a driving test, you keep on going until you crack it, difference is if you know that the instructor/teacher is clueless then you bin it because you no longer enjoy the challenge or the ride, sadly the present incumbents at the club do not fill me with any confidence that things will improve, after nearly 60 years as a supporter i need to give it a break, it hurts just listening on the radio, yet alone watching something that means a lot to you fail so miserably week after week,too old in the tooth now to be going over old ground, if we were to go down it would all seem a bit pointless,been there done it so better off away.

After 20+ years of nearly all home games and quite a few away I have decided to not renew if we are relegated. Which in turn encompasses 3 season tickets. I have always supported through thick and thin and always renewed without hesitation after a relegation season.

The inner me toils with going because its the right thing to do as a fan, but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Night games are an absolute chore, especially with parking and rarely do we get any joy at the match. So inevitably I have to question 'why?' All this time and money for a massive dollop of stress and depression!?!

So this leaves me back at where I started all those years ago. Paying on the day when money and time were convenient for me. The sad thing is I don't see much value in paying nearly £30 for a 3rd tier football match!

Archived