IGNORED

I can't handle another season in league one / Would you renew your season ticket? (Merged)

formerly known as ivan

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

To be honest, this is the closest I've come to not renewing. But, I probably will. I still support the lads, they are my team, and whatever SL, LJ and MA do is beyond my control. I understand all the talk about 'DNA', football today, business, etc., but I think sometimes too much emphasis is put on this and the 'creative spark' is lost. 

Spot on

18 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

And that is where I feel we're heading? How can someone who has only won 1 football game in 17 attempts keep their job? How can you justify changing the formation of a team that scores 3 against Derby? How can you justify dropping the player that scored 1 and assisted 2 in his first full debut? Hamstring I hear you say? Well in that case how can you justify him coming on and playing 3/4 of the game!! Or even being of the bench? How can you justify spending a total of £5.5m of 2 players that don't play? One arguably our best centre back and the other has hardly been given a chance. How can you justify selling Luke Ayling with our defensive issues? How can you justify the lack of passion? How can you justify the lack of improvement with all the money that has been spent? I could continue...

I'm sick and tired of hearing "knee jerk this and knee jerk that". I'm sick of it. Only Bristol City can take a double winning squad and tear it to shreds. Tear the team spirit and soul out of it, and employ an ex player who was so marmite during his playing career that you could literally spread him on toast. A manager than had zero, yes, zero experience in managing a team in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

Can someone please justify why this guy still has a job when all I can see is failure? And please Lee, if you're reading this, believe me, you aren't hurting as much as anyone, because if you were hurting as much as this fan, you would leave for the sake of the club. 

Literally spread on toast?!

2 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Ok statto. Pat on the back for you if I've got it wrong by a game. Pretty sure we're still in the...

We've won 2 out of the last 13.  Not saying that's good cuz every one knows it's an awful run but there's no need to make up stats when it's shit enough as it is.

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I cant wait for L1. Losing at home to Rochdale, Chesterfield or bloody Port Vale on a freezing tuesday night is what ive spent the majority of my life seeing. Whats not to love!!:grr:

Exactly! Nothing is going to change this year.

1 minute ago, #roe said:

We've won 2 out of the last 13.  Not saying that's good cuz every one knows it's an awful run but there's no need to make up stats when it's shit enough as it is.

I agree. It's flat out relegation form and has been for over two months. 

Why will it change?

22 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

And that is where I feel we're heading? How can someone who has only won 1 football game in 17 attempts keep their job? How can you justify changing the formation of a team that scores 3 against Derby? How can you justify dropping the player that scored 1 and assisted 2 in his first full debut? Hamstring I hear you say? Well in that case how can you justify him coming on and playing 3/4 of the game!! Or even being of the bench? How can you justify spending a total of £5.5m of 2 players that don't play? One arguably our best centre back and the other has hardly been given a chance. How can you justify selling Luke Ayling with our defensive issues? How can you justify the lack of passion? How can you justify the lack of improvement with all the money that has been spent? I could continue...

I'm sick and tired of hearing "knee jerk this and knee jerk that". I'm sick of it. Only Bristol City can take a double winning squad and tear it to shreds. Tear the team spirit and soul out of it, and employ an ex player who was so marmite during his playing career that you could literally spread him on toast. A manager than had zero, yes, zero experience in managing a team in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

Can someone please justify why this guy still has a job when all I can see is failure? And please Lee, if you're reading this, believe me, you aren't hurting as much as anyone, because if you were hurting as much as this fan, you would leave for the sake of the club. 

i think you sum it up as it is . time to go Cardiff played the same 2games as us result 6points

15 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I wouldn't renew and become a member. Hand pick my games!! 

Fleetwood / bury on a Tuesday night at home, no thanks. 

Done all that shite years ago!! Bury away on a Tuesday night, chesterfield away on a Tuesday night after arriving on the Saturday to find it cancelled. 

Like you I'd probably revert to membership and pick my matches. Let's face it, it won't be hard to get a seat in League One in a 27k stadium...

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As I've put it before - I support the club and not just the current custodian of it. 

Managers, players, board members...they come and go. The fans are the constant. 

If you don't get that feeling you have to question why you go at all (not aimed at the OP just in general) 

I have fifty years under my belt and I have questioned my own sanity on many occasions. From Northampton to Bradford from Plymouth to Peterborough from Gillingham to random shit tip

You are correct in managers players etc come and go and the fans are constant. The constant is we will never be anything less than City fans, but if anyone thinks 18-24k will be attending next season without a dramatic change then they are deluded.

Why would anyone in their right mind hand over cash to watch this. Many who have season tickets will not bother next home game and many more that do will be waiting for the stupidity that will cost us the game.

Yes the major shareholder needs to show leadership and he has by backing his man against overwhelming evidence, but as the bloke said on another thread we are now officially 1 point better off than last season despite spending multi millions, with no clear pattern or discernible way forward. DNA REALLY!

SL giveth SL taketh away and he wont be budged, until now. 

24 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I agree. It's flat out relegation form and has been for over two months. 

Why will it change?

Well things can change.  For instance the 13 games before that we won 4 of them. Again not great, but different and obviously (slightly) better.  Just because our last few months have been bad results, doesn't mean the next few will repeat it but of course it doesn't mean it will automatically get better. 

Bringing in a new manager doesn't guarantee anything either, in fact the only thing it would guarantee is that it'll bring an end to yet another recent managerial spell and all the planning and work over the last 12 months will be passed on to another new guy who will likely want things their own way.

We were in a worse position last season and the guy people want out now managed to turn it around and keep us up so is it that bizarre to have a little bit of faith in him now?

43 minutes ago, #roe said:

We were in a worse position last season and the guy people want out now managed to turn it around and keep us up so is it that bizarre to have a little bit of faith in him now?

Sometimes a manager/head coach can't build a team. They do well with another persons squad but as soon as they start to bring in their own players you realise they don't actually know what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Sometimes a manager/head coach can't build a team. They do well with another persons squad but as soon as they start to bring in their own players you realise they don't actually know what they are doing.

Where his conviction in his style of play?  It's not like an injury crisis has forced his hand.  The selections are his, the vast majority of players are his signings. He has a vast array of players he can pick in his 442 or variant.  Just do that.  Stop the experiments (or guesswork).  Believe it or not, I don't think he's as bad a head coach as he's currently demonstrating.

In my time supporting City (almost thirty years), most of that time we have been in the third tier (or if in the second tier, crap).  

Johnson is clearly not doing very well at all.  We should not be complacent about the real risk of relegation.  We have clearly failed to build on momentum.  It is galling to see teams who used to be considered useless now generally seen as stronger clubs than us.  And of course, I'd rather we were winning the Prem with a first XI made up of players from Redcliffe,  Or even just winning some bloody matches with a coherent style.

But I can handle plenty more seasons in League One.  I think some people really need to get a grip.  

You support Bristol City for Christ's sake.  Did you not notice that we've always been a bit average when you first signed up?

7 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

In my time supporting City (almost thirty years), most of that time we have been in the third tier (or if in the second tier, crap).  

Johnson is clearly not doing very well at all.  We should not be complacent about the real risk of relegation.  We have clearly failed to build on momentum.  It is galling to see teams who used to be considered useless now generally seen as stronger clubs than us.  And of course, I'd rather we were winning the Prem with a first XI made up of players from Redcliffe,  Or even just winning some bloody matches with a coherent style.

But I can handle plenty more seasons in League One.  I think some people really need to get a grip.  

You support Bristol City for Christ's sake.  Did you not notice that we've always been a bit average when you first signed up?

This attitude is One of the many reasons why this Club is like it is

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This attitude is One of the many reasons why this Club is like it is

I didn't say I want it. I didn't say that I don't think the club is beyond criticism, nor say that it should not be taking all steps to avoid relegation.  I said I can handle it.

I really don't think that taking a sober approach to the club's fortunes causes it to fail. Or that taking a despairing approach to failure drives it forwards. 

2 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Great post mate i thought you wete me writing this

2 hours ago, Full nelson said:

I wouldn't renew and become a member. Hand pick my games!! 

Fleetwood / bury on a Tuesday night at home, no thanks. 

Done all that shite years ago!! Bury away on a Tuesday night, chesterfield away on a Tuesday night after arriving on the Saturday to find it cancelled. 

Too right mate whilst not expecting prem footy in my lifetime after fifty seven years enough is enough

3 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Depressing thought aint it?

Especially since Rovers are in that division :blink::sad26:

Sadly as it stands I can see that happening. We have a manager that has no clue what he is doing and seems an expert at throwing away leads regardless how big and a board that's just as clueless cus they have their heads firmly buried in the sand.

I will definitely be renewing........I love to atmosphere, the overpriced hot chocolate (with all the powder in the bottom) and "sheep" pies (even with the season card plus discounts). You just can't give that crap up!

I, like a previous poster, support the team....not the incumbant manager....we will prevail..... Just stick with it.

Archived