IGNORED

Engvall on loan to Sweden

bristolcitysweden

Every day this club becomes a bigger joke.

What are our media/pr guys paid to do? Certainly not deal with rumours on otib for sure.  They need promptly to confirm rumours or deny them. 

We used to sing 'We are walking in a Wilson Wonderland' today we seem to be walking in Alice's Wonderland.

Can't wait for The Cheshire Cat or The Mad Hatter to make an appearance.

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Sold back to Sweden we at the best would get 1/3 of what we paid 

Is Sweden the only place we can loan now window has shut?  Surely there are other leagues to give him different experiences?  And why now?   

All seems odd.

Happy to be corrected if there's a glaringly obviously thing I missed, which is highly possible!

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Every day this club becomes a bigger joke.

What are our media/pr guys paid to do? Certainly not deal with rumours on otib for sure.  They need promptly to confirm rumours or deny them. 

We used to sing 'We are walking in a Wilson Wonderland' today we seem to be walking in Alice's Wonderland.

Can't wait for The Cheshire Cat or The Mad Hatter to make an appearance.

Your wish is my command.

IMG_0357.JPG

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Is Sweden the only place we can loan now window has shut?  Surely there are other leagues to give him different experiences?  And why now?   

All seems odd.

Happy to be corrected if there's a glaringly obviously thing I missed, which is highly possible!

Norway could be an option and possibly Finland. Djurgårdens IF about the same standard as City. Sweden the obvious choice as his girlfriend is still at highschool here

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Closest to that happening is Lee visiting Ikea - those flatpack kits always come with done extra square pegs for some badly cut round holes.

Being LJ, having read all about flat pack innovation, he is trying a new combination of shelves in his "BILLY" bookcase, using just one peg for the top shelf, before trying 3 different combinations of pegs for the other 3 shelves. But none of them are positioned quite right, can't take any weight and all fall down. 

At a subsequent press conference, LJ points out that the bookcase kept its shape, and that with a little luck and a complete change of peg combination for next week the shelves might hold up. Or perhaps not. He also adds it might take him another couple of visits to IKEA before he can get the quality of shelf and peg is he looking for, even though it would seem that he has one Scandinavian original spare that he hasn't tried much, and another one that looked pretty strong & reliable, but he keeps putting somewhere out of reach when construction time starts!

I am sick and tried of this club signing players, then playing them out of position.Or putting them on the bench and not playing them.Or not playing them but sending them out on loan.Or the players getting feed up my the way they have been treated, we move them on to other clubs and they are a success. Rant over that feels better.

33 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I am sick and tried of this club signing players, then playing them out of position.Or putting them on the bench and not playing them.Or not playing them but sending them out on loan.Or the players getting feed up my the way they have been treated, we move them on to other clubs and they are a success. Rant over that feels better.

With the exception of Bolasie, I can't think of that many players who have massively improved further than our club.

36 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

It's like golf, I have lots of clubs in my bag but never use 2 or 3 of them.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

With the exception of Bolasie, I can't think of that many players who have massively improved further than our club.

Andy Cole

Tom Heaton

Rob Newman

Albert Adomah

Greg Cunningham

.....just a few off the top of my head that could possibly fit that description...but you're right in that we aren't generally a club that produces/finds too many gems who go on to set the world alight...

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Andy Cole

Tom Heaton

Rob Newman

Albert Adomah

Greg Cunningham

.....just a few off the top of my head that could possibly fit that description...but you're right in that we aren't generally a club that produces/finds too many gems who go on to set the world alight...

Cross out Cunningham and add Jonathan Kodjia and also Luke Ayling 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Heaton, Baldock, Vokes (I'm aware he was a loan signing that barely played), Adomah (until he made the mistake of signing for Villa).

Gustav has been appallingly managed- he must feel like a right mug for drinking the Bristol City snake oil and leaving his life to come here and play for our bloody U23 side

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Any of our Swedish members able to make sense of this?

http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/darfor-nobbar-gustav-engvall-ifk-goteborg/

Here you go:

Gustav Engvall, 20, is about to be loaned to Djurgården. The former Blåvitt striker should not have been interested in moving home to Gothenburg. According to GT's data may be due to a financial dispute. AD: Ölänningen came to IFK Gothenburg's organization in 2012 and developed rapidly. Last summer he was sold to Bristol City in the Championship in an acclaimed giant business. Engvalls lucrative contracts run for three years plus an option years, and Bristol City sees him as with a future.  - I went and looked at Engvall in Gothenburg and then told the owners that "we buy enormous potential, not a starting player right now." Engvall being acclimatised and have a bright future. He is doing really well in training and we like his attitude, the club's chief scout Des Taylor earlier told GT. attorneys connected So far, Gustav Engvall had to be content with two appearances totaling 40 minutes of England's second highest series. That is why he may be about to be loaned to Djurgården. While looking for IFK Gothenburg after a striker. So the question is why Engvall not return to his former club to get playing time. Blåvitt says he does not even been approached about a possible loan. According to GT's information depends on an economic dispute. Gustav Engvall will be entitled to a portion of the transfer fee last summer when he left Blåvitt, but the parties have not agreed on the details of the agreement. It has gone so far that lawyers have been linked and GT experience that Engvall has been very disappointed with the management. Mats Gren is reticent about the data. - That I will not comment.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Andy Cole

Tom Heaton

Rob Newman

Albert Adomah

Greg Cunningham

Goater

Akinbiyi

Barnard

Hill

This season is a difficult one. But I feel if we can just survive it next season we will kick on and do well. But yes, we should use one of two pairs upfront. Abraham and Taylor or Djuric and Engvall or switch the two little guys with the other big uns. To me, it's a season of complete disappointment, but no club or manager etc has a right to success. Sometimes even hard work doesn't succeed. Look at how Steve Bruce is now struggling at Villa. I would have chosen him to manage City had he been free at the time. So you never know how things will turn out. On Wednesday we all have to forget our own agendas and get the lads over the line against Fulham. As soon as the players appear cheer like hell and that goes for when Johnson appears. If we get a hammering, which I don't believe we will, then show your feelings. Wednesdays result is a must win.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I'm sure someone will find the quote, if there is one, but didn't LJ say he watched GE a lot before he signed - or am I thinking of another player?

Johnson said we, and 'numerous other clubs' monitored him for a while. 

And that premiership clubs watching us trained asked who 'the blonde striker was'. 

Must all be bullshit as A) seems no decent club has come in for him on loan and B) if he's catching the eye of Prem coaches he must be decent enough to warrant more than 20 mins of league football since August. 

Archived