IGNORED

Another Neil Warnock quote

TwoSheds

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

His tactics are awful and would probably sell his own Grandmother to get a point. That said he is a character and the game would be worse off without him. I look forward to Warnock games as he always gives it an extra edge. 

Yeah awful tactics on Saturday, Cardiff 5-0 Rotherham. How did we get on against them again?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Does he definitely say that in the book?

I was recently reading another book in which Warnock states a C'Ship club wanted to hire him but the Chairman at the time was worried that he lived in Cornwall and demanded that Warnock moved closer to the club so he could attend training etc daily. Apparently Warnock said "I'm not the man for the job then" and turned it down. I wondered at the time; was this us?

No, he expresses that he likes us in his book. I don't think we've ever been interested in him, I assume that from the fact he's never been offered the job here despite expressing that he likes us.

Here's the extract from his book - the other pages are about games against us (most particularly the ghost goal tbf) but it's clear he likes the club and would have taken the job if offered it in the past.

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Relax TFJ, he'll always be Colin, it's only his little fan club who take offence.

I get the impression the man himself would find it quite funny though.

You know what gets me hot under the collar?

:grr:

Well I'll tell you.

1) Mishal Hussian

2) Fans who like managers like LJ AND Neil Warnock.

And yet ..........

When I suggest Alan Pardew :wub:, they don't like him!

Alan is much nicer than either LJ or Colin.

What's not to like??

Fickle as ****.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

2 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

OK, keep believing if you like. If he has a hook for a story or a soundbite, he'll use it. The 'cold showers' quip has been said about several clubs, including both of us.

I'm just saying this is what he does, all the time. He's not just obsessed with Bristol City I'm afraid.

Obsession, no. But he does quite clearly have a bit of a soft spot for us. He chose to use us for his "I want to be booed when I die" quip - there must be a reason for that.

Got a lot of time for him myself.

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

By which I mean how easy his tactics are on the eye. Effective there is no doubt, but not pretty.

Watch the highlights, he gets the best out of his team. If he's in a relegation fight and his players can't cope then he'll use 'dirty' tactics. If the teams got potential to play well then he'll get them playing well.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Obsession, no. But he does quite clearly have a bit of a soft spot for us. He chose to use us for his "I want to be booed when I die" quip - there must be a reason for that.

Got a lot of time for him myself.

You are entitled to an opinion.

I've always liked Crippen.

:dunno:

tfj

Archived