IGNORED

Another Neil Warnock quote

TwoSheds

Worrying isn't it.  I have some blind faith that the players will somehow dig us out of the sh1t.

if Wigan beat QPR at Loftus Road on Tuesday I dread to think how tense the whole place will be in Wednesday.

In some respects the Rotherham win is the way to win, score late(ish) so there's little time for us to sit back and hang on. :P

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now yer talking, Izzard is superb and I once saw Fry give a two hour humorous address at a posh dinner with no notes in front of him...he was awesome...

Mmmm.....interesting choices :P

Both's humour far to clever for a pleb like me.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lee Evans - Simply the funniest I've seen by a mile , Peter Kay second 

Evans got a bit 'samey' after a while for me.  Kay, funny, but a bit annoying when I've seen him interviews,which tajes the edge off him for me.

love all the stuff on 'Dave' though.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Just a couple that happen to be polar opposites of Chubby Brown ( by reputation - genuinely never seen him).

I saw CB live, he got heckled, couldn't handle the heckler and got him chucked out.  The heckler was far more funny.

Very unfunny was Chubby.

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genius? Really? Ok Dave.....not the height of comedy in my opinion, but it's Sunday night, so I'm sure we can agree to disagree!

Have a good week Chief!

Seriously? Find me another nickname derived from such clever wordplay and I'll bow to your superior taste.

(PS and Colin is such an onanist).

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Seriously? Find me another nickname derived from such clever wordplay and I'll bow to your superior taste.

You really think "Colin ******" is 'clever wordplay' ?!

Good grief......my fave footy nickname is "One Size" for the Palace player Fitz Hall....do you need me to explain it to you or are tacky anagrams your thing?

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief......my fave footy nickname is "One Size" for the Palace player Fitz Hall....do you need me to explain it to you or are tacky anagrams your thing?

I think it's time for bed zebedee.  We can all appreciate different things.

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is sooooo obvious!

3 hours ago, Robin Friday's ghost said:

You hate gasheads but that all changed when you signed Taylor. You hate the Welsh but forgot all about that when you signed Cotterill. You hate Warnock but you'd be creaming your jeans if he signed for you.. 

Yeah, that really makes sense....moron.

Believe it or not we've had a few Welsh players before Cotterill....few ex Gas as well, Rovers have had a number of our ex players too. Matty Taylor's from Oxford by the way, not Banjo Island.

Have Cardiff ever signed an English player?

55 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

"I notice Warnock was very complimentary about City and more so our fans in the after game interview. I seem to recall something similar from him before. I reckon he quite fancies the set-up here and would love to manage the team we have and embrace the fans we have."

This was taken from a Cardiff board before he joined us. A QPR fan, quite rightly imo, replied we were deluded and that he says this sort of thing about opposing clubs/fans all the time. 

I'm afraid to say, like us, you're probably not a special case for Warnock in reality. It's all part of the game for him and it seems to work.

He doesn't devote three pages to Cardiff in his book.

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

If we don't like calling him Colin anymore, what should we call him?

'Neil Warnock' doesn't do it for me? It's a bit boring.

Any suggestions?

:dunno:

tfj

Relax TFJ, he'll always be Colin, it's only his little fan club who take offence.

I get the impression the man himself would find it quite funny though.

13 hours ago, JHAGa said:

I've always liked him but have had a real admiration for him since reading his book.

He wanted to manage us, it was our loss that the board turned their nose up at him. Shame it didn't happen.

Does he definitely say that in the book?

I was recently reading another book in which Warnock states a C'Ship club wanted to hire him but the Chairman at the time was worried that he lived in Cornwall and demanded that Warnock moved closer to the club so he could attend training etc daily. Apparently Warnock said "I'm not the man for the job then" and turned it down. I wondered at the time; was this us?

Archived