IGNORED

the point of no return..

Son of Fred

I have a feeling that as soon as we drop into the bottom 3, during or after the next 3 games then that will be it for LJ.

It would still give the new guy enough matches and time to effect a positive difference and hopefully save us.

Fingers crossed we get 4 or 5 points from the next 3 games and avoid the issue.

16 minutes ago, KURTZ said:

I think a defeat on Wednesday could be the end for LJ, I think the fans reaction will persuede SL to sack him,

The crowd will destroy Lee Johnson Wednesday if we lose

Thats a certainty 

Then Steve Lansdown will have decision to make

A new man in for the Newcastle game "could" be a massive boost

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The crowd will destroy Lee Johnson Wednesday if we lose

Thats a certainty 

Then Steve Lansdown will have decision to make

A new man in for the Newcastle game "could" be a massive boost

I can see him getting sacked if we lose but unless we`ve got someone lined up it`ll be Pembo for Newcastle and Villa and a new boss for Burton at home. The timing kind of works with not many of us expecting much from the two away games and then the big welcome on the Saturday for a really important game.

46 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Where does the line get drawn for you??

Failure to win any of the next three matches,which is quite a possibility,will mean two wins in twenty-and will be my tipping point.

No excuses from SL or LJ,nowhere any longer to hide.nowhere to run.

If we lose to Fulham he should definitely get sacked. I'm sorry but why the hell do we need to wait until we are in the bottom 3! A lot of the talk and PR from Ashton SL and Johnson was that we were aiming to be competitive and push for promotion this season. Millions spent in the market suggest this was not unrealistic when you look at the squads Hudds and Leeds have. What those teams have are tactically astute managers who have managed or coached at the top level.  LJ is holding this club back from progression. He should already be sacked based on the underachievements of this season and the embarrassment of a club record of defeats with the most expensive squad in our history!!! It's getting a little tedious now. Lose to Fulham and we will be down in the dumps by the time we play Newcastle. 

55 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I have a feeling that as soon as we drop into the bottom 3, during or after the next 3 games then that will be it for LJ.

It would still give the new guy enough matches and time to effect a positive difference and hopefully save us.

Fingers crossed we get 4 or 5 points from the next 3 games and avoid the issue.

Is that feeling based on SL having had enough if we drop into the bottom three? Or perhaps that it will cost us a lot less money if we part ways then as opposed to now?

Before Derby, I said 5 points from 5 (Derby, Leeds, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa) was needed to keep us in touch, but we'd likely still be in or level with the relegation zone if we got no more than that.

More points than that and I think we'll be outside the relegation zone; less and I think it's not unrealistic to think we could be a few points off safety going into the Burton game.

In a situation where we'd have 12 games to play but likely need ten points from those games to reach the bare minimum of 45 (which I don't think will be enough for safety this year anyway), then I think SL would be accepting relegation by leaving LJ in charge, and being he's said that isn't an option, I'd expect LJ fired.

So, for me; four points minimum from the next three games, or we're looking ****ed.

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Despair, Anger, Denial:

"In reality, we just lost too many games... turn some of those games into draws and we could still be in contention..."

Groundhog day.

Watching that is harrowing; literally cannot finish.

I'd strongly urge SL to rewatch it himself, and ask the question as to whether much of what he (accurately) identified as being flaws will not be the same things he's bemoaning if we fail to stay up this year.

His concern over cup runs; we played our second team against Hull at home this year and missed out on the quarters, and did similar away to Burnley when we had our first shot at round five for a generation - if I'm in his shoes, that would be boiling my piss right now.

Switch out his chat about centre halves for full backs, and pop midfielders in instead of forwards and he's basically describing our recruitment this year.

My God; that is haunting.

46 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Should never have been appointed./

Thank God!  Someone who finally agrees with me, I have been saying this all season and being put down. the boy's were playing well for Pemberton and Wade, they should have been allowed to continue.  I am sure they would have avoided relegation and then SL and MA had time to look for an experienced Championship manager and not take the cheap option as usual, as we all know where that lands us.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done
Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for is to die
in your sleep

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Thank God!  Someone who finally agrees with me, I have been saying this all season and being put down. the boy's were playing well for Pemberton and Wade, they should have been allowed to continue.  I am sure they would have avoided relegation and then SL and MA had time to look for an experienced Championship manager and not take the cheap option as usual, as we all know where that lands us.

Totally agree. There were so many options out there. Yet again SL went for the cheap option. Starting to question the way our club is being run. 

Just now, tinman85 said:

Totally agree. There were so many options out there. Yet again SL went for the cheap option. Starting to question the way our club is being run. 

Surely he should have learnt from the Tinman and Millen experience. But no. We don't ever learn from our mistakes. Bit fed up 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

I don't think it was the cheap option, but the option that he and MA had dreamt of. One that fitted into their project…plus he has a soft sport for LJ (which makes it a worse decision, in my eyes). 

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't think it was the cheap option, but the option that he and MA had dreamt of. One that fitted into their project…plus he has a soft sport for LJ (which makes it a worse decision, in my eyes). 

Agreed.

Nothing about LJ's appointment supports this notion of 'cheap'; he's spent more in two transfer windows than the last couple of managers did in twice as many, and has been given licence to bring in a second assistant manager too.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'm not going to indulge in it; many were as negative about SC and he did what he came into do.

But don't think LJ was/is a cheap option, whether he was a good appointment or not.

And I'd suggest that even if his base wages are higher than LJ, Rowett got better results that LJ with far less investment in players.

Archived