IGNORED

the point of no return..

Son of Fred

5 hours ago, SecretSam said:

The key question is who would be a better option?  We've chopped and changed and it's rarely worked out.

The key question is who could be possibly be worse?

2 wins in 17 games. Fall outs with Tomlin, O'Niel, Patterson, Reid & most recently Maggers. Constantly outsmarts himself with tinkerman tactics. Could not even set-up the team to see out a 3-0 HT lead... I'll take ANYONE over LJ.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

The key question is who could be possibly be worse?

2 wins in 17 games. Fall outs with Tomlin, O'Niel, Patterson, Reid & most recently Maggers. Constantly outsmarts himself with tinkerman tactics. Could not even set-up the team to see out a 3-0 HT lead... I'll take ANYONE over LJ.

5 hours ago, SecretSam said:

The key question is who would be a better option?  We've chopped and changed and it's rarely worked out.

me and I know naff all about tactics , formations or man management .

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Spud, only Bristol City could have a master plan that involves getting a manager you ( or shall we say Mr Lansdown for sake of argument) can work with, get yourself relegated from the Championship so that he can prove himself in Lge 1 and bring us back up to where we originally started a few years before. Absolutely brilliant . Can any City supporters see any flaws with this master stroke ( apart from results on the pitch) but there again who gives a to** about those minor details :grr:

Erm...we haven't been relegated.

So our Scouting, Academy, players actually wanting to come to us, Overseas recruitment, analysts etc, isn't better than two years ago?

Magners, Wright, Geifer, Hegeler, Duric, all decent players that wanted to come to Bristol City.

Yet two seasons ago...even though we made huge million pound bids for the like of Gayle and Gray...they weren't attracted to us a Club.

Then the likes of Tomlin and GoN agree to come.

Results may not have been great, but you can't say we haven't tried to better ourselves throughout the club.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

So our Scouting, Academy, players actually wanting to come to us, Overseas recruitment, analysts etc, isn't better than two years ago?

Magners, Wright, Geifer, Hegeler, Duric, all decent players that wanted to come to Bristol City.

Yet two seasons ago...even though we made huge million pound bids for the like of Gayle and Gray...they weren't attracted to us a Club.

Results may not have been great, but you can't say we haven't tried to better ourselves throughout the club.

But surely all of these things mean absolutely nothing if we fail on the pitch??!!! And i can assure you that if we get relegated our chances of attracting quality players to the club will be pretty much zero.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

We will see then.

At 1 nil down with 5 minutes  to go Ashton Gate goes into raptures of "Theres only one Lee Johnson" and "Johnson says, bounce around the ground"

REALLY?????

I'm not too sure what you are asking me?

I read a lot on this forum about chants, protests, banners etc aimed toward Lee Johnson in a negative manner, but see and hear very little in the ground.

My guess is lots of people have the balls to say a lot on here but not to do anything in the ground.

I bet there will be a few boos amoungst the applause at the end of the game if we lose.

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Spud, a couple of weeks ago, my son in law who is from Ecuador and who I have taken to the gate this year asked me about him getting a food-van and going to the City at home matches selling Ecuadorian food where the burger vans are. Not being knowledgeable in these matters I emailed the Commercial Dept to see how he could do it...................................I am still awaiting an email back.....................................................bettering ourselves throughout the club ??????...........................they are b*****y  hopeless behind the scenes and whoever is in charge of marketing should have his ars* kicked

27 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Spud, a couple of weeks ago, my son in law who is from Ecuador and who I have taken to the gate this year asked me about him getting a food-van and going to the City at home matches selling Ecuadorian food where the burger vans are. Not being knowledgeable in these matters I emailed the Commercial Dept to see how he could do it...................................I am still awaiting an email back.....................................................bettering ourselves throughout the club ??????...........................they are b*****y  hopeless behind the scenes and whoever is in charge of marketing should have his ars* kicked

I totally agree that their responses to emails, tend to only be replied quickly, if it revolves around the club making money...outside of that, it's hopeless. In saying that, lots of other clubs are like that too.

36 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

It is my understanding that catering at the club is oursourced to an independent company before the season starts. This outside company no doubt have their own suppliers/contacts.

For that reason you most likely won't get a reply, although it only takes two minutes to write a quick reply so, which is just polite.

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10:46, Dolman Block B said:

Let's be honest

A defeat v Fulham would be a disaster

Really can't see us getting anything against Newcastle or Villa

Perhaps just perhaps a new manager/coach will pump the squad up and see us get something from these two games 

Villa are shocking at the moment so I wouldn't write that match off 

@spudski - you are right we are doing better in all areas than on the pitch, but those things require investment, partly funded by successful results on the pitch.  We won't continue to make strides if we struggle on the pitch.

The strategy also didn't depend on he head coach being a constant.  Bit like Swansea in that respect.

My choice is Uwe Rosler....but I've not really analysed many candidates, he just sticks out from my small network of knowledge.  There are probably Others with better calibre from your wider knowledge base.  People I'll say what has be done at this level?  For comment.  But he has a playing pedigree that bridges gaps.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@spudski - you are right we are doing better in all areas than on the pitch, but those things require investment, partly funded by successful results on the pitch.  We won't continue to make strides if we struggle on the pitch.

The strategy also didn't depend on he head coach being a constant.  Bit like Swansea in that respect.

My choice is Uwe Rosler....but I've not really analysed many candidates, he just sticks out from my small network of knowledge.  There are probably Others with better calibre from your wider knowledge base.  People I'll say what has be done at this level?  For comment.  But he has a playing pedigree that bridges gaps.

Chris Honor was interesting in RB tonight (Season ticket holder and away games on occasions)

Thinks we are in trouble and wasn't too complimentary about players giving %100 or the way LJ set us up for Reading at home - Said he thought we were playing Barcelona and thought at that point we were in trouble

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Posted his name the other day and I would say he'd be my first choice should LJ leave. Helping Fleetwood punch well above their weight right now.

I think if we lose to Fulham on Wednesday and SL intends on pulling the trigger, it will be then, otherwise I'm left wondering when would he? It would be getting almost too late for a change in some ways and you'd expect LJ here come what may.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Chris Honor was interesting in RB tonight (Season ticket holder and away games on occasions)

Thinks we are in trouble and wasn't too complimentary about players giving %100 or the way LJ set us up for Reading at home - Said he thought we were playing Barcelona and thought at that point we were in trouble

I only caught the first 15 mins then was forced to put Heart on

19 hours ago, spudski said:

When you say 'Soft spot'...do you actually mean, found someone he liked and thought he could work with Professionally? Someone he thought he could work with, and had conversations with over the years, on the way forward for the Club and how they could go about a 'project' together, with a mutual respect?

Which is what I think has happened...and imo, makes sense...in any business.

For everyone that say's sack LJ...they have no idea of which manager would come in and work within the blueprint the Club has set down.

We are not a Club like Cardiff who appointed Warnock...and said 'Get on with it'.

We have a blueprint of how we will work.

Any new manager has to agree to work within those confines.

Surely if the Club were to let LJ go, it would make sense to do some due diligence and be talking to perspective managers that agree to the concept?

Maybe they already have.

However...I think if SL was going to get rid of LJ he would have done it many weeks before the transfer window.

I really don't think LJ is going anywhere, and I suggest fans think that through and try to understand it. Calling for him to be sacked after every defeat...frustration, or not understanding the situation the Club have chosen to take?

IMO...he isn't going anywhere...regardless of results.

I'd buy that if LJ was a successful manager/coach with a reasonable amount of success at Championship level, or possibly if we were playing in L2/L1.

People do appoint their friends in high ranking positions, we hear about it all the time. On occasion it works but that has to depend on the individual and what actual responsibility they are given. It's ok to want to fit the right person into a role, they may have to have the right DNA and agree with the situation that they are working in, but ultimately, and most importantly, they have to have the requirements/ability to do the job. Never mix business with pleasure, makes for some uncomfortable decisions down the line…

Archived