IGNORED

the point of no return..

Son of Fred

1 hour ago, Star of a gunner said:

the reality is we have picked up 8 points in 4 months , with the squad we have that is shameful .

I liked that post, but really don't like what it means. That is an unbelievable amount of points, Im shocked, really shocked how crap we have become. How anyone can keep their job with that return is beyond me. Shameful it is.

4 hours ago, smokey live said:

I liked that post, but really don't like what it means. That is an unbelievable amount of points, Im shocked, really shocked how crap we have become. How anyone can keep their job with that return is beyond me. Shameful it is.

Don't let it worry you though; we're not in the relegation zone, we're only losing by one goal in most games and SL said he wont let the work 'go to waste'.  Nothing to worry about.

I'd like to know what the players really think, they've a short career and must have some professional pride and wouldn't want to be associated with this seasons capitulation?

I understand that it's a job and not necessarily a love for the club that gets them on the pitch but surely they must be hurting.

I've had a job I've loved, and was good at, in the past that my line manager screwed up so badly the entire team was made redundant.  

I can't believe LJ can have that many  supporters left in the dressing room, I'd be livid in their position.

Having seen Blackburn and Fulham play this weekend it has done nothing to ease my fears...........in fact they have increased. Even Burton are stepping up to the plate; LJ has to get "lucky" with his team selection for us to get anything Weds. He seems to have brought players randomly from anywhere, just like his dad did at the end, and seems lost.

Point of no return was xmas when SL decided to stick with his boy, we now go with what we have, we are going to have to battle for every second to survive. We are giving away points as though they are sweets, the 3-0 surrender just about says it all.

We have some good players but no team yet (Villa have found that as well) clock is well and truly ticking we are at this time looking like we are GOING DOWN.

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

I'd like to know what the players really think, they've a short career and must have some professional pride and wouldn't want to be associated with this seasons capitulation?

I understand that it's a job and not necessarily a love for the club that gets them on the pitch but surely they must be hurting.

I've had a job I've loved, and was good at, in the past that my line manager screwed up so badly the entire team was made redundant.  

I can't believe LJ can have that many  supporters left in the dressing room, I'd be livid in their position.

As you know Rum - I'm all for moving Lee on 

But some of those players have little to shout about with their individual performances this year

For them , the head coaches part may be some mitigation but not a full excuse

Footballers are notorious for 'shifting the blame' onto anything and anyone they can

Unfortunately LJ has , in their eyes ,given them an easy excuse / something to blame to excuse their own performances

Time some of them got their arses in gear too !!

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As you know Rum - I'm all for moving Lee on 

But some of those players have little to shout about with their individual performances this year

For them , the head coaches part may be some mitigation but not a full excuse

Footballers are notorious for 'shifting the blame' onto anything and anyone they can

Unfortunately LJ has , in their eyes ,given them an easy excuse / something to blame to excuse their own performances

Time some of them got their arses in gear too !!

:thumbsup:

Looking at LT, GON , Matthews to name and shame but three .

Come on lads you owe it to yourselves if no one else to get us out of this mess ,

4 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Having seen Blackburn and Fulham play this weekend it has done nothing to ease my fears...........in fact they have increased. Even Burton are stepping up to the plate; LJ has to get "lucky" with his team selection for us to get anything Weds. He seems to have brought players randomly from anywhere, just like his dad did at the end, and seems lost.

Point of no return was xmas when SL decided to stick with his boy, we now go with what we have, we are going to have to battle for every second to survive. We are giving away points as though they are sweets, the 3-0 surrender just about says it all.

We have some good players but no team yet (Villa have found that as well) clock is well and truly ticking we are at this time looking like we are GOING DOWN.

:shocking:

:bounce:

Just put £50 on Lee being Championship Manager of the Month for February.

I stand to win £2,015,794.03p if he comes good for me, AND Nicola Sturgeon and Teressa May come out as an item before midnight on 28th Feb.

I don't usually do accumulators, but £2M is too good to turn down.

tfj 

23 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't think it was the cheap option, but the option that he and MA had dreamt of. One that fitted into their project…plus he has a soft sport for LJ (which makes it a worse decision, in my eyes). 

When you say 'Soft spot'...do you actually mean, found someone he liked and thought he could work with Professionally? Someone he thought he could work with, and had conversations with over the years, on the way forward for the Club and how they could go about a 'project' together, with a mutual respect?

Which is what I think has happened...and imo, makes sense...in any business.

For everyone that say's sack LJ...they have no idea of which manager would come in and work within the blueprint the Club has set down.

We are not a Club like Cardiff who appointed Warnock...and said 'Get on with it'.

We have a blueprint of how we will work.

Any new manager has to agree to work within those confines.

Surely if the Club were to let LJ go, it would make sense to do some due diligence and be talking to perspective managers that agree to the concept?

Maybe they already have.

However...I think if SL was going to get rid of LJ he would have done it many weeks before the transfer window.

I really don't think LJ is going anywhere, and I suggest fans think that through and try to understand it. Calling for him to be sacked after every defeat...frustration, or not understanding the situation the Club have chosen to take?

IMO...he isn't going anywhere...regardless of results.

12 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I stand to win £2,015,794.03p if he comes good for me, AND Nicola Sturgeon and Teressa May come out as an item before midnight on 28th Feb.

tfj 

More chance the second part of your bet will come true...

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

More chance the second part of your bet will come true...

The film rights alone would be worth MILLIONS of Scottish euro's ..............

:yawn:

OK. I've thought about the film of Nicola and Teressa'a life together 'slightly' too long, and need a cold shower.

"Woof-woof!!"

:wub:

tfj

28 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

tfj 

Im now scarred,damaged even with an image of Mrs May/Sturgeon "getting cosy"..

Midnight on the 28th??-That truly would be the witching hour.

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Im now scarred,damaged even with an image of Mrs May/Sturgeon "getting cosy"..

Midnight on the 28th??-That truly would be the witching hour.

Stop thinking about it then!

Put the thought of them, faces grimaced, going for it, "hammer and tong", completely out of your mind.

Forget it ...............

:shocking:  :disapointed2se:  :shocking:  :facepalm:  :noexp:  :shocking:  :sad26:

tfj

23 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately we've been here before, where LJ has reached the point of no return. Defeat after defeat has been the point of no return, but still he's here. I beleive that no matter how City play for the remainder of the season, and even if we go down, SL will stick with him. It will be a press conference at the end of the season where SL says he believes LJ is the man to get us promoted back into the Championship. LJ will then be sacked in November 

This is strange - upon LJ's appointment I felt we would limp badly through this season and he would get sacked in Autumn of 2017 after a poor start to next season too

3 hours ago, spudski said:

When you say 'Soft spot'...do you actually mean, found someone he liked and thought he could work with Professionally? Someone he thought he could work with, and had conversations with over the years, on the way forward for the Club and how they could go about a 'project' together, with a mutual respect?

For everyone that say's sack LJ...they have no idea of which manager would come in and work within the blueprint the Club has set down.

We are not a Club like Cardiff who appointed Warnock...and said 'Get on with it'.

Surely if the Club were to let LJ go, it would make sense to do some due diligence and be talking to perspective managers that agree to the concept?

Maybe they already have.

However...I think if SL was going to get rid of LJ he would have done it many weeks before the transfer window.

I really don't think LJ is going anywhere, and I suggest fans think that through and try to understand it. Calling for him to be sacked after every defeat...frustration, or not understanding the situation the Club have chosen to take?

Thats the problem, Spud, knew it was somewhere..................a bl***y BLUEprint :gasmask:

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Maybe they already have.

What part of the clubs 'blueprint' or 'project' (football side only) do you believe is currently working? 

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

Everything, apart from the results on the pitch.

Spud, only Bristol City could have a master plan that involves getting a manager you ( or shall we say Mr Lansdown for sake of argument) can work with, get yourself relegated from the Championship so that he can prove himself in Lge 1 and bring us back up to where we originally started a few years before. Absolutely brilliant . Can any City supporters see any flaws with this master stroke ( apart from results on the pitch) but there again who gives a to** about those minor details :grr:

Archived