IGNORED

The squeaky bum Fulham match night thread

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Ok, living over here I haven't seen them play except when on TV.  Tell me, did they play well up until September/October last year and then started playing crap, or were we crap at the beginning of the season but just lucky with the results?  Listening to this, they sound clueless and inept. 

I'm in the minority here but we haven't been good all season. We just seemed to knick a goal or two in small periods of play. We then just hung on.

A well run club would have recognised this is not working and would have got Rowett in.

But we are not a well run club. We're a confusing case. We are fed this 'sleeping giant' and 'billionaire owner' rhetoric yet here we are struggling with the teams in transfer embargoes and those who have never been at this level before.

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Ok, living over here I haven't seen them play except when on TV.  Tell me, did they play well up until September/October last year and then started playing crap, or were we crap at the beginning of the season but just lucky with the results?  Listening to this, they sound clueless and inept. 

We certainly got out of jail a few times early on in the season. The first game against Wigan saw us pulled apart for the goal, LJ threw on three attacking subs which saw us nick the game but I remember walking out thinking we had got lucky.

We then went away to Wycombe and nicked a result by the odd goal, Away to Burton and stole the game late on. The late goals in a number of games papered over cracks and I hope that those early points may just be enough to keep us up. 

Make no mistake though, we are where we are in the league on merit. The results and performances have been woeful since Forest at home.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

How can Steve be allowing this to happen after all of this money spent in a new stadium!!!!!!! Come on Steve. Please please listen to the fans and save this club from an embarrassing relegation. 

It's a really nice stadium though.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Owen Coyle left Blackburn by mutual consent which mean both parties were happy with the settlement....sure we can do something similar

If LJ has the respect for the club he says he does, an agreed settlement which works for everyone (not that LJ deserves a pay off), would be best while we still have the chance to stay in this league 

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I'm in the minority here but we haven't been good all season. We just seemed to knick a goal or two in small periods of play. We then just hung on.

Agreed. Aston Villa and Derby at homecontained two of the worst 45 minutes i have seen. God knows how we turned it around against Villa and Blackburn and Rotherham were equally as appalling......and that was games we got something out of!!!

Still seeing stats everwhere with Fulham having 60%+ possession.

I was a strong believer we'd survive, even with this brain dead, pathetic excuse of a manager in charge. I'm starting to have second thoughts and really starting to worry now.

Then again, nobody will get far with a complete tactically inept **** in charge.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Is going to Sunderland apparently???

Brilliant league 1 defender.

I think now the novelty has worn off as he no longer scores goals we are beginning to see him for how poor he is......such a shame, i love him as a bloke and cult figure, but so many mistakes are coming from him, simple stuff as well, all he had to do was leave Baileys man alone and think about the runner and he would of made the interception. Still think he has a part but shouldnt be above Magnusson.

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

I think now the novelty has worn off as he no longer scores goals we are beginning to see him for how poor he is......such a shame, i love him as a bloke and cult figure, but so many mistakes are coming from him, simple stuff as well, all he had to do was leave Baileys man alone and think about the runner and he would of made the interception. Still think he has a part but shouldnt be above Magnusson.

Said it months ago.

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

If LJ has the respect for the club he says he does, an agreed settlement which works for everyone (not that LJ deserves a pay off), would be best while we still have the chance to stay in this league 

that's ingratiating BS, Johnson is no City fan, he will take every penny he can as he did before when paid off as a player. Only played for City because his father was manager, never a leader on the field. 

Archived