IGNORED

The squeaky bum Fulham match night thread

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Agreed. As heroic as he was, Aden Flint is now the only constant in our tragic defence.

They made about four passes around our box, not one of them under real pressure. It is like every player is thinking to hard where exactly they should be. The issue is bigger than just Flint.

17 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Tonight is another "free" in some peoples eyes as we had a game in hand. But then it is far too late for anyone coming in, so it is more likely SL has decided to go to the end. Will be very tight and Burton game is the key one. One of the worst seasons we have had, and sadly most of it self inflicted. Lets hope we scrape a survival L1 is really horrible, and we know historically we struggle to get promoted from there, only SC managed a miracle turnaround. So... lets get a point tonight and beat Villa away , I cannot cope with L1 and a huge empty stadium. 

I don't actually agree that it is far too late. The squad is half decent and we're not getting hammered every week. The team doesn't need a complete overhaul. I reckon a decent coach could make enough of an impact to steer us to safety relatively comfortably, even at this stage.

Of course it should have happened weeks ago though.

Archived