IGNORED

Players I can Trust or cannot Trust

Abraham Romanovich

Following on from attached  Evening Post article

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/the-key-thing-for-me-is-to-pick-a-team-that-i-can-trust-lee-johnson-ahead-of-newcastle-test/story-30158815-detail/story.html

Name 3 players you would play against Newcastle not necessarily the best but most committed and one you would not (excluding Matthews who is a gimmee}

Pack -never hides away away and capable of a few cruching tackles

Djuric - decent target man and  can cause problems

Cotterill - will put in a performance.

Thought Golbourne was poor against Fulham just seems to nice and never once put his foot in

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well after Wednesday we're I couldn't remember anyone having a good game. I would pick 

Wright

Magners 

cotts 

The one I wouldn't would be 

Tomlin because I just don't think he has been on his game at all . Which is a shame because I really like him 

Of the fit players I agree.....Tammy and Litts would have cone into my thinking too had they not been injured.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Only Cotterill for me. The rest of the starters were pathetic

Can't agree with that. Both strikers worked their socks off but had vast amounts of bugger all to work with. 

Then again Matthews and Golbourne were pathetic enough for 11 players so I guess it all evens out!

Not sticking to the rule, but picking a side purely on putting in a shift I would go with the following...

Fielding - been here a while and has the clubs best interests at heart

Vyner - young lad who will leave everything on the pitch
Wright - been impressed with his commitment and whill also leave everything on the pitch
Flint - no matter what you think of his performances, he cares, always has, always will - due a big performance
Magnusson - get him back in, hes so eager to show what he can produce. Very good attitude and walked around the entire stadium Wednesday to applaud the fans.

Cotterill - you know what you're going to get, full hearted performance
O'Neil - give him a run and I'm hopeful he will produce the sort of performances he is truly capable of, passionate and experienced pro (not going to want a relegation associated with him)
Brownhill - you get a shift, hes happy to run and chase. Not always perfect but he's a hard trier
Paterson - give him a chance, hes lively, direct and is surely eager to prove his worth

Wilbraham - been there and done it, loves the club and will want to mark what is likely to be his last season with a bang, not afraid to get stuck in and annoy defenders
Taylor - appreciates the chance playing at this level, far from perfect, but learning. Good movement and is always looking to impress

By no means a perfectly balanced team but I am sure we would get a level of commitment and togetherness from them!

I have highlighted the three I believe to be the most crucial.

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can't agree with that. Both strikers worked their socks off but had vast amounts of bugger all to work with

Then again Matthews and Golbourne were pathetic enough for 11 players so I guess it all evens out!

They didn't close down quick enough for me. Agree though that neither had much service all night.

Djuric is a fighter and must start. I'd stick O'Neil in, he looked like he gave a shit when he came on midweek and was one of the few to get stuck in.

Not sure if a pairing of Pack and GON in the middle would be too defensive but given the fixture it could be needed.

Not sure how Newcastle normally setup but i can see LJ going for a similar pick to the Reading at home match, 5 across the middle and 1 up.

-----------------------------------------------------------Geifer-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Flint------------------------Wright---------------------Magners---------------------------------

Cotterill-----------------------------------------------Hegeler-----------------------------------------------------Odowda

-----------------------Reid-----------------------------------------------------------Brownhill--------------------------------

--------------------------------------Taylor---------------------------Duric----------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, spudski said:

-----------------------------------------------------------Geifer-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Flint------------------------Wright---------------------Magners---------------------------------

Cotterill-----------------------------------------------Hegeler-----------------------------------------------------Odowda

-----------------------Reid-----------------------------------------------------------Brownhill--------------------------------

--------------------------------------Taylor---------------------------Duric----------------------------------------------------

Spud Out !!

North End fan in peace here- I just wanted to say that while a lot of people have been angry about Bailey Wright, I'm really pleased that many of you are saying that he's high on your picks for the teamsheet.  In my opinion he's a good lad who left us for a pay rise (fair enough) but I think the fact people are p*ssed off is a decent reflection that he was a good player for us!

I've been reading this for a while and haven't seen much on BW so far - so would be interested to hear how he's been playing / reacted to the move, has he been good?

Good luck with staying up - I hope you do, I've enjoyed my last couple of trips to Ashton Gate & with the level of quality in your team you really should be picking up a few more points!

3 minutes ago, northendlondon said:

North End fan in peace here- I just wanted to say that while a lot of people have been angry about Bailey Wright, I'm really pleased that many of you are saying that he's high on your picks for the teamsheet.  In my opinion he's a good lad who left us for a pay rise (fair enough) but I think the fact people are p*ssed off is a decent reflection that he was a good player for us!

I've been reading this for a while and haven't seen much on BW so far - so would be interested to hear how he's been playing / reacted to the move, has he been good?

Good luck with staying up - I hope you do, I've enjoyed my last couple of trips to Ashton Gate & with the level of quality in your team you really should be picking up a few more points!

There have been plenty of posts and threads on Bailey.  Virtually all positive.  He does lack a bit of pace, but he's one of the few players in our squad that lets his marker know he's there.  Been made captain too.  Says it all.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There have been plenty of posts and threads on Bailey.  Virtually all positive.  He does lack a bit of pace, but he's one of the few players in our squad that lets his marker know he's there.  Been made captain too.  Says it all.

Clearly I don't visit often enough! I didn't realise that he'd been made captain- that's great for him and definitely deserved. I'd have seen him as a future captain at North End.

One of football's good guys, Bailey.  My main concern with him was actually not his pace, but the accuracy of his distribution, which was the thing that really was missing from his game IMO.

Archived