IGNORED

Apple cider!

Pound Lane Red

Half time cider required to calm the nerves or suppress the dream. 

Dutifully attended the kiosk and asked for a cider. 

"An apple cider?" Yes please.... a three minute wait only to be told "none left - is blackcurrant OK?"

So a big well done to everyone for drinking the bar dry of cider. 

A poor showing from NUFC for not stocking the away fans bar correctly. 

Blackcurrant indeed. 

Their food selection was good. Everything a fan could want, burgers, hot dogs, pies and chips @Mkelly take note!! Seemed v popular with our fans. 

The prices of alcohol were absolutely disgusting tho, £4.20 for a bottle of lager or Cider is taking the piss somewhat. What does a bottle figure out as? Half a pint? So effectively 8.40 for a pint. 

Just now, Markman said:

I am not sure Wilkins of Glastonbury would agree with that!

It's the minimum it has to contain. The better ones obviously  contain a much higher percentage.  The cheaper versions like white lightning will contain the 38% water and additives.  They buy cheap frozen apple juice from France where it's not really consumed.

25 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Random fact of the day . Thatchers cider are the main producers of Ribena.   I thank you.:yes:

You mean Thatchers own Ribena?

Ive been to the Sanford brewery numerous times and have seen any Ribena production. Perhaps they make it at another site.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You mean Thatchers own Ribena?

Ive been to the Sanford brewery numerous times and have seen any Ribena production. Perhaps they make it at another site.

No they produce it for the owners.  The blackcurrant ripens in late July early August.  Apples in October/November  so the presses are available. Win win for Thatchers.  It is produced at Salford. 

#6 ish .. Westons vintage 8.2% , every bottle contains little bits of individual gravity in every bottle. If you don't believe me try drinking 5/6 bottles you will find it difficult to stand normally and even get up in some cases without gravity pulling you down :whistle:

I did a tour and tasting session at Weston's Cider Mill in Hereford. When it says on the bottle 'aged in oak barrels' they aren't wrong. The barrels are huge. I think their biggest holds 250,000 litres. Apparently there is only one Cooper in the country with the skill to fix them. Except if they are left to dry out, then they crack and shrink and its game over.

Archived