IGNORED

So what was the decision?

citywest30

3 hours ago, RumRed said:

I've changed my avatar today, used to be the REDRUM on the door in The Shining, thinking about it not in the best of taste either,  now you all get the joy of my stoat tattoo instead!

I'm not being faceatious in anyway at all, I just felt uncomfortable commenting negatively whilst not questioning my own choices.

RumRed by the way just means I'm a bit odd and support City, no connations there!

RedRum is an anagram of ' murder ' and also ' murder ' written backwards. 

So ... 

" A witch " 

20 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

This does need addressing.

Marcus X claimed that usernames were not important, and that there were far more important things to worry about.

Well I have an issue with two usernames, but understand others don't.

However, a line must be drawn. What next, people using paedophile's names or childkillers ?

Imagine somebody calling themselves Ian Huntley and using his picture as an avatar ? 

It is also unacceptable, IMO to have the names of mass murderers being used.

Is that a reference to myself?

Apologies if it offends you Gasbuster. Nothing was said when I signed up so I assumed it wasnt a problem but Id be perfectly happy to change my username if people think its inappropriate.

35 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Is that a reference to myself?

Apologies if it offends you Gasbuster. Nothing was said when I signed up so I assumed it wasnt a problem but Id be perfectly happy to change my username if people think its inappropriate.

Good idea, man

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

RedRum is an anagram of ' murder ' and also ' murder ' written backwards. 

So ... 

" A witch " 

Hence why my user name is 'RumRed' which when written backwards is 'Dermur' which I believe is a type of window for those with a brummy accent!

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

I've changed my avatar today, used to be the REDRUM on the door in The Shining, thinking about it not in the best of taste either,  now you all get the joy of my stoat tattoo instead!

I'm not being faceatious in anyway at all, I just felt uncomfortable commenting negatively whilst not questioning my own choices.

RumRed by the way just means I'm a bit odd and support City, no connations there!

Being odd and supporting City is a given, surely? Well if you're not to start with, you soon will be.

10 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

An interesting debate.

So, what are the terrible consequences of someone being "offended"?

It's all subjective anyway. Would "Bomber Harris" be acceptable as a username?

Is there an age limit for mass murders i.e. Fred West not acceptable, Genghis Khan acceptable?

Enola Gay, you may really just like OMITD rather than WMDs.  I agree where to draw the line is impossible, I think in this case the poster was 'trying' to be offensive.  I think intention is almost more important than words used.  Just my opinion.

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think there is (or used to be) a poster on `another forum` who`s avatar was actually a picture of Jimmy Saville - this was fairly recent too.

I think he's on gaschat and still active. Funnily enough, being a City fan will get you banned there.

2 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

"Ahhh... But how do you know she is a witch?"

Well I had a close shave in Salem once but I think I got away with it, I've also been totally 'ducked' a number of times.

I have a stoat as my familiar and a penchant for monorails, so I think @Major Isewater may have got this one spot on.

No warts yet though (more by luck than judgment).

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:03, The Gasbuster said:

This does need addressing.

Marcus X claimed that usernames were not important, and that there were far more important things to worry about.

Well I have an issue with two usernames, but understand others don't.

However, a line must be drawn. What next, people using paedophile's names or childkillers ?

Imagine somebody calling themselves Ian Huntley and using his picture as an avatar ? 

It is also unacceptable, IMO to have the names of mass murderers being used.

I don't like your avatar or your name :)

Archived