IGNORED

He'll go after Burton.

Major Isewater

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you're right. 

No way would anyone in LJ's position describe Burton as a must win without knowing he's gone if they don't. 

The only problem is that if we win, he'll probably get longer. Which would be as bad as losing. 

Its a lose lose I'm afraid. 

Spot on.

Assume we draw (likely I think).

As Blackburn play Wigan on Saturday, a Blackburn win would see us in the bottom three.

A Wigan win would see us just outside the drop zone on goal difference but would mean both Blackburn and Wigan are breathing down our necks. Then Norwich on Tuesday who have lost only 2 in 10.

A draw is not good enough. Must win.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you're right. 

No way would anyone in LJ's position describe Burton as a must win without knowing he's gone if they don't. 

The only problem is that if we win, he'll probably get longer. Which would be as bad as losing. 

Its a lose lose I'm afraid. 

It'll be the worst possible win (I know a win is a win) and then we'll have to hear "turned a corner", "look to kick on", "build on it" etc...

It's too late to make a change. We are down. Hard to see where the hell we will pick up a draw let alone a win from our remaining games. As soon as we score we fall apart. Bullied all over the pitch. We are flying through the trap door I am afraid and the buck stops with Steve Lansdown and Co for allowing it to happen. Believing that they knew better than everybody else. A lot of fans won't be bothering in League One after this he been allowed to happen. Despicable how the fans have been told to "shut up"....in response to that I say **** off!!! **** right off. I have supported this club before any of these ***** came along and will support them long after they have all gone, so **** off!

SL specifically said in his recent TV interview that he will be in place for Newcastle, Villa and Burton. That comment suggested the Burton game was pivotal as he probably didn't expect anything from the Newcastle/Villa games but fully expected a home win against Burton.

The after match comment last night that Burton is a must-win would suggest that Johnson knows if he doesn't win, he's gone.

As much as we all know that Johnson has failed and is not the short, medium or long term option, SL will plod on with him if he gets the win

14 minutes ago, Ray White said:

We need five wins to be safe and one of them must come on Saturday.

Have you seen our remaining fixtures, April looks impossible March aint much better, we finish away to Brighton and home to Brum ........5 wins..........Sat is our only realistic chance of getting one and even then Burton will have to have an off day and we will have to get lucky with LJ`s lucky dip team selection.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Have you seen our remaining fixtures, April looks impossible March aint much better, we finish away to Brighton and home to Brum ........5 wins..........Sat is our only realistic chance of getting one and even then Burton will have to have an off day and we will have to get lucky with LJ`s lucky dip team selection.

Norwich on Tuesday. They put FIVE past Forest.

There is a noticeable similarity between our current LJ situation and that of the Labour Party with Jeremy Corbin. 

Complete unwavering support for the 'nice guy' who appears to be so sadly out of his depth. Both situations should be dealt with immediately 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ has dressed the Burton match up as a ' must win ' , IMHO if we lose he will go .

I can't see there being any way back for him after that .

Knowing our luck it will be a draw and hesitation rules again .

If we lose against Burton , I would seriously believe it will be too late and relegation will be a certainty. Burton will be 6 points in front of us with Blackburn just beating Derby their tails will be up against Wigan on Saturday with a game in hand on us . if lose its curtains I'd love to know why we have sacrificed the club for the moral high ground of 'look at us we are a club that stands by its manager'. Total bollocks as ultimately SL will sack him anyway, all be it 7 weeks too late. 3rd division football once again :facepalm:

If we beat Burton then we've taken 4 points from 3 games, 2 of which were away games at big clubs. In isolation that's not terrible and if that form is sustained then we'll scrape survival. LJ would then get the summer and the start of next season but I don't think he'd get beyond September if form doesn't change.

If we don't win then it's at best 2 points from 3 games and that's not good enough for anyone, especially when one of those games was against a relegation rival.

It's absolutely a must-win. He has to go if we don't win. I hope for everyone's sake that we do win it.

The man is an absolute car crash of a coach/manager. He takes abject failure to a whole new level & his post match comments are the ramblings of someone who is totally lost and confused. Exactly how bad a run do we need to have before the powers that be decide it is unacceptable? It defies all logic and is a massive kick in the groin to all us supporters who spend our hard earned cash following the team we love.

54 minutes ago, Beatnik said:

There is a noticeable similarity between our current LJ situation and that of the Labour Party with Jeremy Corbin. 

Complete unwavering support for the 'nice guy' who appears to be so sadly out of his depth. Both situations should be dealt with immediately 

Yeah but internally The MP's want him to lose so who does that represent? Us? the players? :rofl2br:

Also we lose - Sacked, he's just pointed out it's a must win game. Surely he knows what happens if we lose.

Draw - This will probably lead to him staying for one more game although as stated if below sides win and we are in the relegation zone will SL act?

Win - He stays  

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Agree, lets get relegated first, then change the manager. Ffs!

Midget will just step aside IMO - best mates with SL.

If we get relegated and he doesn't get sacked then LJ will be back at the level he belongs! 

Issue is with an owner, ground, city, fans, and players that are above that league and should be in the championship.

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont think pride have nothing to do with it.

How else would you explain the Chairmans behaviour?

Has he not noticed our slide down the table?

Or perhaps he never looks at the league table?

He would have been sacked by now AT ANY OTHER CLUB IN THE COUNTRY.

It's been a record-breaking losing run going back months: loss after loss after loss. Shocking surrenders from winning positions. No settled team.

The only bloke who scores regularly is on loan from Chelsea - without him we would be just above Rotherham.

If its not pride its delusion.

tfj

10 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

If we get relegated and he doesn't get sacked then LJ will be back at the level he belongs! 

We can't even be sure of that......he achieved nothing at Oldham or Barnsley. His win % was no better than it is with us now

I think it seems very clear cut that there's a clause in his contract that means he wont be sacked un-till he's in the relegation zone. It is literally the only explanation. 

Best results this weekend is a 1-0 win for us and a Blackburn to win 6-0.

As much as SL wants LJ to succeed, surely he's not deluded enough to think that a win over Burton, at home, would signal any upturn in fortunes that we require to stay up??? He needs to take a good hard look at the table and remaining fixtures Saturday night and work out how we get out of this mess.

We need a sustained period of good form now; something which LJ has not been able to give us for some time. Only a new manager coming in will be able to possibly kick-start the form we need.

Sad times...

Archived