IGNORED

He'll go after Burton.

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

We have to throw everything at them from the first whistle until the last. I want to see players play like they've never played before, putting in a shift that may define the rest of the season and in fact a shift that may define the next few seasons.

I'm predicting a nil-nil.

Except Tammy , he can play like he's played before . 

I wouldn't be surprised if we hold on to him until we're relegated, I mean SL doesn't want to sack him, and whilst there is "hope" (I think most of us have none left) he'll continue to keep him. Even if we lose and he is gone on Saturday by the time we get our next manager/coach we'll probably find ourselves so deep in the s*** we'll not be able to claw our way out.

Unfortunately It’s looking like the only way the Lee Johnson will leave this club; is if he (and/or the club) decides enough is enough; and comes to an agreement for him to ‘leave the club by mutual consent’.

If this were to happen; the save face spin could be something like; that although Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton are convinced they had the correct man but just needed longer, but; for the good of the club he loves; Lee Johnson; has decided to step down in the hope that someone can step in and turn the teams results around. That way Johnson could give the old ‘never quite worked for me there’ spin.

Sorry; just wishful thinking.

I can't honestly see where he can go from here win lose or draw. You heard the chants last night "Johnson Out" Whether its justified or not, the writing's on the wall for him & the sooner the board realise this & act on it we can all move forward & that includes LJ who must be under considerable stress with it all & yes an improved contract helps with the stress levels but its the board that needs to make the decision.

He's not stupid, he came over with Bobby Reid on Saturday at the end as the fans applauded the players but I didn't see him come anywhere near the fans last night as he would've almost certainly knew he would be in for a barrage of abuse.

The team reflects the manager/coach. I see a rudderless, out of sorts group of players that are not sure of what they're supposed to do that are very low on confidence.

You can persevere as much as you like but if you're not getting the results that the performances warrants then ultimately someone new has to come in.

Now early on this terrible run of defeats the performances were there but increasingly they have dipped to such an extent that odd halves like Newcastle or Derby are exceptions to the rule and we are now dipping alarmingly that performances such as last night are sadly not the exception.

I am afraid he has to go.

As a foot note some of the comments levied at JP are wide of the mark as LJ did him no favours in throwing him on at that late stage of a match already lost.

Is this season already 'gone for a Burton' as far as being in the Championship next year is concerned? (I'm talking needing miracles rather than 'mathematically ' at this stage... do we believe in miracles?)

Regardless of LJ's Bristol City fate, has the damage already been done?  ....  We know the players have the ability to 'do the biz' but after a run like this, the habit of losing and collectively feeling 'unlucky' week after week, can they react positively and quickly enough to turn things around if a 'new broom' comes in?...

Is there a 'new broom' out there that can work the miracles that we need.. ?

If so who? ... and would a miracle worker want to come here right now?  

Reputation wise BCFC at the moment would appear a 'risk take' for most surely? ....  Is that perhaps one reason that 'post Cotts' we ended up with LJ anyway?, were others unwilling to 'risk it' by coming here and taking on a potential basket case as far as our league position was then? (& is once again now).

10 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Is this season already 'gone for a Burton' as far as being in the Championship next year is concerned? (I'm talking needing miracles rather than 'mathematically ' at this stage... do we believe in miracles?)

Regardless of LJ's Bristol City fate, has the damage already been done?  ....  We know the players have the ability to 'do the biz' but after a run like this, the habit of losing and collectively feeling 'unlucky' week after week, can they react positively and quickly enough to turn things around if a 'new broom' comes in?...

Is there a 'new broom' out there that can work the miracles that we need.. ?

If so who? ... and would a miracle worker want to come here right now?  

Reputation wise BCFC at the moment would appear a 'risk take' for most surely? ....  Is that perhaps one reason that 'post Cotts' we ended up with LJ anyway?, were others unwilling to 'risk it' by coming here and taking on a potential basket case as far as our league position was then? (& is once again now).

I think most managers would look at BCFC as a plum post regardless of our League position .

They would enjoy à secure environment in which to work , a good transfer budget,top facilities and an enormous potential for glory and if they're very lucky they'll get fired after a year with a huge payoff, what's not to like ? 

When it was reported we were talking to Barnsley about LJ I sent my son an Email which said " please God not little Lee " and I have said similar on this board from time to time ever since.

I think he is a very decent man who really cares about BCFC. He is also a man who is completely and utterly out of his depth and does not have a clue what he is doing as I posted a while back. To me the worst case is that he is still here next season whichever division we are in as we will go nowhere with him in charge. Worst appointment by SL ever and that says a lot - as for a contract extension it just beggars belief really - you could wonder just what goes on................!!

3 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

SL stated in last interview that he would not allow the club to be relegated he therefore must

A) try to amend the relegation rules of the league in no one gets relegated

B) preparing bribery of teamsofficials

C) some other plan?

3 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Have a feeling there may be a clause in his contract where if he goes whilst not in the bottom 3 he will receive a payout. Whereas if we are in the bottom 3 he will go with nothing. 

I agree. I also continue to think there is more to this than meets the eye. I reckon SL and MA have already interviewed and selected a candidate (probably Rowett as he would have been a shoe in for the Blackburn role) and he is literally waiting in the wings for the fat lady to finish her encore at AG. 

We lose at Burton and hit the bottom 3. I predict LJ is sacked either the same night or following day and then 9am Monday, Rowett is announced.

26 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I agree. I also continue to think there is more to this than meets the eye. I reckon SL and MA have already interviewed and selected a candidate (probably Rowett as he would have been a shoe in for the Blackburn role) and he is literally waiting in the wings for the fat lady to finish her encore at AG. 

We lose at Burton and hit the bottom 3. I predict LJ is sacked either the same night or following day and then 9am Monday, Rowett is announced.

I think this is all wishful thinking @Septic Peg

People are looking too much into it. Having a "in the relegation zone" clause is a load of rubbish. Yes, SL may be waiting to actually see City in the bottom three before he acts. But the whole idea of having someone lined up already I guarantee is not true. This is Bristol City Football Club. If by some miracle LJ was gone this weekend, it would probably take over a week to appoint someone. Most likely, we would be told in the end Pemberton would get the job till the end of the season after one game we didn't lose. That's the Bristol City way.

I've posted quite a today. Most looking at situations from a very minor view. But I am so so down from the result last night, that the emotion of it all has carried on through this day also.

9 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I think this is all wishful thinking @Septic Peg

People are looking too much into it. Having a "in the relegation zone" clause is a load of rubbish. Yes, SL may be waiting to actually see City in the bottom three before he acts. But the whole idea of having someone lined up already I guarantee is not true. This is Bristol City Football Club. If by some miracle LJ was gone this weekend, it would probably take over a week to appoint someone. Most likely, we would be told in the end Pemberton would get the job till the end of the season after one game we didn't lose. That's the Bristol City way.

I've posted quite a today. Most looking at situations from a very minor view. But I am so so down from the result last night, that the emotion of it all has carried on through this day also.

Not having a pop at you Wiz but curious as to why it has to be that way. 

Blackburn sacked Owen Coyle and a day later announced Tony Mowbray. So it seems the Venkys had interviewed and sorted everything with TM before OC got the boot. Why can't SL do the same with Rowett or whoever? 

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Not having a pop at you Wiz but curious as to why it has to be that way. 

Blackburn sacked Owen Coyle and a day later announced Tony Mowbray. So it seems the Venkys had interviewed and sorted everything with TM before OC got the boot. Why can't SL do the same with Rowett or whoever? 

Simply because it is Bristol City. Thats what I've found is the answer to everything that has gone wrong ever in the history of this club. We never do anything as a club that is deemed as "common sense". We don't follow protocol like most normal clubs do. I would absolutely love it to be true though, to have GR lined up by Monday morning. But looking at how we have operated in the past, I cannot see it.

If I am wrong, please rub it in my face.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

Simply because it is Bristol City. Thats what I've found is the answer to everything that has gone wrong ever in the history of this club. We never do anything as a club that is deemed as "common sense". We don't follow protocol like most normal clubs do. I would absolutely love it to be true though, to have GR lined up by Monday morning. But looking at how we have operated in the past, I cannot see it.

Thanks. Like I said, wasn't having a pop. And for what it's worth, I agree, common sense is lacking at AG.

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I'm sure they have sounded out possible replacements already if jnr's going.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

You would hope the feeders have been put out wouldn't you. Saturday may just be the strangest atmosphere at AG in a long long time.

very quiet turning to nasty if we play like we did against Fulham, I just hope the majority let him know exactly how we feel. Bull sh@t to not showing our discontent during the game with five minutes to go if we are behind lets let him have it in numbers. COYR!!! For the future of the Club.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I think most managers would look at BCFC as a plum post regardless of our League position .

They would enjoy à secure environment in which to work , a good transfer budget,top facilities and an enormous potential for glory and if they're very lucky they'll get fired after a year with a huge payoff, what's not to like ? 

Or a post for a 'plum' major!

Said 'plum' would probably be more inclined to join us after some 'prune' has already suffered the indignity of overseeing a relegation... far better I'd have thought to join a club with all the plus points you mention and with a realistic chance of gaining promotion to the Championship (and the kudos that would bring to the successful manager pluml) than being the failed prune (with a nice pay off in pocket) that has taken the club down.. could be seen as poison chalice, (like the England job) with fewer excuses for failure given 'the job' has seemingly everything going for it.

14 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

I'm sure they have sounded out possible replacements already if jnr's going.

For some reason I believe that Roy Hodgson will take a short term assignment to stave off relegation and put us back on the rails. This would neatly bookend his career managing clubs in England.

Archived