IGNORED

He'll go after Burton.

Major Isewater

If we don't win and drop into the bottom three am sure he will go and we'll then be odds on for the drop. 

How in earth are we going to get a good manager him to replace him? Who would want a probable relegation on their CV? Not a big Rowett fan myself, but why would him or anyone like him want a ticket on the Titanic?

Running out of options......

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I think it seems very clear cut that there's a clause in his contract that means he wont be sacked un-till he's in the relegation zone. It is literally the only explanation. 

Best results this weekend is a 1-0 win for us and a Blackburn to win 6-0.

you could be bang on there SR, maybe it's a case of, we just can't afford to pay him off until then! 

5 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I think it seems very clear cut that there's a clause in his contract that means he wont be sacked un-till he's in the relegation zone. It is literally the only explanation. 

Best results this weekend is a 1-0 win for us and a Blackburn to win 6-0.

You might be right but I hope not. Costs of relegation will be massively greater than any payoff. SL is probably supporting Lee because he believes/hopes it can still turn round and the future can be bright. Steve has a firm idea of what he wants the club to be. Abandoning strong beliefs ain't easy for anybody...

21 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

No way would he have a clause in his contract saying he could only be sacked if we are in the relegation zone.

It may be the case that he forfeits some of his 'pay-off' if he is sacked whilst we are in the bottom 3, but we're probably talking £tens of thousands difference versus relegation to League One that will cost us £millions.

35 minutes ago, Calculus said:

You might be right but I hope not. Costs of relegation will be massively greater than any payoff. SL is probably supporting Lee because he believes/hopes it can still turn round and the future can be bright. Steve has a firm idea of what he wants the club to be. Abandoning strong beliefs ain't easy for anybody...

They said the Titanic would never sink - and it did!!

Maybe SL is waiting for the international break, which is usually the managers graveyard, so the new guy get a couple of weeks before we play. But by then (March 25th) we will only have 8 games left and will be way too late. Still trying to work out  how we got to 4th in Sept and now 4th from bottom, any ideas??

2 minutes ago, Real Red said:

Maybe SL is waiting for the international break, which is usually the managers graveyard, so the new guy get a couple of weeks before we play. But by then (March 25th) we will only have 8 games left and will be way too late. Still trying to work out  how we got to 4th in Sept and now 4th from bottom, any ideas??

Yes it's called lee Johnson !

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

When we don't win on Saturday and the club killer is still in charge for Norwich! Is it time for a demonstration towards the board? 

Why against the Board? They carry no weight of significance at the club

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Have you seen our remaining fixtures, April looks impossible March aint much better, we finish away to Brighton and home to Brum ........5 wins..........Sat is our only realistic chance of getting one and even then Burton will have to have an off day and we will have to get lucky with LJ`s lucky dip team selection.

Still think with a new manager we have a chance looking at the home games we have left.

3 hours ago, ploppy said:

If it's a draw he'll be gone as well. I just get the feeling Saturday is last chance saloon, no less than three points will save him.

Blimey! We think a draw and he survives? No chance should he. He needs to go regardless. We will not progress under him. Woeful managerial appointment. 

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why not today. Just get ******* rid of him 

I think the trouble is Lansdown is taking a one-match-at-a-time approach, rather than an overview of the whole season.

In normal circumstances, a loss away to Villa, when we played well at times and had the excuse of our main goal threat out injured, would not be a cause for gnashing of teeth.

But after all the other losses it is. He's missing the context.

I agree with the OP, he'll act if we lose to Burton. But like Major I, I suspect a draw will keep the same toxic paralysis going.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think the trouble is Lansdown is taking a one-match-at-a-time approach, rather than an overview of the whole season.

In normal circumstances, a loss away to Villa, when we played well at times and had the excuse of our main goal threat out injured, would not be a cause for gnashing of teeth.

But after all the other losses it is. He's missing the context.

I agree with the OP, he'll act if we lose to Burton. But like Major I, I suspect a draw will keep the same toxic paralysis going.

I agree. But I'm out of patience. Just want to watch city and win a few lose a few and debate about mid table obscurity. Deflated with it

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

How else would you explain the Chairmans behaviour?

Has he not noticed our slide down the table?

Or perhaps he never looks at the league table?

He would have been sacked by now AT ANY OTHER CLUB IN THE COUNTRY.

It's been a record-breaking losing run going back months: loss after loss after loss. Shocking surrenders from winning positions. No settled team.

The only bloke who scores regularly is on loan from Chelsea - without him we would be just above Rotherham.

If its not pride its delusion.

tfj

Ok, maybe SL believes in his plans and LJ. Otherwise LJ sacked in jan. Like other clubs sack their manager. Its just a thought, dont have the answer.

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

Do they not? And you're happy how the club you love is ran!? Fans are blamed and told not to have an opinion etc etc. 

Far far far from happy with how the club is ran, I tend to keep my opinions and things I am told closer to my chest nowadays as anything said against our messiah gets your loyalty and support of the club questioned and abused.

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Far far far from happy with how the club is ran, I tend to keep my opinions and things I am told closer to my chest nowadays as anything said against our messiah gets your loyalty and support of the club questioned and abused.

Yeah!! You get told you're not a true fan, laughable really. 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you're right. 

No way would anyone in LJ's position describe Burton as a must win without knowing he's gone if they don't. 

The only problem is that if we win, he'll probably get longer. Which would be as bad as losing. 

Its a lose lose I'm afraid. 

Interesting one for the players here, by doing a "Leicester" and downing tools versus Burton they could rid themselves of LJ with a draw or defeat.

My impression though is somewhat surprisingly it seems (in public anyway) that the majority, if not all of the players are still giving their all on the pitch.

I expect a 1-0 home win and LJ lives on for 3 more games, maybe we can "limp" on like that and just survive ? I have my doubts.

We have to throw everything at them from the first whistle until the last. I want to see players play like they've never played before, putting in a shift that may define the rest of the season and in fact a shift that may define the next few seasons.

I'm predicting a nil-nil.

2 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

SL stated in last interview that he would not allow the club to be relegated he therefore must

A) try to amend the relegation rules of the league in no one gets relegated

B) preparing bribery of teamsofficials

C) some other plan?

I said over a year ago that I take what Lansdown says with a pinch of salt. Actions speak louder than words.

Archived