IGNORED

He'll go after Burton.

Major Isewater

Steve Lansdown has met with Keith Millen and invited him to join the coaching staff as a defensive coach, Keith Millen has been told if he decides to come in as a defensive coach that should Lee be relieved of his duties he will be asked to take temporary charge until such decision is made and would be invited to throw his own hat into the ring. Keith said he would not wish to go back into management and will give his offer serious thought over the next 24 hours. John Pemberton and Dean Holden will leave the club after the Burton game as part of a coaching overhaul. Lee has been offered the opportunity to resign before Monday morning, with the option to remain in a coaching role at the club and as a talent spotter and to assist the under 23s and Jamie McAlister. Steve would like him to remain at the club in some capacity but feels the Head Team Coach role has become too much for him and he was not ready for the responsibility. In the meantime Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton will talk to four potential replacements as a head team coach. Two of these are currently unattached and 2 have clubs. Stuart Pearce who is a contact of mine, has been approached, I know that for certain, his representatives are due to meet SL and MA tomorrow, he has previously twice rejected the opportunity to manage the club, on issues he thought was not possible under the terms offered. Lansdown knows this and to approach him again suggests he will be willing to match his terms this time. I am led to believe Phil Brown and Keith Hill are also being sought out, whilst no approach has been made to either of their clubs. Thomas Schaaf has also been approached and attended the game last night with his representatives, he has been helping our European scouting networks and is behind the recommendations for Jens Hegeler and Fabien Giefer. Should Millen accept the role, he will be expected to assist the future replacement and the new Head team coach will be able to bring in two other coaches of their own choice.

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

For some reason I believe that Roy Hodgson will take a short term assignment to stave off relegation and put us back on the rails. This would neatly bookend his career managing clubs in England.

You could be right,i think i just saw him in Emerson gween and Bwadley stoke.

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No way would he have a clause in his contract saying he could only be sacked if we are in the relegation zone.

It may be the case that he forfeits some of his 'pay-off' if he is sacked whilst we are in the bottom 3, but we're probably talking £tens of thousands difference versus relegation to League One that will cost us £millions.

This is what I meant. 

2 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

For some reason I believe that Roy Hodgson will take a short term assignment to stave off relegation and put us back on the rails. This would neatly bookend his career managing clubs in England.

Certainly be a neat symmetry in it. First and last jobs in English football overseeing Bristol City relegations! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Steve Lansdown has met with Keith Millen and invited him to join the coaching staff as a defensive coach, Keith Millen has been told if he decides to come in as a defensive coach that should Lee be relieved of his duties he will be asked to take temporary charge until such decision is made and would be invited to throw his own hat into the ring. Keith said he would not wish to go back into management and will give his offer serious thought over the next 24 hours. John Pemberton and Dean Holden will leave the club after the Burton game as part of a coaching overhaul. Lee has been offered the opportunity to resign before Monday morning, with the option to remain in a coaching role at the club and as a talent spotter and to assist the under 23s and Jamie McAlister. Steve would like him to remain at the club in some capacity but feels the Head Team Coach role has become too much for him and he was not ready for the responsibility. In the meantime Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton will talk to four potential replacements as a head team coach. Two of these are currently unattached and 2 have clubs. Stuart Pearce who is a contact of mine, has been approached, I know that for certain, his representatives are due to meet SL and MA tomorrow, he has previously twice rejected the opportunity to manage the club, on issues he thought was not possible under the terms offered. Lansdown knows this and to approach him again suggests he will be willing to match his terms this time. I am led to believe Phil Brown and Keith Hill are also being sought out, whilst no approach has been made to either of their clubs. Thomas Schaaf has also been approached and attended the game last night with his representatives, he has been helping our European scouting networks and is behind the recommendations for Jens Hegeler and Fabien Giefer. Should Millen accept the role, he will be expected to assist the future replacement and the new Head team coach will be able to bring in two other coaches of their own choice.

This has been debated on here before, turned out the original message which has been copied and pasted numerous times over the Internet originated from captain bullshit kachina 

• Admin
5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Is this season already 'gone for a Burton' as far as being in the Championship next year is concerned? (I'm talking needing miracles rather than 'mathematically ' at this stage... do we believe in miracles?)

Regardless of LJ's Bristol City fate, has the damage already been done?  ....  We know the players have the ability to 'do the biz' but after a run like this, the habit of losing and collectively feeling 'unlucky' week after week, can they react positively and quickly enough to turn things around if a 'new broom' comes in?...

Is there a 'new broom' out there that can work the miracles that we need.. ?

If so who? ... and would a miracle worker want to come here right now?  

Reputation wise BCFC at the moment would appear a 'risk take' for most surely? ....  Is that perhaps one reason that 'post Cotts' we ended up with LJ anyway?, were others unwilling to 'risk it' by coming here and taking on a potential basket case as far as our league position was then? (& is once again now).

If the players are capable and can 'do the biz' why have they not done so, they are surely not so dense as to see that it does none of their professional standing and reputation any good to be part of such a dismally performing team.  They could and should play in a style they choose once on the pitch, disregarding the Managers instructions.

No idea who the new broom could be, but it would be an attractive job for many, an under achieving club, new stadium, rich backer, a real opportunity to make a name for themselves, there would be a risk that it might not happen, but that risk would be inherent in whatever football club the potential Manager went to.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I agree. I also continue to think there is more to this than meets the eye. I reckon SL and MA have already interviewed and selected a candidate (probably Rowett as he would have been a shoe in for the Blackburn role) and he is literally waiting in the wings for the fat lady to finish her encore at AG. 

We lose at Burton and hit the bottom 3. I predict LJ is sacked either the same night or following day and then 9am Monday, Rowett is announced.

Tease...

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Certainly be a neat symmetry in it. First and last jobs in English football overseeing Bristol City relegations! 

Must be getting old, I thought he left before the 1982 relegation, but looks like we were down before TC took over. What I do remember is how hard Roy's team fought, even though they were hopelessly outgunned most of the time. Roy had two seasoned pros - Moller and Harford - and a bunch of inexperienced youngsters. The 0-0 versus Fulham was special, we need those sort of cojones right now. 

2 hours ago, Jurassic said:

So am i correct to assume that all of this information came from Stuart Pearce?

24 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Must be getting old, I thought he left before the 1982 relegation, but looks like we were down before TC took over. What I do remember is how hard Roy's team fought, even though they were hopelessly outgunned most of the time. Roy had two seasoned pros - Moller and Harford - and a bunch of inexperienced youngsters. The 0-0 versus Fulham was special, we need those sort of cojones right now. 

Yep. I think his biggest challenge was just being able to pay 11 players to take the field for us. Never had a chance to show what he could do here.

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I agree. I also continue to think there is more to this than meets the eye. I reckon SL and MA have already interviewed and selected a candidate (probably Rowett as he would have been a shoe in for the Blackburn role) and he is literally waiting in the wings for the fat lady to finish her encore at AG. 

We lose at Burton and hit the bottom 3. I predict LJ is sacked either the same night or following day and then 9am Monday, Rowett is announced.

May not be too far from the truth. 

Some would have you believe that Rowett was sounded out a few weeks ago. 

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

May not be too far from the truth. 

Some would have you believe that Rowett was sounded out a few weeks ago. 

I honestly don't think it's worth sacking him now, the damage was done weeks ago. He's proven he's not up to the task over and over again and we have allowed him and us to suffer the consequences.

I actually feel sorry for him that he hasn't been released way before now because anyone looking at employing him now off the back of these results are going to be quickly moving on to the next cv.

If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down. If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down...Woooaaahhh woooaaahhhooo waahooo wahooooo....

If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down. If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down...Woooaaahhh woooaaahhhooo waahooo wahooooo....

Keep it going!!

Archived