IGNORED

Managerial Candidates

tinman85

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No no no. We want proven experience. Fed up with taking rubbish from the lower leagues. We might as well support Yeovil! Need to start having an ambitious mindset across the club. This just sums up the mentality. We always seem to accept second best. Life is about taking risks occasionally and trying to achieve something. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Oh yes!

He's underling.how much he has to.do.at Exeter and how capable he is.

And he is.

Tisdale for City; we should have appointed him.rather than LJ.

What he's actually underlining is how happy he is at Exeter, what a unique club it is (which it is), how much he enjoys the business side of football over the actual football, and therefore underlining why he has no ambitions or intentions to move to another club (which he has already had the opportunity to do so several times).

It would not be the right appointment for us and even if we did approach him I very much doubt he'd want the job.

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It would not be the right appointment for us and even if we did approach him I very much doubt he'd want the job.

Didn't we try that tack with Steve Coppell...

Anyway, at the risk of appearing a smart arse I said over a month ago that even Tony Mowbray would improve us over LJ as he was previously trying to do the impossible in keeping Coventry afloat.

Of those who are out of work at present Steve Clarke would be my number one choice, but if we are going for someone in a job then Uwe Rosler seems the most logical, though in truth anyone in employment in the top six in League One would do a better job than the hapless individual in the role at present..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Didn't we try that tack with Steve Coppell...

Anyway, at the risk of appearing a smart arse I said over a month that even Tony Mowbray would improve us as he was previously trying to do the impossible in keeping Coventry afloat.

Of those who are out of work at present Steve Clarke would be my number one choice, but if we are going for someone in a job then Uwe Rosler seems the most logical, though in truth anyone in employment in the top six in League One would do a better job than the hapless individual in the role at present..

Number 1 choice for me. 

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I got a bag for life....it split. :P

Made I burst out laughing Fevs. Hubby wondered what the **** I was peeing myself about... :clap:

I just want Rowett. Think Norwich will do us on Tuesday to give Neil breathing space. 

So I'm sacrificing beer to the football Gods in the hope of Gary Rowett :pray:

Are you lot for real?  You want to get rid of a Johnson and replace him with TISDALE? Has any of you spoken to an Exeter supporter in the last couple of years?  Or Rosler, sacked from six jobs in 12 years?  Warburton, whose tenure at Rangers was disastrous?  Is that honestly the best you can do?  At least come up with a decent alternative.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Are you lot for real?  You want to get rid of a Johnson and replace him with TISDALE? Has any of you spoken to an Exeter supporter in the last couple of years?  Or Rosler, sacked from six jobs in 12 years?  Warburton, whose tenure at Rangers was disastrous?  Is that honestly the best you can do?  At least come up with a decent alternative.

Go on then...???

4 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Let's be honest, the list of potential replacements is the most uninspiring is the most uninspiring its been for years, this may be the reason LJ is still here 

I disagree, Rowett is an obvious and potentially attainable candidate with the right credentials and he's been available for a long time now.

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Most managers will have suffered the sack or several sacks over a career.  It's the nature of the job.  Very few clubs will achieve their aims each season, and most resort to sacking as a result.

who do you reckon?  Realistically?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I simply think we'd be better off and have more chance of survival if LJ wasn't here

( I'm not suggesting it for a moment ) but , I genuinely think we'd have more chance of surviving if Wilbs , GON or @Olépicked the team , and formation 

I actually think Wilbs and GON could galvanise the squad.  

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I disagree, Rowett is an obvious and potentially attainable candidate with the right credentials and he's been available for a long time now.

That's the bit that kills me...it's not like there haven't been better alternatives out there for a while: Clarke, Rowett, Adkins, Pardew (worth a call) 

Maybe no-one is interested, which given the support and facilities we now have is concerning if true. ..

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I simply think we'd be better off and have more chance of survival if LJ wasn't here

( I'm not suggesting it for a moment ) but , I genuinely think we'd have more chance of surviving if Wilbs , GON or @Olépicked the team , and formation 

Absolute scenes when Wilbs and GON become an interim duo

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I actually think Wilbs and GON could galvanise the squad.  

Without fully knowing the dressing room politics - I actually think we could do a lot worse

( Think you'd pick the right side too Dave ;) )

Now is the time for simplifying and stripping back to basics and doing them well IMHO

Unfortunately we have someone who epitomises the modern world of CM17 - I've never heard a Pro Manager / Coach speak more akin to a lad explaining / discussing his CM17 season to a mate

Tinker , Tinker , Tinker

Continually attempting to out think the opponents (and normally failing and IMHO beating himself)

Play to our strengths ( If we can identify some ! ) and make sure players know where they are playing and their roles

:grr:

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's the bit that kills me...it's not like there haven't been better alternatives out there for a while: Clarke, Rowett, Adkins, Pardew (worth a call) 

Maybe no-one is interested, which given the support and facilities we now have is concerning if true. ..

Exactly. I'd take any of those names over what we have now. Simply not true to say there aren't any candidates. It's not as though LJ has set the bar particularly high.

Yep 

Convinvced he can be a great Manager / Head Coach and level headed enough to coach / manage at any level IMHO

Anyone judging him at the basket case  that was Valencia is short sighted IMHO 

I'm convinced too, but the man has one life left. He isn't going to spend it here.

One bad managerial stint and he could find himself in a place even sky won't touch. 

He can afford to be picky. He certainly isn't coming to the managerial graveyard that is Ashton Gate. 

Yep 

Convinvced he can be a great Manager / Head Coach and level headed enough to coach / manage at any level IMHO

Anyone judging him at the basket case  that was Valencia is short sighted IMHO 

Hasn't got much managerial experience in England mind. All be it, give him a go,but technically LJ has more Championship experience then Neville. But then again,you could say the same about Mourinho and Guardiola. 

Archived