IGNORED

pathetic babies pretending to be fans

42 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

If SL goes in the pitch, when we are 2-0 down at 1/2 time against Norwich and says anything like:-

"****-you, you fickle bunch"

.... he will actually go UP in my estimation.

He is more likely to sit in his ivory tower, putting his finger up to his lips at any criticism.

SSShhhhhhhhhh! Naughty City fans.

:protest:

tfj  :protest:

40 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

....... or he might be so upset, he chokes on his prawn and light dill-mayo sandwich on soda bread half-time treat.

If he's even there, he wasn't at the Fulham game which prompted his 'negative fans' comment.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am sorry but you are wrong even in the darkest days in and around 1982 there was always heart and fight and the fans knew that, players some were just kids were earning a pittance and having to stop for fish chips on their journey home from away games and sometimes paid for out of Terry Cooper's own pocket.

Terry Cooper put a spirit into the club, players and fans, what has LJ done apart from a gutless lie and then climb down last week?, I think it's you that has the positive memory selection.

Yes it was much better in 1982 when the board were having internal spats all the time and effectively bankrupted the club, much better than having SL as owner.

However I take your point about the fans, but whenever the club is at a low point there is the hard core of 5000 or so who support the club whatever the situation so the spirit can be better in those times. 

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Absolutely a new manager would have time to make a difference. I guarantee that if Warnock had been available, he could've turned this mess around. Most people on here do not want a return to League One and watching matches in a half-empty stadium. There'll be even less of an atmopshere than there is now.

But he isn't available. Who could/would come in and turn this mess around?

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

Good god, the evangelical true believers are out in force tonight, BS paying overtime now?  A surprisingly large percentage of these kinds of posts are coming from those who have an exceedingly short posting history... :yawn:

Supporting BCFC and the current incumbents are different things, can some people really not grasp two concepts at once?

:grr:

Don't tar all posters with a short posting history with the same brush!

The downward spiral of this club is as depressing as it is avoidable. How people can can still defend this omnishambles is beyond me!

#johnsonout

2 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

So the superfans are happy with yet another bloody relegation that could so easily have been avoided? Note the past tense; I think we're down. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows that remaining with a manager on such a run of form almost never brings a turnaround of the sort we need. 

Except SL. 

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

So the superfans are happy with yet another bloody relegation that could so easily have been avoided? Note the past tense; I think we're down. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Some of the lot on here would have clapped the Titanic going down.

New York is a long way and it is the North Atlantic, it did well to get as far as it did.

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows that remaining with a manager on such a run of form almost never brings a turnaround of the sort we need. 

Except SL. 

Albert Einsteins definition of insanity: 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'.

11 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

Its not just us of course its the modern way and its sh**

I hope the chairman keeps his nerve and says **** you fickle bunch.

someone set the bait and you all took it... (by all i mean of course the ones that reacted)

Why does anyone bother getting up tight about a clear wind up?

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

We have been in one most of the season.And it is not a scrap. We are going down with a winner.

It doesn't matter how much you cheer a fat man, he'll never win the 100 metre race. 

There's only so much effect fans can have. We've tried and the sane ones recognise that we have a fat man scenario here. 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Except SL. 

It will be interesting as I don't think it's ever been done before. I remember Alan Dicks about the same age and he made lots of mistakes to start with and the fans wanted him out but Harry Dolman kept faith with him and we went on to the club's best period in modern times. Maybe SL thinks LJ will learn and improve over time.

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

It will be interesting as I don't think it's ever been done before. I remember Alan Dicks about the same age and he made lots of mistakes to start with and the fans wanted him out but Harry Dolman kept faith with him and we went on to the club's best period in modern times. Maybe SL thinks LJ will learn and improve over time.

Thinks or hopes?

SL sees something I cannot see for looking. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation of what LJ has that warrants all of this, beyond soundbites and unsubstantiated waffle. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Yes it was much better in 1982 when the board were having internal spats all the time and effectively bankrupted the club, much better than having SL as owner.

However I take your point about the fans, but whenever the club is at a low point there is the hard core of 5000 or so who support the club whatever the situation so the spirit can be better in those times. 

The club was bankrupt long before 1982 just being kept afloat by selling our best players, making huge cutbacks and eventually the AG 8, my point is that low point was several years in the making not in 5 short months and by a team of total inadequates.

That shaped our club and the fanbase to where we are today and 1986 Freight Rover cup final showed the possibilities of the type of support that was hungry for sucess.

My first game was 1958 this season without a doubt is the most soul destroying in all of my time, 5 months of even barely 2 hours of false dawns it's a ******* circus because our owner couldn't admit that he had ****** up for what the 8th time manager wise in December and bring in somebody to give them an honest shot of keeping us up.

12 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Good on you mate!!Sod the moaners and just get behind the team!!I supported them in the old 4th division and have never stopped supporting them and never will!!!

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It doesn't matter how much you cheer a fat man, he'll never win the 100 metre race. 

There's only so much effect fans can have. We've tried and the sane ones recognise that we have a fat man scenario here. 

Leeds' noisy fans weren't much help when they had Dave Hockaday coaching them; now they've got Gary Monk coaching them, their support is making all the difference!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Doesn't mean we shouldn't carry on supporting the team though.

Thank goodness social media wasn't invented back in the early 80s when City were dropping down the leagues.

The only difference was people just stopped going , they didn't have the chance to say they weren't or why

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

With a head start in a very narrow alley he might ;)

Seriously, if we see a turnaround it'll be the biggest one since Lazarus rose from the dead.

8 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I presume the OP is vehemently against the principle of strike action? If people feel there is no alternative, then that may be required.

Not slithering their tongues up Lansdown's arsehole.

I dont work for bcfc so how on earth can i go on strike? 

Its everyones choice if they go to a football match or not but if they decide not to its not a strike!

Archived