IGNORED

pathetic babies pretending to be fans

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

Its not just us of course its the modern way and its sh**

I hope the chairman keeps his nerve and says **** you fickle bunch.

32 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thats what its like at bcfc right now,a lot of fans stamping their feet like little spoilt kids demanding the club sack the manager.

We are in a relegation scrap but the whole fan mentality is totally wrong for the situation in hand.

Good god, the evangelical true believers are out in force tonight, BS paying overtime now?  A surprisingly large percentage of these kinds of posts are coming from those who have an exceedingly short posting history... :yawn:

Supporting BCFC and the current incumbents are different things, can some people really not grasp two concepts at once?

:grr:

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Good god, the evangelical true believers are out in force tonight, BS paying overtime now?  A surprisingly large percentage of these kinds of posts are coming from those who have an exceedingly short posting history... :yawn:

Supporting BCFC and the current incumbents are different things, can some people really not grasp two concepts at once?

:grr:

I think if you bothered to read other recent posts by the OP you would realise that he is not necessarily suggesting we stick with LJ... Personally my interpretation of his post is that at the moment in his opinion the most important thing for our club is championship survival and that staying at home or booing the owner / manager at every opportunity is not the best way to achieve this goal...

Why have you got to be such a precious **** and attack a short posting history and accuse him of working for BS? I can only assume the goal is to belittle or bully him into either being silent or better still chasing him off of the forum all together a la Spudski... Why can't you accept the concept of an alternative opinion and debate it in a way that this forum was originally intended?

Message and tip to the OP... one sure way to get your post count up is to become in the words of 'freezer' an annoying repetitive twonk!!

50 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I think if you bothered to read other recent posts by the OP you would realise that he is not necessarily suggesting we stick with LJ... Personally my interpretation of his post is that at the moment in his opinion the most important thing for our club is championship survival and that staying at home or booing the owner / manager at every opportunity is not the best way to achieve this goal...

Why have you got to be such a precious **** and attack a short posting history and accuse him of working for BS? I can only assume the goal is to belittle or bully him into either being silent or better still chasing him off of the forum all together a la Spudski... Why can't you accept the concept of an alternative opinion and debate it in a way that this forum was originally intended?

Message and tip to the OP... one sure way to get your post count up is to become in the words of 'freezer' an annoying repetitive twonk!!

I'm sorry but the OP lost me when suggesting the chairman tells us to **** off you fickle bunch whilst calling us babies.

I object to the post for the following:

1. Unnecessary rudeness.

2. I'd be interested if the OP knows who the actual chairman is without googling it. 

3. Family supported since 1894, so no fickleness here

4. The number of pro manager posts coming from those with short posting histories is looking suspicious to say the least given our current position.

5. Anyone that tells someone else how to be a fan is instantly annoying, and therefore worthy of being pulled up on it.

6. I suggest you look up the word debate, the OP was not debating they were purely being obnoxious.

see forums work :whistle:

i look forward to both yours and the OP's considered replies.

PS.  I think you picked the wrong post to defend to be honest.

PPS. Anyone that tells me I'm pretending to be a fan can **** off ;)

23 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I'm all for a healthy debate. You will never see me telling people how to think, yet certain people call me deluded etc for my opinion. They call me out because my opinion differs from their own, because I'm not willing to join their 'out' club.

I respect everyone's opinions even if I don't agree with it, just wish everyone was like that. Attack the post by all means but I don't like to see certain posters attacking posters. Its uncalled for. I can have a debate with someone and then see another post of theirs in another thread and like that post. I don't define a poster by their particular views. I take each post as it comes. 

Putting all that aside tho, right now what we need is unity. The team is bad enough as it is, if the fanbase isn't United then we truly are ******. 

45 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'm sorry but the OP lost me when suggesting the chairman tells us to **** off you fickle bunch whilst calling us babies.

I object to the post for the following:

1. Unnecessary rudeness. - Oh come on toughen up, I read more passion and frustration into the post as opposed to rudeness.

2. I'd be interested if the OP knows who the actual chairman is without googling it. - I'll leave that one for BK then..

3. Family supported since 1894, so no fickleness here - I'm pretty certain he was referring to current posters and not your ancestors.

4. The number of pro manager posts coming from those with short posting histories is looking suspicious to say the least given our current position. - I didn't interpret this post as pro manager

5. Anyone that tells someone else how to be a fan with a different opinion is instantly annoying, and therefore worthy of being pulled up on it. - Fixed that one for you

6. I suggest you look up the word debate, the OP was not debating they were purely being obnoxious - Obnoxious.... pretty ironic that one.

see forums work :whistle:

i look forward to both yours and the OP's considered replies.

@FNQ 

1. The thread title and content of the OP is obviously denigrating fans.  Not a difficult thing to comprehend.

2. It's obvious the OP thinks it's SL I can't see the actual chairman  telling us to **** off.  

3. Err no, there is fickle and there is experience and caring about a club that my family has supported for 5 generations.

4. Maybe not pro manager but towing the BS line of support the team and don't say anything nasty in the ground because you might upset the poor underperforming players, manager and owner.

5. You have read the title of the thread which includes the phrase 'pretending to be fans'?

6. **** off, sure you won't mind that as I'm sure you're tough enough to handle it

;)

3 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

From a person with 27 posts. Assuming you only post on special occasions yeah?

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

@FNQ 

1. The thread title and content of the OP is obviously denigrating fans.  Not a difficult thing to comprehend. - In my honest opinion all I read into the post is frustration at seeing the team he is obviously passionate about spiraling into the abyss.. Bobby Kellard FFS... That's some time ago, sad that I remember him playing (just)... BK is a long term supporter!!

2. It's obvious the OP thinks it's SL I can't see the actual chairman to tell us to **** off.  - Well that's ruined that little test.

3. Err no, there is fickle and there is experience and caring about a club that my family has supported for 5 generations. - Fair enough..

4. Maybe not pro manager but towing the BS line of support the team and don't say anything nasty in the ground because you might upset the poor underperforming players, manager and owner. - I think that all he was / is suggesting that in his mind we need vocal support not a boycott and even worse vocal barracking... Everyone's nerves are on edge already.

5. You have read the title of the thread which includes the phrase 'pretending to be fans' - Again, just a bit of fire in the belly... He wants what we all want.

6. **** off, sure you won't mind that as I'm sure you're tough enough to handle it - Well you had to go and ruin it didn't you... I thought that we were making progress and talking things through nicely up until then :yawn:

5 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Are you related to anyone at our club or from the otherside of town? great username though an old hero of mine

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm all for a healthy debate. You will never see me telling people how to think, yet certain people call me deluded etc for my opinion. They call me out because my opinion differs from their own, because I'm not willing to join their 'out' club.

I respect everyone's opinions even if I don't agree with it, just wish everyone was like that. Attack the post by all means but I don't like to see certain posters attacking posters. Its uncalled for. I can have a debate with someone and then see another post of theirs in another thread and like that post. I don't define a poster by their particular views. I take each post as it comes. 

Putting all that aside tho, right now what we need is unity. The team is bad enough as it is, if the fanbase isn't United then we truly are ******. 

A lot of the fanbase will be United if we're not careful. Or Chelsea... Or Liverpool...

6 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I respect your right to post but who are you to tell other fans what to think?

How can we be fickle? we are in the bottom 3 we've lost 14 of the last 20 games we've won 3 in 26, we've been blamed for the mess on the pitch despite having no say in team selection tactics used, we've been supportive over 90 minutes in 95% of games,

People have had enough and as fans are treated like customers than those customers have the right to withdraw their support to the product,

Respect works two ways, perhaps if we fans were shown some instead of being blamed then it would work in the other direction

Here are the Ultras 

Well 'ard wiv their tops off .

IMG_1554.JPG

Well said BK. 

For those going tonight - get behind the team even if you have no faith in LJ. The players need us more than ever.

Moving away from the profanities.

What do you feel the ambiance amongst support would have been in the seventies, eighties, nineties ...  As passive or something else?

I used the word passive there. My opinion is that the way modern support here is behaving compared to the situation with Russell Osman is passive and meek. 

Well I think the owner has already started treading down that fine line of telling fans to do one. It's never a good idea! 

However I think fans have been very patient and far from fickle. Whatever way you look at it we can't seem to get a win lately and the performances are so erratic no one knows which city side will turn up! 

So I don't think you can say to fans its not right because clearly something needs to change at city.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well said BK. 

For those going tonight - get behind the team even if you have no faith in LJ. The players need us more than ever.

Havent fans done that this season and followed there team in numbers all over.............and what good did it do? WE CANNOT GET ANY WORSE

31 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

A lot of people on here do need to man up! Just accept that Johnson is here until the summer (wrongly) and that he will then be sacked regardless of what league are in! A new manager now wouldn't have time to make a difference-there is no magic wand 

I fear that you are right that Johnson is here until the end of the season whatever the outcome.

However you are wrong to suggest it couldn't be different under another manager. It's not guaranteed to change our fortunes but it has a darn sight more chance than continuing with someone whose upturn in results after a record 8 consecutive league defeats is one scrappy 1-0 home win over the worst team in the league, 4 draws and 3 defeats. In other words 7 points in 8 games, which is still relegation form. Or if you go back further 10 points from a possible 60, when we need at least 12 from a possible 33 to have any realistic chance of staying up.

Even some of the players are now coming out saying that relegation is "unthinkable" for what it would do to the club. Well at least Gary O'Neil did say that in the Bristol Post, but somehow that article from yesterday seems to have disappeared, otherwise I would have added the link. See if you can find it yourself, but it definitely was there. 

If the senior pros get it, why doesn't the owner? I remain baffled...

30 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

A lot of people on here do need to man up! Just accept that Johnson is here until the summer (wrongly) and that he will then be sacked regardless of what league are in! A new manager now wouldn't have time to make a difference-there is no magic wand 

Absolutely a new manager would have time to make a difference. I guarantee that if Warnock had been available, he could've turned this mess around. Most people on here do not want a return to League One and watching matches in a half-empty stadium. There'll be even less of an atmopshere than there is now.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Mate I've agreed with you largely in the past and only truly turned on LJ after Fulham. In your last sentence you say the team are bad enough. This is my main issue because the squad we have should be good enough to Finnish lower midtable  at least. Last time we went down everyone was resigned to the fact we were poor and deserved to go down. Imo that's why we are so angry because it's blatantly obvious it's one man causing this. Please explain why you still have any optimism left because I just can't see it. 

Archived