IGNORED

David Lloyd...

EmersonsRed

He did get a fair brunt chucked at him. Especially when he was going through a very difficult time in his personal life.

I've got a lot of respect for Dave. He refused to be spoken to like a piece of shit and he tolerated the flak for as long as he could. 9 times out of 10, the flak he got wasn't even his fault. Yes we all make mistakes and I'm sure Dave himself would say the same, but he was the middle man between fans and the club and he tried his absolute best.

Can't blame you Dave for leaving when you did. I hope he now enjoys the peace and quiet.

Others are entitled to their opinions but I thought he was a top bloke who did his best in a difficult job.

Long standing forum users will remember him as a regular and popular poster on this forum prior to getting that job with his location being "Stuck at my Desk as Usual" and his insertion of Bristol City references into his TV scripts; there was something like "The Aaron Brown Dance Troupe" mentioned on Doctors.

That people are slating him underlines quite how impossible it is to please everybody in such a job.

Fair enough @Eddie Hitler, but he was being paid to do a job, and surely having taken on the role of SLO would expect to take some flak occasionally. 

The circumstances surrounding his departure from OTIB were very strange. He posted about the "abuse and vitriol" he was receiving on here, but a mod at the time (possibly @phantom?) confirmed they had checked and could find no evidence of any personal abuse. 

At the time it felt like the club stopped him from posting on here for their own reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Fair enough @Eddie Hitler, but he was being paid to do a job, and surely having taken on the role of SLO would expect to take some flak occasionally. 

The circumstances surrounding his departure from OTIB were very strange. He posted about the "abuse and vitriol" he was receiving on here, but a mod at the time (possibly @phantom?) confirmed they had checked and could find no evidence of any personal abuse. 

At the time it felt like the club stopped him from posting on here for their own reasons. 

You could well be right Sir Colby; I have had enough conspiracy for one day!

I wonder if the people slating him weren't on here at the time when he was a regular poster and there were a lot fewer of us so all were noticeable; including, of course, your good self*.  His getting the job would be like, for example, Ole getting it now; one of the forum regulars with whom you mostly agree and are definitely normal fans.

* Apologies for accidentally wrecking your football quiz that time.

28 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Others are entitled to their opinions but I thought he was a top bloke who did his best in a difficult job.

Long standing forum users will remember him as a regular and popular poster on this forum prior to getting that job with his location being "Stuck at my Desk as Usual" and his insertion of Bristol City references into his TV scripts; there was something like "The Aaron Brown Dance Troupe" mentioned on Doctors.

That people are slating him underlines quite how impossible it is to please everybody in such a job.

Nice man Dave. In one of the last homegames in leauge one, we needed one point to be Champions. It was sell out, email to Dave, and then I got two tickets. Never forget. After the game we went to Thre lions, think it was flagday and we had the swedish flag. The game was a draw and everybody was more than happy. Hope I got that kind of feeling back. Avoid relegation.

Archived