IGNORED

Can anyone explain?

Robbored

2nd half showed quite clearly that we have to go for it from the off. Far to conservative at home. Djuric won pretty much everything he went for and Taylor's none stop movement and harrying of the defence caused problems. As a pair I thought they worked really well, quite complimentary of each other.

Start on Sat how we setup for that last 20-30 mins and I reckon we could win it.

22 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I watched the Fulham game

Played two up front that game

Midfield totally over run 

May be thats the reason?

But we weren't playing Fulham tonight, we were playing Norwich, who are sh1te away from home and lost 5:1 away 3 days ago.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So I'm clearly not allowed a view on a club I've followed for over 30 years & that my family have worked for for over 40 years??

Tell you what 'Super fan', go & **** yourself!!!

Stop having a hissy fit 

You're making excuses for him in a game you've not seen 

It doesn't stop you having a view on the Club ( And what's happening on the pitch despite not seeing it )if you want

ha ha ha

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wtf are you whittling about now

Were you there tonight ?

Yep, shit first half but the last 20 minutes I absolutely loved. Could of won that with a bit of luck. 

Apart from the goal we gave away I'm sure the first half was part of the plan. Keep it tight. Stay in the game etc and have a real go at them in the second half.

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Fact- on results he is the worst manager in the club's history

No he isn't.

I think it's now become inevitable that he has to go, but he's far from being the worst manager in our history based on results.

This is one of the most innacurate 'facts' I've seen on here, it can't even be claimed to be opinion.

The reason for one up top is simple.

When Lee is setting up the formation on the magnetic white board in the changing room he puts the goalie on the bottom of the board and works his way up through the defence and midfield.

Unfortunately the strikers are at the top of the board, which he struggles to reach. He can manage to put one forward on the board, if he stands on tip toes, but one is usually all he can manage without risking his achilles or ligaments.

There's your answer.

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

No he isn't.

I think it's now become inevitable that he has to go, but he's far from being the worst manager in our history based on results.

This is one of the most innacurate 'facts' I've seen on here, it can't even be claimed to be opinion.

If he stays long enough he will have the worst managerial record for anyone ever

His win percentage is going down like a blind batsmens batting average

31 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That one being a 37 year old who was being asked to play his 4th game in ten days.

Signed 19 players, 3 worth a start.

1 win in 17 v Rotherham at home.

We are down. LJ is here until the end of the season. Accept that and it all is a little less painful.

My only hope is that he is not here at the start of next. I am not entirely confident of even that.

I would say taxi for Lansdown but whats the point? We're doomed to lower league mediocrity (or worse) with these two in charge

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm too busy sipping champagne because LJ won't be sacked for a few more days. I don't care now if he's sacked or not but the reaction a good result draws from people like you is worth the celebration. 

Champagne

Think you're more Liebfraumilch or meths

you are definitely a WUM 

No one is so clueless in actual life

What will amuse me is when you waste your money watching Rochdale next season 

Im enjoying seeing  you try and find more drivel to post in defence of the Clown

For all your pride in your U11 girls participation you never actually post anything regarding tactics or understanding of the game do you

Just drivel 

Been on the cheap German white all day ?

:laughcont:

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Champagne

you are definitely a WUM 

I honestly think he is, i feel sorry for his parents, they raised a right loser......perhaps he IS from the Johnson family....

Definately a game of two halves.

We were turgid in the first half.

Cotts and Bryan looked off the pace, why? Because Junior played wing backs Saturday & both were flogged to death.

Cotts was struggling. It was crying out for Paterson.

He would've done more than a labouring Tomlin.

Junior's so preoccupied with the opposition that it's affecting everything.

A stirring second half only reinforces my opinion that we have the tools but no one to use them properly.

We got that draw (& it could've been a win) in spite of him not because of him.

He has mentioned it before in interviews and even alluded to it tonight. He want's to stay tight and keep the team in the game, whilst hopefully grabbing a goal - he then feel we have the bench and ability to make changes later in the 2nd half and win fit from's the subs bench. It's a crazy way to plan games, it might (and admittingly has) work on occassion but it can't be your main go to tactic.

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I honestly think he is, i feel sorry for his parents, they raised a right loser......perhaps he IS from the Johnson family....

You insult my parents, insult me and yet I'm the one who's a loser? OK then.

All because I'm not joining the OTIB were going down and we want LJ Out club? 

I'm sure most of the people on these Internet platforms don't attend games because the feeling St Ashton Gate is different than on here.

22 minutes ago, Gazred said:

2nd half showed quite clearly that we have to go for it from the off. Far to conservative at home. Djuric won pretty much everything he went for and Taylor's none stop movement and harrying of the defence caused problems. As a pair I thought they worked really well, quite complimentary of each other.

Start on Sat how we setup for that last 20-30 mins and I reckon we could win it.

That's pretty much how I saw the game.

its just a mystery as why Junior didn't see it after the first dreary 10mins......

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Champagne

you are definitely a WUM 

Are Rochdale getting promoted?

Anyways last time I ever quote you as you clearly are unable to debate in a adult way. You are trying to be a Internet bully. End of

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You insult my parents, insult me and yet I'm the one who's a loser? OK then.

All because I'm not joining the OTIB were going down and we want LJ Out club? 

I'm sure most of the people on these Internet platforms don't attend games because the feeling St Ashton Gate is different than on here.

I didn't insult your parents, calm down!

It was more an insult to the Johnson clan than your own.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That's pretty much how I saw the game.

its just a mystery as why Junior didn't see it after the first dreary 10mins......

I think there is a massive lack of confidence right through the club. Worrying to much about the opposition because of fearing another defeat. Defensive mentality, in some ways understandable but self inflicted none the less.

Opinion of him might swing a mm the other way if he grew a pair for Sat and just went for it.

9 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

LJ can't win no matter what he does, people complain that he changes the team too much, he makes no changes - people moan, he makes limited changes - people moan!!

Players have been struggling with injuries, so players will need to be replaced or are unable to start because of fitness issues. No one knows what goes on at training or who's picked up what injuries or knocks but if all else fails, it's LJ's fault.

And that is because he doesn't know what he is doing. There has been no method ,clarity or consistency all season. And I would have said the bloke who picks the team and tactics bears the responsibility. But maybe I am just old fashioned.

9 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Djuric should have started up front regardless. Wilbs showed that he Cannot play 3 games in a week!

that said we would have won if Vyner hadn't had dropped a bo**ock for their goal. 

I think you'll find it was the 'untouchable' Flint to blame for their goal as he got turned inside by a RIGHT FOOTED player fair too easy - schoolboy stuff there from a limited CB who should now be out the team. 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why Junior started with one up top?

When we saw the team we all groaned with stunned looks at each other.  Wtf?

The first half was shockingly poor and only improved when Taylor was joined by Duric. Then we looked like a team.

Essentially he wasted two substitutions.......:facepalm:

He did it because he started with two up top against Fulham and we were played off the park.  Surely you were there and saw it?  We had Gary O'Neill out, and he decided to put five in midfield, starting out 4-1-4-1.  The object was to contain Norwich to half time, and then use the subs to gain an advantage in the second half.  Unfortunately the plan was derailed by a mistake from young Zak Vyner, but otherwise seemed to work pretty well to me.  Once again it was only our failure to take clear chances that cost us the match last night. 

The notion that he wasted two substitutions is ridiculous.  It makes no sense at all.  If he had started 4-4-2 and we had been taken apart in midfield as we were against Fulham, what would he have done?  If you start with an attacking intention and then get caught out, where do you go?  Three up front?  Four up front?  Whatever you do, it ain't going to be easy to come back from being behind.  Last night, however, we had options and he took them by making the right substitutions.  I thought Djuric looked awesome against a tiring defence last night, but I suspect he wouldn't have been nearly so effective if he'd started.

That's an interesting theory DP. Me and the those around me obviously don't have the footballing insight that you have.

We were all saying that he should have started with Taylor along side Wilbs or preferably Duric to create more problems for the opposition defence - which is exactly what happened when they paired up in the second 45.

Citys midfield with Smith and Reid was too weak and replacing Reid was a smart move, I'll give Junior that even if it wasnt because Reid was so lightweight but a tactical substitution.

With Norwich coming off a thrashing on Saturday an early goal for City would have reduced their confidence even more but hey ho what do I know?   :dunno:

10 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Yep, shit first half but the last 20 minutes I absolutely loved. Could of won that with a bit of luck. 

Apart from the goal we gave away I'm sure the first half was part of the plan. Keep it tight. Stay in the game etc and have a real go at them in the second half.

But we didn't "keep it tight", Norwich should have been 4 or 5-1 up at half time. Luckily for us they were wasteful and we were still in the game. If hoping the opposition miss great chances is part of the "plan" then he needs to come up with a better one!!!

Archived