IGNORED

Interesting Reading...

sportingmad0209

Regarding making players feel good about themselves and confident, I've noticed a couple of stark differences in interviews between our manager Grayson, and Johnson.

Every time we have a transfer window or we're coming up to a deadline day, Grayson, when asked about if he wants to do deals, will consistently window after window say something along the lines of, if something comes available that will improve us then we'll do it, but we're already very happy with the group of players we've already got who've done very well for us up to now. Whether he means that or not (I genuinely think he does), it puts faith and confidence into the players already here and helps foster the great team spirit we have.

On the other hand you have Lee Johnson, who after we won at Ashton Gate in December, kept saying in his post-match interview regarding transfers, enough is enough, we need a couple, we need a couple, we need a couple! Recruitment is important, but there are other ways of improving the team and results. Tactics, improving players on the training ground, etc etc. I'm fascinated at what's happened to Bristol City this season and I think one reason for your downfall is that your manager is obsessed with signing more players, to the detriment of the togetherness of the dressing room.

Best of luck today by the way, you are going to need it. We went to Wigan a few weeks ago and they turned it into a right scrap.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Regarding making players feel good about themselves and confident, I've noticed a couple of stark differences in interviews between our manager Grayson, and Johnson.

Every time we have a transfer window or we're coming up to a deadline day, Grayson, when asked about if he wants to do deals, will consistently window after window say something along the lines of, if something comes available that will improve us then we'll do it, but we're already very happy with the group of players we've already got who've done very well for us up to now. Whether he means that or not (I genuinely think he does), it puts faith and confidence into the players already here and helps foster the great team spirit we have.

On the other hand you have Lee Johnson, who after we won at Ashton Gate in December, kept saying in his post-match interview regarding transfers, enough is enough, we need a couple, we need a couple, we need a couple! Recruitment is important, but there are other ways of improving the team and results. Tactics, improving players on the training ground, etc etc. I'm fascinated at what's happened to Bristol City this season and I think one reason for your downfall is that your manager is obsessed with signing more players, to the detriment of the togetherness of the dressing room.

Best of luck today by the way, you are going to need it. We went to Wigan a few weeks ago and they turned it into a right scrap.

Grayson....decent manager.

Johnson....****wit.

Archived