IGNORED

Interesting Reading...

sportingmad0209

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

And if your electrician mate had shorted your fuse box and caused an electrical fire in your kitchen, you might look for another electrician. 

Luckily enough, Jamie MacAllister is a fully qualified electrician as it goes. So no trouble there. 

17 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I think it's a parent but it's not definitely.

I do too. Pretty close to the club as well. Yes he's miffed but some of it, as you have kind of said has some truth ringing around it. 

I wouldn't dismiss anything other than the Wes stuff in that regard. Bet they'll be a drink in that house if we go down and fleet wood go up. That is for sure

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The salary sheet and the story behind it is true, unbelievably.

WOW! 

My first impression would have been, unequivocally, that this story was absolute nonsense.

Having received subsequently PMs from trusted and well-informed sources and noted the 'likes' from similarly credible posters, it seems that this may, indeed, be true.

WOW!

9 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

I don't like the idea of daddy Gary getting involved the sooner Steve wakes up and gets Lee out of the club the better.

Unpopular opinion around here. Cant stand Gary, never have. He was the main cause of our downfall from the playoff final until last relegation.

Like LJ, he signed loads of players 'clubs in the bag' who were amongst tje worst to play for the club and we couldnt shift them on. Added to the fact the football was horrendous and I do appreciate he got us 1 game from the PL, but it was bad.

1 minute ago, BA14 RED said:

Unpopular opinion around here. Cant stand Gary, never have. He was the main cause of our downfall from the playoff final until last relegation.

Like LJ, he signed loads of players 'clubs in the bag' who were amongst tje worst to play for the club and we couldnt shift them on. Added to the fact the football was horrendous and I do appreciate he got us 1 game from the PL, but it was bad.

Can't think SL agrees though or perhaps he might of thought more about Lee

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Stop talking sense and go on holiday!

:clapping:60 mile ride through the mountains today. 2 coffees and lunch for €4. 

Busy relaxing with a beer now. 

25C today. Didn't see a cloud.  I heard a rumour there was one in the next valley but I don't believe it. 

Will make sure I'm up in time to relax tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

:clapping:60 mile ride through the mountains today. 2 coffees and lunch for €4. 

Busy relaxing with a beer now. 

25C today. Didn't see a cloud.  I heard a rumour there was one in the next valley but I don't believe it. 

Will make sure I'm up in time to relax tomorrow. 

Hate you more than Johnson right now.....

50 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So if that happened over your thread, why has the same not happened here? Must be because there is no truth in it then...

Where have you got that from? Legal action on libel can only be taken if the said statement is false. You can't take legal action on truth, but said person would have to prove it's true.

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It happens. FWIW I think he's right about Engvall. I think people are over estimating the quality of Swedish football.

One of our Swedish friends - very vocal on a Friday night - intimated that local 'experts' were astounded at GE's 'hugely inflated' transfer fee (a large proportion of which went to an agent!) and suggested that his international appearances were due largely to the different close seasons between normal European and Scandinavian leagues, i.e. better players were unavailable.   

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One of our Swedish friends - very vocal on a Friday night - intimated that local 'experts' were astounded at GE's 'hugely inflated' transfer fee (a large proportion of which went to an agent!) and suggested that his international appearances were due largely to the different close seasons between normal European and Scandinavian leagues, i.e. better players were unavailable.   

Yup that's true

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I quite believe most of the OP, I watched 2 minutes of Mr Ego Mark Ashton's interview about the reason that JP left the club and it was like hearing a 3rd rate politician on newsnight giving the how not answer a question seminar I did not hear one plausible reason and abandoned the interview 2 minutes in.

The club is a complete and utter joke and a sad joke at that, it is run by ego's and is dying a slow lingering death.

Nothing shocks me with this circus, nothing.

Agreed, although, unfortunately, I watched and listened to the entire interview.

Nauseating, and I felt extremely sorry for AB, who looked extremely embarrassed, almost as if he wanted to call out MA for his obvious BS.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Agreed, although, unfortunately, I watched and listened to the entire interview.

Nauseating, and I felt extremely sorry for AB, who looked extremely embarrassed, almost as if he wanted to call out MA for his obvious BS.

I made the same mistake. 

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What interests me on that alleged ' leak ' more than wages, is the (Projected) appearances column

We know that there has definitely been pre season discussions about who was likely to make what number of appearances (e.g. Hordur) which I've never heard of at a club before , certainly not discussed in the media

So that suggests to me if it's a fake - it's a clever / well thought out one

If authentic 

The (Projected) appearance column is a worry and would raise even more concerns about LJ

ROD as nailed on first choice (46) That went well

Derrick Williams (40) SOLD

Pack (40)

Tomlin (30 ?????)

Wes (20) ?

what about Garrita (Projected 10 appearances :blink::laughcont:)

They either suggest that LJ changes his views massively and had IMHO some strange opinions

or

* Its a fake

* This is not LJs document / projections (Might be based on discussions but seems to me to be a financial planning document more than anything .................   MAs document anyone ? :whistle: )

An alternative with the appearances number could be that those figures would activate a clause (bonus, pay rise, extra year, etc).

I.e If Magnusson was on 8k a week, making 40 league appearances in one season would give him a pay rise to 10k per week.

Or Tomlin would get a one off 20k bonus if he played 30 league games.

Dont believe that sheet is correct, but IF it was and the 'leaker' had heard those numbers were linked with appearances but didn't know how exactly, then projected appearances isn't that hard of a conclusion to reach.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

An alternative with the appearances number could be that those figures would activate a clause (bonus, pay rise, extra year, etc).

I.e If Magnusson was on 8k a week, making 40 league appearances in one season would give him a pay rise to 10k per week.

Or Tomlin would get a one off 20k bonus if he played 30 league games.

Dont believe that sheet is correct, but IF it was and the 'leaker' had heard those numbers were linked with appearances but didn't know how exactly, then projected appearances isn't that hard of a conclusion to reach.

That's Reasonable suggestions

The problem I see with that is ROD would need to be ever present !!  (Havnt looked back to see if anyone else down for 46 appearances)

I have no direct evidence either way but I have a hunch that the document isn't fake , but I guess we will never know

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know you Robin1988 and your 'track record' is pretty decent, as is mine. You are wrong on this occasion though and one should never make promises they cannot keep...

A simple 'no, it wasn't me' from Mr B may clear this up for once and all. We'll be waiting a while, I fancy.

I don't know your track record, but that's nothing against it. All I'll say is that my sources have always been very well placed within the club. That's not to say they're perfect. Wes Burns himself is a third-hand source in saying the OP is bollocks, though.

7 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I don't know your track record, but that's nothing against it. All I'll say is that my sources have always been very well placed within the club. That's not to say they're perfect. Wes Burns himself is a third-hand source in saying the OP is bollocks, though.

Well 'ark at ee. You obviously missed my post on Monday re: Pembo then?

If you're relying on a third-hand source then no wonder you're incorrect about this. Maybe stick to confirming the stuff your VERY well placed sources tell you?

Cheers

Archived