IGNORED

Interesting Reading...

sportingmad0209

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are people seriously suggesting that someone went to the trouble of fabricating all of that in an attempt to imitate Wes Burns' Dad?

Hilarious.

The Lansdown's must feel blessed to have such a stupid fan base supporting their club.

In fairness Kid , we've had our fair share of WUM's and shitstirrers to believe that anything is possible.

Nice insult on the fanbase though .

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It happens. FWIW I think he's right about Engvall. I think people are over estimating the quality of Swedish football.

Maybe but you can't say that one of the top thirty or forty players in an old established footballing nation ,that Sweden is , are not considered to be good enough to merit the name ' professional footballer ' at a struggling Championship side .

4 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just been on the phone this morning to Southampton FC. Could not be more professional and helpful, total contrast to dealing with AG where the phone just rings and don't reply to emails.:clap:

Negotiating terms for a fan transfer? Make sure they don't leave details of the terms in be public domain mind, Dave!

40 minutes ago, !james said:

"Wes became a hero up there"

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

What's funny about that? :dunno:

Wes went on loan to Fleetwood on 16th Feb. and went on to become their joint 2nd top scorer, in doing so playing a big part in helping them to avoid relegation.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Holy crap, how has it come to this, it's starting to feel like the end of 'The Wizard of Oz'.  

Whatever the truth is I think the scales are finally falling from people's eyes and maybe much needed change will come one way or another.  About time too.

Would still like a statement from the Board, I take it they can't take a vote of no confidence against the owner?

More like Clark Gable's last line in Gone with the Wind. :tumbleweed::whistle2:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Maybe but you can't say that one of the top thirty or forty players in an old established footballing nation ,that Sweden is , are not considered to be good enough to merit the name ' professional footballer ' at a struggling Championship side .

The Championship is a much higher standard, and completely different type of game to the Swedish top flight. Much faster paced.

Whether Sweden is an old established footballing nation is completely irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

People are getting too caught up by the 'competition winner' remark. 

Didn't Craig Bellamy/Gerrard (honestly not a clue which one) write in his book all the Liverpool players felt that way about Charlie Adam when he turned up for training.

Quickly realised he wasn't up to standard and couldn't believe he was in the same side as them.

The irony being that whenever he's played this season he's looked a damn sight better than a lot of our 'non competition winners'. Maybe they should look closer to home....

How anyone can read the OP as anything beyond a very bitter parent with a grudge against the Johnson's is beyond me. Parts I'm sure are true (bit about SC) but the majority of it just comes across as very biased and the view of a parent with a grudge towards someone that didn't rate his son and is using an opportune moment to gain traction amongst those who are opposed to LJ being manager.

17 hours ago, Woodsy said:

If Plod says he'd sign it, who are we to argue? I don't investigate stuff for a living. Seems legit to me

This just made me laugh.

If I recall correctly, you, Fordy/Plod and a few others all know each other from years ago, and I just love the way you all continue to take the proverbial out of each other - somewhere in Wiltshire, if I remember correctly, which probably explains it.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This just made me laugh.

If I recall correctly, you, Fordy/Plod and a few others all know each other from years ago, and I just love the way you all continue to take the proverbial out of each other - somewhere in Wiltshire, if I remember correctly, which probably explains it.

Close......

Cam&Dursley.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I posted them on here and the club asked for them to be removed

As a matter of interest and forgive my ignorance but who controls Otib, essentially does the club have influence over the server storage etc or is it completely independent? I honestly don't know 

4 minutes ago, B block said:

As a matter of interest and forgive my ignorance but who controls Otib, essentially does the club have influence over the server storage etc or is it completely independent? I honestly don't know 

Threatened with legal action I believe

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This just made me laugh.

I've known Fordy for years, but I take exception to the Wiltshire statement!! We are very much Gloucestershire boys. @TETBURY MASSIVE is much closer to the border than we have ever been or will be......

• Admin

To give a little insight into our position....

As it stands we have had no contact from the club or the original composer to have the thread taken down. We have discussed taking the thread down ourselves but felt that with the same pictures already being shared hundreds of times on Twitter and Facebook that all it would achieve would be to add credence to the comments where none was intended. (Like when we originally took down the "wages" document).

At present it remains a discussion piece and many question whether it is genuine anyway. Without someone coming forward and claiming ownership of the original I think it lacks a little gravitas. 

But that's not to say we won't take action at some point in the future should we need to or be asked to. 

38 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

How anyone can read the OP as anything beyond a very bitter parent with a grudge against the Johnson's is beyond me. Parts I'm sure are true (bit about SC) but the majority of it just comes across as very biased and the view of a parent with a grudge towards someone that didn't rate his son and is using an opportune moment to gain traction amongst those who are opposed to LJ being manager.

Pretty much like many posters on this forum. 

Many didn't want LJ when he was appointed, wouldn't give him credit for keeping us up ( reading on here recently that was obviously down to Pemberton ). They were besides themselves with the good start to the season. I mean how can you let all that anger at someone out if we're doing well! 

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't deserve the time he's being given to turn it round, it looks like a lost cause. But some of the rubbish being spouted on here is mental. My favourite being GJ having some sort of influence his team selection. 

Personally see it as LJ has managed to convince SL that he'll keep us up and with another transfer window, we'll see some improvement. I can't see it but SL has obviously bought it. 

Archived