IGNORED

Am I genuinely in a minority that doesn't hold a personal resentment towards LJ?

JHAGa

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have no problem whatsoever with LJ, personally. 

He's a likeable, decent kind of bloke. I really wish he could have continued to build on the second half of last season, but he does appear out of his depth now and unable to rectify it all. 

IF he does get the chance and does turn it around, then I'll be pleased, but I think it's all gone on too long for him to claw it back. 

That doesn't make him anything other than a manager who should part company with the club. I've no issue with him other than that. 

Sorry not read everyone's posts, but my view is that up until the last week or so, I hoped he'd turn it around, and he could put it down to finally learning from his mistakes.

My view has changed, and I think he's a nasty little shit (kinda always thought there was something about him that didn't quite add up), and if he does get the time to turn it around (looks likely that he's here for good) I will find it very difficult to give him any credit.

Very immature of me I know, but sometimes you cannot forgive.

I posted before that I actually like Junior. He conducts interviews well and is open at honest and although I was seriously disappointed when he was appointed I soon warmed to him and was optimistic that he'd do well

But...that was then and this now and since the Flum game (where I yearly lost it) I've become increasingly dissolutioned with his managerial nouse.

Hes become like his dad with defensive and unimaginative team selections, unadventurous, safely first play.

Now, I go to AG to be entertained and like everyone else I pay good money but the last few games have been a case of deja vue and I'm concerned that we are in for a very turgid time with the Johnson in charge.

i was told last night from a very reliable source that Junior is on the phone to his dad several times a day......ffs......:facepalm:

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

I completely understand frustration for what's happened this season but I still like Lee and don't understand the need for personal abuse which is rife on here and social media. He's been unlucky at times but is, of course, deserving of criticism for where we currently find ourselves.

I also understand frustrations at what happened with Pemberton and I particularly am annoyed with the statement the club put out that showed him no respect, but ultimately LJ should be able to decide his own coaching set-up. It's the board that wanted to part ways with Pemberton earlier than planned, it's the board that have stuck with Lee, it's the board that have made it difficult for numerous managers over the years. Yes, people can ask why are they showing so much loyalty to Lee, especially when compared to other managers like Cotts, but that's the board's fault not LJ. All my grievances over this season are with the board.

I followed Lee as a manager at Oldham/Barnsley. I think at Oldham particularly he did a very good job with limited resources. I understand why we went for him with his links to the club, although I, like many, knew it'd be a gamble at the time. I understand why SL wants to stick with him and try and break the pattern of bringing in a new manager every year. Again, I'm frustrated he didn't do the same with Cotts who genuinely deserved backing but I do get what he's trying to do. Maybe it's romanticism due to his surname but on paper, he's a young highly-rated coach who knows and admires the club and buys into what SL and the board want (in sense, a yes man, I don't think it's amiss to state that).

It's been a terrible 4 months but he came in and did a good job before that. He cares about the club and hasn't deliberately got us in this position, he's lost his best player at the end of August without a replacement, he/the team have genuinely been unlucky in numerous games with ref decisions and when it comes to LJ, players failing to take clear-cut chances or giving away unnecessary penalties. His inexperience over the course of recent months has definitely been evident and nobody could argue if he had been sacked but he's clearly the board's man and they have made a massive gamble in remaining loyal to him. If he's out of his depth, the board are to blame for not getting rid, Lee isn't not trying and has good intentions. I'd love nothing more than us to stay up after the next ten games and for him to lead us to a successful season next year.

Thanks Gary

40 minutes ago, ontariored said:

I don't hold a personal resentment towards Lee himself. I am extremely disappointed of the lack of support and action from SL, MA and the board towards him. Lee needs a mentor; not his dad or those with pretend footie experience in MA or SL. The mentor that Lee needed was someone who has seen this before; a Joe Jordan, Harry, someone of that stature who can get the team gelled and motivated as well as laying the law down while gaining respect. 

The lack of action and support has poisoned the situation. Everyone can see that LJ is struggling, even since Xmas, but now its almost too late. We can see that indicators are showing that Blackburn, Wolves, Burton and even Wigan may be turning their fortunes around by making changes. BCFC, we are doing the same old every week and every game. 

Because of this decaying situation, SL has lost all credibility with me and MA, after his interview is nothing but a spoilt puppet!

Now, according to MA, it lies with the fans to create unity. OP, do you see where this is going?

But LJ has been supported, with signing after signing to the point where we now have a midfield heavy, bloated squad. Isn't it possible that had he gone to the board and asked for a mentor they would have given him what he wanted in that capacity too, considering they've been willing to part with £15m+ on players for him? 

As the season's gone on with the constant tactic tinkering and dropping players in and out of the squad, each new addition to the playing squad has screamed desperation that something will click and he'll stumble on some magic formula. That isn't what management is about, you make the best of what you have available. He promised exciting football, he's been touted as some up and coming genius manager and one for the future - where's the evidence? I'd expect at the very least to see some signs of it, learning from past mistakes being the biggest. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Anagram of "ginger"; probably wouldn't pass the swear filter here.

I will tell my niece she was in Dambusters she's Ginger,but obviously did not get run over, or of course the more famous one flew with biggles  and Algy 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Politically awkward in the modern world)

'N*******r'

how can it be awkward when that was what he was called ? its just like we are saying things now that will be banned in 40 years time. bollocks

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

how can it be awkward when that was what he was called ? its just like we are saying things now that will be banned in 40 years time. bollocks

All im saying is that it is in the modern world , and it is

Imagine calling your dog this then going around shouting your dogs name in public

What do you reckon would happen

Im not getting into whether that's right , wrong or whatever - I'm merely pointing out it is ,whether people like it or not

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

I completely understand frustration for what's happened this season but I still like Lee and don't understand the need for personal abuse which is rife on here and social media. He's been unlucky at times but is, of course, deserving of criticism for where we currently find ourselves.

I also understand frustrations at what happened with Pemberton and I particularly am annoyed with the statement the club put out that showed him no respect, but ultimately LJ should be able to decide his own coaching set-up. It's the board that wanted to part ways with Pemberton earlier than planned, it's the board that have stuck with Lee, it's the board that have made it difficult for numerous managers over the years. Yes, people can ask why are they showing so much loyalty to Lee, especially when compared to other managers like Cotts, but that's the board's fault not LJ. All my grievances over this season are with the board.

I followed Lee as a manager at Oldham/Barnsley. I think at Oldham particularly he did a very good job with limited resources. I understand why we went for him with his links to the club, although I, like many, knew it'd be a gamble at the time. I understand why SL wants to stick with him and try and break the pattern of bringing in a new manager every year. Again, I'm frustrated he didn't do the same with Cotts who genuinely deserved backing but I do get what he's trying to do. Maybe it's romanticism due to his surname but on paper, he's a young highly-rated coach who knows and admires the club and buys into what SL and the board want (in sense, a yes man, I don't think it's amiss to state that).

It's been a terrible 4 months but he came in and did a good job before that. He cares about the club and hasn't deliberately got us in this position, he's lost his best player at the end of August without a replacement, he/the team have genuinely been unlucky in numerous games with ref decisions and when it comes to LJ, players failing to take clear-cut chances or giving away unnecessary penalties. His inexperience over the course of recent months has definitely been evident and nobody could argue if he had been sacked but he's clearly the board's man and they have made a massive gamble in remaining loyal to him. If he's out of his depth, the board are to blame for not getting rid, Lee isn't not trying and has good intentions. I'd love nothing more than us to stay up after the next ten games and for him to lead us to a successful season next year.

Agree that personal abuse is not right but **** me "lost his best player in August" what about the England under 19 striker from Chelsea is that not a good enough replacement?

What about the 19 Johnson signings of whom only 3 were good enough to start against Norwich.

At this rate it will take Johnson 7 transfer windows to mould a team by which time we will be in the Tool Station.

"Cares about the club" Really? What evidence is there of that. Cares about his salary will grant you that.

"Unlucky in numerous games" phew what about the luck received in numerous games, over 46 games luck will even itself out.

Johnson is an awful manager, simple as that.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All im saying is that it is in the modern world , and it is

Imagine calling your dog this then going around shouting your dogs name in public

What do you reckon would happen

Im

not getting into whether that's right , wrong - I'm merely pointing out it is ,whether people like it or not

did suggest many years ago to my parents to call the cat cooking fat, didn't happen they called it davey. it was a her?

9 minutes ago, reddoh said:

did suggest many years ago to my parents to call the cat cooking fat, didn't happen they called it davey. it was a her?

I had a Goldfish called 'Didsbury by-election ' for some reason.  My only excuse is that I was at Uni at the time...

18 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Agree that personal abuse is not right but **** me "lost his best player in August" what about the England under 19 striker from Chelsea is that not a good enough replacement?

What about the 19 Johnson signings of whom only 3 were good enough to start against Norwich.

At this rate it will take Johnson 7 transfer windows to mould a team by which time we will be in the Tool Station.

"Cares about the club" Really? What evidence is there of that. Cares about his salary will grant you that.

"Unlucky in numerous games" phew what about the luck received in numerous games, over 46 games luck will even itself out.

I've not claimed that LJ has done a good job, I stated nobody would have been surprised if he had been sacked. My point was that I don't dislike him like a lot of people seem to - the point my post is making is the title of the thread. I'm happy to have been reassured that many share similar sentiments to me.

One thing I will remain adamant in my beliefs for, is that losing Kodjia impacted us massively. Tammy is a completely different type of player and we were using both of them together at the start of the season, he wasn't a replacement. Kodjia was a massive loss to the team regardless of the price tag, especially when we didn't have a replacement although we were making panic bids for players on deadline day to try and rectify it. The board made a mistake in selling him so late, other clubs weren't so naive.

12 minutes ago, reddoh said:

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I had a Goldfish called 'Didsbury by-election ' for some reason.  My only excuse is that I was at Uni at the time...

Sublime or rediculous?  Both?  Made me laugh.....thanks :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sublime or rediculous?  Both?  Made me laugh.....thanks :thumbsup:

some times something from left wing will make you laugh , just remember if you can make somebody laugh you have brightened somebodies day

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I've not claimed that LJ has done a good job, I stated nobody would have been surprised if he had been sacked. My point was that I don't dislike him like a lot of people seem to - the point my post is making is the title of the thread. I'm happy to have been reassured that many share similar sentiments to me.

One thing I will remain adamant in my beliefs for, is that losing Kodjia impacted us massively. Tammy is a completely different type of player and we were using both of them together at the start of the season, he wasn't a replacement. Kodjia was a massive loss to the team regardless of the price tag, especially when we didn't have a replacement although we were making panic bids for players on deadline day to try and rectify it. The board made a mistake in selling him so late, other clubs weren't so naive.

I get what you're saying.

Despite my drama-queen rants over the past 48 hours I don't hate him.  I don't hate anyone (don't think I do anyway).  There are several people I wouldn't work for out of choice, there's plenty I wouldn't be bothered about, but I can't hate a bloke I don't know.  I wear my heart of my sleeve.

My view is an external view.  Never profess to be ITK, but I can spot when things ain't right....and all is not well.  The contradictions and inconsistencies coming out of the club at present is embarrassing.

I'd much rather have a beer with Cotts than Johnson.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I get what you're saying.

Despite my drama-queen rants over the past 48 hours I don't hate him.  I don't hate anyone (don't think I do anyway).  There are several people I wouldn't work for out of choice, there's plenty I wouldn't be bothered about, but I can't hate a bloke I don't know.  I wear my heart of my sleeve.

My view is an external view.  Never profess to be ITK, but I can spot when things ain't right....and all is not well.  The contradictions and inconsistencies coming out of the club at present is embarrassing.

have a beer with both yours is the third round leave before then

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cotts is the kinda guy who would drink with you til you both pass out, end up in a strip club, get a kebab and then be sick with you in the taxi home.

LJ would be drinking OJ all night and calling a taxi at 9PM reminding us we have work at 6AM.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Cotts is the kinda guy who would drink with you til you both pass out, end up in a strip club, get a kebab and then be sick with you in the taxi home.

LJ would be drinking OJ all night and calling a taxi at 9PM reminding us we have work at 6AM.

I reckon LJ would do a runner too :P

58 minutes ago, NickJ said:

LJ put out a League 1 team against Norwich, and in the first half there was little or no football, just lumping it towards Wilbraham and hoping Reid (who had been really poor on Saturday) or Smith would pick up on the knock downs. It would have been dire at League 1 level. Why set up so badly with that particular team? What happened to all our "better players" brought in during the last 2 transfer windows?

LJ finally brings on Taylor at half time, and Djuric after another 15 minutes. Only then with 2 strikers on the pitch who bring different qualities did we really have any attacking threat. Why wait so long? Why didn't we start with 2 upfront when we need to win?

We will go down with LJ as I can't see him turning this around given his team choices, tactics etc. And as for consulting his dad for advice, it beggars belief that he wouldn't. The question is the degree of that influence. SL has been quoted in the past as saying that in retrospect he regretted getting rid of GJ when he did. Remember that mutual consent press conference. Not the way things are usually done. So was appointing LJ and then not sacking him, a way of assuaging SL's conscience as regards the Johnsons & in part hoping that LJ would actually just be a functionary for reintroducing GJ's influence?

A large part of me does not want to believe this but some of the goings-on at Ashton Gate have been so inexplicable that even the wilder conspiracy theories seem less and less way out.

Sad times indeed for the club and us as supporters.

Asmost others have said. I am sure he is a lovely chap. He is just not the right manager for City; said when he was announced and been saying it ever since. If he keeps us up it will still be the same and I see and feel that is the same view as the vast majority now so Steve Lansdown is on a hiding to nothing at least for another year because nobody is for turning and will not be unless the guy takes us to the Premiership and I am already seeing a pig fly across my line of vision.

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

LJ put out a League 1 team against Norwich, and in the first half there was little or no football, just lumping it towards Wilbraham and hoping Reid (who had been really poor on Saturday) or Smith would pick up on the knock downs. It would have been dire at League 1 level. Why set up so badly with that particular team? What happened to all our "better players" brought in during the last 2 transfer windows?

LJ finally brings on Taylor at half time, and Djuric after another 15 minutes. Only then with 2 strikers on the pitch who bring different qualities did we really have any attacking threat. Why wait so long? Why didn't we start with 2 upfront when we need to win?

We will go down with LJ as I can't see him turning this around given his team choices, tactics etc. And as for consulting his dad for advice, it beggars belief that he wouldn't. The question is the degree of that influence. SL has been quoted in the past as saying that in retrospect he regretted getting rid of GJ when he did. Remember that mutual consent press conference. Not the way things are usually done. So was appointing LJ and then not sacking him, a way of assuaging SL's conscience as regards the Johnsons & in part hoping that LJ would actually just be a functionary for reintroducing GJ's influence?

A large part of me does not want to believe this but some of the goings-on at Ashton Gate have been so inexplicable that even the wilder conspiracy theories seem less and less way out.

Sad times indeed for the club and us as supporters.

People have often called for LJ to bring someone in to work alongside him who has been there and done it. I can sorta see the logic in that but then I remember who his dad is who I am sure is available to LJ 24 hours a day just like any parent is to their children.

Archived