IGNORED

Fed up...

citywest30

Of all the new threads that moan about LJ. Now also getting fed up of all the new positive threads.

I know this is a forum for people to air their views but it really is getting so repetitive at the minute. Wish there were more posts about the actual football. 

LJ it seems is going nowhere and whether you agree with that or not, that's what the powers that be have decided and it doesn't matter how much moaning goes on or how many posts about ideas for protests or how crap the board, MA, LJ are it's not going to change so we should just concentrate on the matter in hand - playing football matches and staying up. 

Big game today and if we can get a win and a few other results go our way things could look a lot better come 5 o'clock tonight. COYR.

27 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Of all the new threads that moan about LJ. Now also getting fed up of all the new positive threads.

I know this is a forum for people to air their views but it really is getting so repetitive at the minute. Wish there were more posts about the actual football. 

LJ it seems is going nowhere and whether you agree with that or not, that's what the powers that be have decided and it doesn't matter how much moaning goes on or how many posts about ideas for protests or how crap the board, MA, LJ are it's not going to change so we should just concentrate on the matter in hand - playing football matches and staying up. 

Big game today and if we can get a win and a few other results go our way things could look a lot better come 5 o'clock tonight. COYR.

Couldn't agree more. Up the City! 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course we're frustrated, pissed off and moaning. City are struggling in the DZ  despite having a decent squad  but with a manager who hasnt got the skills to turn them into a winning team.

You expect us to be happy clappy? 

No not at all. I am not happy either but some of the hatred on here is crazy and the amount of new threads is ridiculous. 

My point is it would be nice to have a thread where both people who 'hate' management at the club and people who don't hate them could both post for a common cause - supporting our club and hoping they achieve survival.

I was trying not to just moan. I'm fed up of the moaners and fed up of the opposing views too. I was trying to say whether you're in favour or against the leadership of our club let's come together and support the team cos surely we all want the same thing ultimately, it's just, as is life, we have different ideas of how that can be achieved.

37 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

What about the threads moaning about the threads moaning about Lee Johnson? Someone should start a thread moaning about them.

Very true , it does make me feel the need to moan about the  moans about the Johnson moaners. But someone would only come along and moan about my moan about the moans about the moans about Johnson ! Then you'd have people moaning about moans about moans about moans about moans, and then where would you be ?? :bonkers:

5 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

No not at all. I am not happy either but some of the hatred on here is crazy and the amount of new threads is ridiculous. 

My point is it would be nice to have a thread where both people who 'hate' management at the club and people who don't hate them could both post for a common cause - supporting our club and hoping they achieve survival.

There are threads about the team selection. But when the matchday randomiser takes place it shocks people when they get close, there are threads on the players and if they've done well or (more likely ) not. So there are threads about other things, but if you don't see a topic you want to discuss stick it up, I know we are rehashing things but many people feel low, let down and helpless, and in the hands of loyal , trusting owner who's good intentions is sending us down. 
If you still aren't getting what you want, try the non football forum, some weird shit on there.

15 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

The angry bitterness expressed on here reflects the clubs entire fan base. Every city fan I come across shares the same views that we see posted on here.

Im sure very few fans "hate" LJ personally but are frustrated by his inability to create a winning team despite having a very decent squad to create from.

We are all frustrated and that can lead to anger..........:grr:

7 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I was trying not to just moan. I'm fed up of the moaners and fed up of the opposing views too. I was trying to say whether you're in favour or against the leadership of our club let's come together and support the team cos surely we all want the same thing ultimately, it's just, as is life, we have different ideas of how that can be achieved.

you yourself are adding to the multitude of come on lets support the team threads, there are several on this 1st page; the answers the same as the others just like this; Fans have supported their club in thousands, home and away; so you are in fact moaning about fans view on our current situation.

You wont have to wait long for another thread just the same as this, you may not be trying to moan but you are.

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

What about the threads moaning about the threads moaning about Lee Johnson? Someone should start a thread moaning about them.

your wish is my command :protest:

I enjoy discussing the Football but at the moment I think the forum , not unexpectedly is going to be how it is (Same as any Club Forum in circumstances) because :-

* debating what team / set up seems pointless as it's virtually impossible to follow any sort of plan

* Talking about the players has become painful as virtually none of them have been cause for much positive discussion 

* Even for the most positive posters there is little good news on the horizon to hang on to

* The biggest , and immediate issue at the club is our league position , the 5 month plummet , and as a result our Head Coach and the owners backing of him

* Add to that the Club continue to shoot themselves in the foot with awful and at times cringeworthy PR and then dismiss a generally popular figure in JP there's not even been any good snippets

* I think , and I can only speak how I feel , that people's guts and hearts are being ripped out at the moment and discussing whether Bryan should play at left back or midfield etc all seems a bit well ...... pointless or unimportant

* The football threads to still crop up but I've noticed they die off quickly as I think, as I said people havnt got the heart and the overwhelming thing on everyone's minds is the , what are becoming, bizarre, events at our Club 

* This will alll change quickly if we could put a couple of wins together and a realistic hope of avoiding relegation would undoubtedly reignite the 'football' debate

Lets pray we can dig out an away win today that could ignite a run to safety  :thumbsup: 

Dont know why but I have a hunch we may nick it today

If we don't turn this around soon , I hate to think how the forum is , understandably , going to be as we plummet into L1 with LJ still at the helm - There will be a lot more and continuing pain ahead for some time to come which is not a great thought for any of us, wherever we sit in the debate

I think everyone would be happy for us to start gaining some points and we could , to a large degree , put Johnson / MA / SL to 'one side' and see us preserve our status

Dire runs and form like this divides fan bases and always does at any club

Unfortunately IMHO some of Lees traits don't do himself any favours and I think these have poured petrol on the fire ( The dire run)

As a club we seem like an old boiler that is on full blast at the moment with cracks appearing all over the place and ready to implode

Like most of us I'd assume,  I'm just praying that the results will suddenly come , as , have to be honest you can only see some real fallout and damage if we don't

Avoiding relegation is IMHO a must if we hope to prevent real lasting discord in parts of the fan base at least and I think the current forum reflects this

If I was @Badger I'd be as concerned about what people are saying on this forum as much as our League position ( People say that the forum is only a small percentage of the fan base but it's the primary one and IMHO gives a reasonable cross section of our core fan base - Id actually say that I don't know a City fan personally who doesn't want LJ gone immediately so you could argue the forum is more positive than the overall fan base , but at least we have the full spectrum of opinions on here)

And when I say I'd be concerned about what people are saying I'm referring to the depth of feeling , and particularly the number of season ticket holders of 10/20/30 yrs or longer saying they've had enough and won't renew

I think a fair few , and I'd include myself are getting sick of us blowing good opportunities , not to storm into the Premier League (I'm happy if we don't in some ways) but to stabilise and establish ourselves in the second tier

Weve messed up time and time again and after the best momentum we seemed to have off a title romping squad we've managed a clusterf**** of a transfer window in 2015 and now the debacle since October which looks like plummeting us back to League One 

The footballing pyramid has changed , and anything below the Championship, is let's be honest seen as backwaters in the football world 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I enjoy discussing the Football but at the moment I think the forum , not unexpectedly is going to be how it is (Same as any Club Forum in circumstances) because :-

* debating what team / set up seems pointless as it's virtually impossible to follow any sort of plan

* Talking about the players has become painful as virtually none of them have been cause for much positive discussion 

* Even for the most positive posters there is little good news on the horizon to hang on to

* The biggest , and immediate issue at the club is our league position , the 5 month plummet , and as a result our Head Coach and the owners backing of him

* Add to that the Club continue to shoot themselves in the foot with awful and at times cringeworthy PR and then dismiss a generally popular figure in JP there's not even been any good snippets

* I think , and I can only speak how I feel , that people's guts and hearts are being ripped out at the moment and discussing whether Bryan should play at left back or midfield etc all seems a bit well ...... pointless or unimportant

* The football threads to still crop up but I've noticed they die off quickly as I think, as I said people havnt got the heart and the overwhelming thing on everyone's minds is the , what are becoming, bizarre, events at our Club 

* This will alll change quickly if we could put a couple of wins together and a realistic hope of avoiding relegation would undoubtedly reignite the 'football' debate

Lets pray we can dig out an away win today that could ignite a run to safety  :thumbsup: 

If we don't turn this around soon , I hate to think how the forum is , understandably , going to be as we plummet into L1 with LJ still at the helm - There will be a lot more and continuing pain ahead for some time to come which is not a great thought for any of us, wherever we sit in the debate

I think everyone would be happy for us to start gaining some points and we could , to a large degree , put Johnson / MA / SL to 'one side' and see us preserve our status

Unfortunately IMHO some of Lees traits don't do himself any favours and I think these have poured petrol on the fire ( The dire run)

As a club we seem like an old boiler that is on full blast at the moment with cracks appearing all over the place and ready to implode

Like most of us I'd assume,  I'm just praying that the results will suddenly come , as , have to be honest you can only see some real fallout and damage if we don't

Avoiding relegation is IMHO a must if we hope to prevent real lasting discord in parts of the fan base at least

Well that was long, cant see the bottom line happening though, we have to post better results than those around us to stay up. Winning 1/2/3/4/5 games might not do it but we have to go for the throat today to stand any hope. Nothing previous has given me hope including chucking games away when on top and baffling management choices.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Avoiding relegation is IMHO a must if we hope to prevent real lasting discord in parts of the fan base at least

You see the thing is. All of what you say is true. The owner of BCFC does not actually have a positive plan for the club. Because he uses the losses made to offset his profits in other companies and pay less tax. He loves spending money, watching the club fail, relegation. Then a rebuild on the cheap, promotion, mediocrity. Then a big spending spree, the cycle repeats.

You get my point. He's a total narcissist using BCFC (which is now part of Bristol Sport) as a pawn to make him as much money as he can.

Now, if he was serious, he would have told the supporters his plans and we could hold him to account. He doesn't do this. So I would like a plan from him, or as far as I am concerned we'll never make it with him as the owner.

22 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Well that was long, cant see the bottom line happening though, we have to post better results than those around us to stay up. Winning 1/2/3/4/5 games might not do it but we have to go for the throat today to stand any hope. Nothing previous has given me hope including chucking games away when on top and baffling management choices.

Agree Gloucs sadly

But we all cling onto that hope 

Ive been saying to a mate since before Christmas that I was concerned we were worryingly 'ticking all the boxes'  for a relegation side but hoped / assumed that SL would act either by sacking LJ and / or by bringing in some quality in the Jan window

In fairness to SL we did recruit in numbers in Jan window

Are they of the quality we needed ? possibly

Were they ready/suitable to make an immediate impact ?  

Unsurprisingly the Championship based BW seems to be , as DC , the German lads havnt had any significant impact and MT is what he is a wildcard 

We are now in March and really are getting to the stage where they really become what are MUST WIN games Whatever Johnson waffles

I can't see us turning it around but pray I've got it wrong 

13 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

You see the thing is. All of what you say is true. The owner of BCFC does not actually have a positive plan for the club. Because he uses the losses made to offset his profits in other companies and pay less tax. He loves spending money, watching the club fail, relegation. Then a rebuild on the cheap, promotion, mediocrity. Then a big spending spree, the cycle repeats.

You get my point. He's a total narcissist using BCFC (which is now part of Bristol Sport) as a pawn to make him as much money as he can.

Now, if he was serious, he would have told the supporters his plans and we could hold him to account. He doesn't do this. So I would like a plan from him, or as far as I am concerned we'll never make it with him as the owner.

All opinions Dave but even as very much a LJ out / Frustrated with SL man 

I cannot agree with that - that he is using the Club to pay less tax - IMHO that's nonsense whatever may result of losses set against tax

Im clueless in respect of taxation / companies etc etc and there may be a way of offsetting losses at the football club to soften the blow - and why not

I believe SLs intentions are good , I think he is probably more intent on leaving a lasting legacy at the Club rather than bankrolling a serious attack on the Premiership ( Very frustrating for fans especially the older ones as the years tick by but a philosophy that in many respects is hard to criticise)

Personally I think his decision making is and continues to be flawed 

Whether that is his own belligerent decision making or poor advice from those he employs I really don't know

His recent media interviews and those of the last few years seem to suggest the former as he appears quite strong in his own beliefs

So So frustrating - We had such a platform to build on in May 2015

28 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

The owner of BCFC does not actually have a positive plan for the club. Because he uses the losses made to offset his profits in other companies and pay less tax. He loves spending money, watching the club fail, relegation. Then a rebuild on the cheap, promotion, mediocrity. Then a big spending spree, the cycle repeats.

You're not up to speed are you Dave? 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Totally agree. But when we aren't winning. Game after game week after week. Month after month. It's bound to grind people down. Even you're most optimistic rose tinter must be pissed off . But like u said let's hopefully get 3 points and have something positive to chat about  :fingerscrossed:

I think the OP - like me - is just fed up of the repetitive nature of most of the threads started recently. 

Johnson is going nowhere.  That clearly is the decision. I think it's a wrong one, but I don't own the club. I don't get angry about bring treated with "contempt" by the club, because since when did the fans decide who was manager?  The muted nature of the in-stadium protests and the relatovely small number boycotting (you expect empty seats during a poor run anyway) may mean Lansdown thinks Johnson has more support than he does. Or who knows - maybe Otib really isn't a good barometer of the views of the total fanbase? 

We won against a lower side last month, so like you, all I'm really thinking about today is "can we get 3 points".

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

Twaddle, complete and utter.

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Twaddle, complete and utter.

Is there any proof to say it is though? Im beginning to seriously wonder about the Lansdown family's motives when it comes to this club. You are naive to just dismiss what Dave has said IMO.

22 minutes ago, bris red said:

Is there any proof to say it is though? Im beginning to seriously wonder about the Lansdown family's motives when it comes to this club. You are naive to just dismiss what Dave has said IMO.

Lansdown's principle income is as a major shareholder of Hargreaves Lansdown - he has retired from taking an active role in the company. 

He would not be able to "offset" loses made by Bristol City against his tax liability in Guernsey on this income.

In the internet,  everything has to become a conspiracy rather than a cock-up. 

@Bob Bob Super Bob I don't really disagree with any of your post. I am as disillusioned at the minute as the next City fan. I'm still up for mature sensible debate which you and many other posters provide. I'm fed up of all the hatred and vitriol that is posted tho and get fed up when positive threads get hijacked by the haters or vice versa and it descends into an 'I'm right and you're wrong' argument. It's just possible that there is no right or wrong and that we could concentrate on supporting the club that we all love. 

You are of course right when you say a few wins (hoping it starts today) would see the mood barometer swing back in favour of the more positive posters. That's just the way it goes hey?

@citywest30 Can I ask, why create another thread that contributes to the moaning atmosphere?

The content of a forum is driven by its users. If you are fed up with the content don't complain that you don't like it, post something different.

If you try that, then it gets derailed, you have a better position to make your point.

So long as the content isn't offensive then a forum will always be a melting pot of opinions that can be contributed to, ignored or disagreed with, but never stopped.

5 hours ago, citywest30 said:

So you are asking the moaners to become happy clappers and look forward to relegation? Best of luck with that!

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

So you are asking the moaners to become happy clappers and look forward to relegation? Best of luck with that!

I think he's asking people not to keep starting threads making points identical to those made on other threads.

It gets a tad boring.

Archived