IGNORED

Huddersfield Friday 17th March

Dolman Block B

21 hours ago, Townfan66 said:

Afternoon all. Good result for you yesterday and expecting you to give us a tough test on Friday! We haven't been playing as well the last few games but are scraping results. I suppose you could say it is the sign of a good team but it still makes you worry when you play a team fighting for points (3 of our last 4 games have been against mid table teams). I expect you to be much tougher opposition.

Visiting Ashton Gate for the first time and looking forward to it. Can anyone give advice as to the best way to get to the ground from the city centre, i.e. Is it walking distance or do I need to get bus/train?

Out of interest, how many are you lot bringing Friday?  Or sold up to now?

1 hour ago, cynic said:

If they won 4-0 it would be a surprise given they have won 20 of their 22 games by a one goal margin and only scored 3 in a game on 2 occasions. Obviously, a very hard team to beat and they score most games (only 5 where they haven't) but not that many goals per game.

Hope I am not surprised (other than for an unlikely win).

Yes, but they haven't played us recently and our performances on Sky lately have not been good, so I think we are in for a hammering.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Out of interest, how many are you lot bringing Friday?  Or sold up to now?

Honestly don't know how many we will bring as it is on Sky and also a Friday night - my guess would be only around 800 max. We have had two games a week for the last 4-5 weeks so its been quite an expensive month.

43 minutes ago, Townfan66 said:

Honestly don't know how many we will bring as it is on Sky and also a Friday night - my guess would be only around 800 max. We have had two games a week for the last 4-5 weeks so its been quite an expensive month.

Thats decent to be honest, no idea what the crowd will be as live on tv will definately keep most pay on the day away!

4 hours ago, Townfan66 said:

Decent following that not sure we would take more than that if we were doing so well.

Friday night and we won in Wigan. 18000 and good support to our team. Sill see the game on telly here in Sweden. Hudds are in a good run but I think we will beat them. In front of the cameras we use to win. KS at the rb is giving defence strenght. Tammy and Taylor upfront, no long balls please. Wilbraham coming on, got a good feeling. Tomlin starting, this will be good. Frankie in goal, like him. Bryan to score like Villa game. Tomlin is our man in friday, think we win 2-1. Coyr

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I heard Huddersfield was a lovely place. Seen it a few times on countryfile.....Either that or Havantopias match day thread from earlier this season.

I won't slag off @chipdawg 's birthplace, but I have to report that the town centre is about as thrilling as Yeovil's.

Nice moorland out to the west of the town though.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:45, steviestevieneville said:

There inlies the problem. He won't pick the right side and will probably drop off them . Frankie did cost us up there but they were all over us like a rash most of the game. 

Theyll press us high up the pitch like they did up there

could be their undoing.

18 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"competitive with anyone"

The logic in this particular post leads me to believe that the management team not only read this board, they contribute.

You are obviously one of those ultra negative supporters who goes around with your self-righteous head up your arse. I've seen City lose a lot this season but the only games where we've not been in the game were Brighton, Fulham and Huddersfield away. 

I've wanted a change of manager since Cardiff as I believe he's made to many mistakes in all areas and I believe with a more experienced manager the competitive squad we have would be holding on for draws and scraping a few more wins. 

So despite him I'd say we were good enough to get points against anyone. Whether we get enough points to stay up is another matter. But it will be close. 

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:37, Wanderingred said:

A tactical battle between Wagner and Johnson... Oh dear. On the surface it feels a bit like putting the mongol hoardes at their peak against a coop of blind one legged chickens. But the beauty of football is that you just never know.

we might have a chance if this Wagner turns up...

Image result for wagner x factor

22 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Forgot that Chip ;)  My first wife lived in 'Uddersfield when I met here. Actually have quite fond memories of staggering around the KU Club in the early hours.

The KU club was before my time I'm afraid, I know it by reputation though. They apparently had some amazing gigs there back in the day

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I won't slag off @chipdawg 's birthplace, but I have to report that the town centre is about as thrilling as Yeovil's.

Nice moorland out to the west of the town though.

I warned you old timer...

Huddersfield's town centre is actually much improved, though I haven't lived there for there for 15 years now. Magic Rock brewery is the best thing that happened in that town in years

I agree that the surrounding countryside is what makes Huddersfield though, Saddleworth to the west and the Dark Peak to the south is some of the most spectacular scenery in the country

I must have watched a different game up there, someone said we could have been 5 0 down before we equalised? The home supporters didn't stop singing? They are a good side and will be a challenge, we had 10 men on the pitch that day because it was the start of Tomlin throwing his toys out, however we could well have come away with a point. Reasons to be positive on Friday, they work hard, they aren't superhuman.

Huddersfield or not, we need to WIN. Due to the hole LJ has dug already this season, the wins have to start coming now (especially home games) regardless of the oppo.

For some weird reason, I'm thinking we might do 'em.. being the big underdog could suit us , if they take us lightly.

For all my disappointment about LJ not going, I'm really looking forward to Friday and wouldn't boycott it for anything

On 12/03/2017 at 15:54, woodsy62 said:

I expect us to lose against a good Huddersfield side anything else will be a bonus

Even though it was a only a few weeks ago we played them last and might have grabbed a draw. 

We're run by a ******t. 

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Huddersfield or not, we need to WIN. Due to the hole LJ has dug already this season, the wins have to start coming now (especially home games) regardless of the oppo.

For some weird reason, I'm thinking we might do 'em.. being the big underdog could suit us , if they take us lightly.

For all my disappointment about LJ not going, I'm really looking forward to Friday and wouldn't boycott it for anything

I think the whole must win at home game might suit us Friday, if it turns in to a battle we need to grind out that might negate any crap tactics and hopefully make it attritional, sneak a win and it's all to play for

On 12 March 2017 at 17:30, cityexile said:

LJ will run 30 simulations on FM.

He will tell from this that Huddersfield close down quickly when not in possession giving no space, and when in possession pass the ball well, are happy to retain the ball and look for space that somebody is making a run into.

He will then apply his genius as to what eleven to pick, what formation to play, and what players he wishes to implement it. He will decide that the answer is 4-5-1, to deny them space in midfield, advising the players to not to worry to much if they are passing the ball around in front of us, but to close them down in the final third. He will be torn between Wilbs or Tammy up front.

He will send the team out, confident he has applied tactical nous to maximise our chances.

The whistle will then go for the start if the match.

It will then become apparent that we are completely crap playing this way. No player will be entirely sure what their role is, as it will be the sixth formation, and fourth position that player has played in over the past few weeks, having seemingly been out of favour for a month, No one will get ahead of the ball making runs, as they are all seek to remember their precise instructions for this match. We will get no space, and will lump the ball forward to an isolated Tammy, who was chosen in the end, who can make nothing of it. 

We go in at half time 2-0 down having been completely out played. Huddersfield have been retaining possession as if it was a training match finding space at will, each knowing each other's role.

LJ is not happy at half time. Did no one watch the FM simulations? Much against his better judgement, he moves stuff around at half time, bringing on some more attacking options, and tells the team just to go for it.

After the break, Huddersfield miss a few good chances to put the game to bed, but slowly we start to get more in to it. Wilbs, who has now been brought on, starts to link up better with Tammy, we start getting the odd chance, as do they but suddenly with 15 to go, it is 1-2. We push for the equaliser, but it's not to be.

LJ after the match comments that it is thin lines, and that we were unlucky not to get something, despite being outplayed for 70 minutes. Meanwhile he is thinking there were at least two players who did not follow his instructions for this match to the letter and will need now resting for a month. He will make some comment about having learned a lot about some of his players today, and that some clearly do not have the energy and fight needed.

He will crank up his FM and gets to work on the next match.

This is so spot on I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On 13/03/2017 at 11:00, WTFiGO!?! said:

I always think we're gonna win so 2-1 us. Johnson will turn us around and take us up because Dicks done it didn't he, despite a mass calling for Dicks to be out at the time, apparently.

I wonder why Tits never became a standard surname?

I think at the bolton final they tried to encourage the surname

6 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Well they played us off the park last time, and I fully expect them to do it this time.

Still, as long as someone leaves their studs down La Parra's shins/ankles in the first 5 mins I will be happy. 

Probably lose 2 nil

Stevo

We've not got anyone nasty enough to put a tackle like that in on him. That's been one of our main problems this season, we're too nice, too easy to play against. 

Archived