IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

He is a ****. If he really had something more important on, his PR spin would have made us all aware. 

As he is in charge of "all footballing matters" he really needs to be accountable. If he is towing the SL line and really wants LJ out then he's a conniving coward. If he really has faith in LJ he's just a moronic corporate dunce.

30 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I think it was the right move for him not to go on tonight. Everything he says will have been scrutinised and it's not the right timing after a fairly positive turn of results over the last few games.

Well yeah , god forbid someone actually having to face up to their responsibility's 

To be fair I not MA's biggest fan but in terms of attracting players and signings and think we have done quite well. I know he comes across as a bit corporate but thats the way of the world now and we do seem to sign players. In my opinion the problem is with Lee "pick the team and formation of the hat" Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

He is a ****. If he really had something more important on, his PR spin would have made us all aware. 

As he is in charge of "all footballing matters" he really needs to be accountable. If he is towing the SL line and really wants LJ out then he's a conniving coward. If he really has faith in LJ he's just a moronic corporate dunce.

So in a no win situation then

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I really don't see the need for him to go on.

It's just not helpful now. 

We know where we stand, SL is behind LJ and they've said that in interviews several times.

Right now, surely the focus is on staying up? The club knows the stakes.

The inquisition can happen at the end of the season, because if we go down, it's already too late for questions. 

Don't talk sense man.

Gets in the way of the moaning. 

Got on at 6.45 and said that the only thing that can inspire the players to escape relegation is us - the fans.

The only consistent thing about this season has been our superb support - home and away. Let's forget about Johnson, Lansdown and Ashton and try to lift the team clear of the relegation zone. And when that's done, we'll bombard the club with emails to say that Johnson isn't wanted by the majority of the fan base.

I finished by saying to Geoff, no disrespect, but if we can't energise the team, we face the prospect of playing Rovers twice.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We could ask for the fans liaison to speak on our behalf but oh hang on he's head of the clubs media department 

Adam Baker is between a rock and hard place though. He's employed the club so he's never going to steam into anyone senior to him at BCFC. I guess the solution is to have a independent Liaison Officer, but who would want to do it and to be fair if the club didn't have any control over the position would they really listen to them. Having said that the way they dealt with the Pemberton dismissal was poor, it was heavily rumoured on Monday he was going so Tuesday evening someone's writes Cheers John  - see ya notice for the website posted at 6.30pm which eventually gets withdrawn and replaced with what should have been posted originally. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be fair i think it was @kidintheriot who brought this up a while ago but its gone no further. How can someone speak for us when he has a conflict of interest.

The whole thing is madness, we have no real representation at any decent level within the club at all.

This is not knocking SC&T or any other supporters groups at all, they do a sterling job, I'm talking about within the hierarchy itself.

2 minutes ago, cheesleywalksoncider said:

Adam Baker is between a rock and hard place though. He's employed the club so he's never going to steam into anyone senior to him at BCFC. I guess the solution is to have a independent Liaison Officer, but who would want to do it and to be fair if the club didn't have any control over the position would they really listen to them. Having said that the way they dealt with the Pemberton dismissal was poor, it was heavily rumoured on Monday he was going so Tuesday evening someone's writes Cheers John  - see ya notice for the website posted at 6.30pm which eventually gets withdrawn and replaced with what should have been posted originally. 

Yes i agree Adam is in a no win situation , therefore shouldn't have the job. It's pretty obvious the club asked him to take on the role knowing his hands are tied.  

Imo Ashton should of manned up and gone on the show, even if we didn't like what he said he'd get some respect for doing so. He knows Twentyman would ask him some searching questions and he wouldn't have answers written down in front of him. He and LJ have contradicted each other over JP and as head of football operations has to take responsibility along with LJ and Lansdown. 

Archived