IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The whole thing is madness, we have no real representation at any decent level within the club at all.

This is not knocking SC&T or any other supporters groups at all, they do a sterling job, I'm talking about within the hierarchy itself.

And on that note, we have asked on several occasions about being invited to board meetings, but haven't been invited to one for quite some time now. In the past, we have attended them. 

The SC&T chair and vice chair have met Mark Ashton on one occasion before the transfer window closed. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

And on that note, we have asked on several occasions about being invited to board meetings, but haven't been invited to one for quite some time now. In the past, we have attended them. 

The SC&T chair and vice chair have met Mark Ashton on one occasion before the transfer window closed. 

Closed shop in other words Dolly ?

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Thanks Dolly, I was wondering if recently there had been a change in approach, keep up the good work!

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes i agree Adam is in a no win situation , therefore shouldn't have the job. It's pretty obvious the club asked him to take on the role knowing his hands are tied.  

Has anyone actually liaised with Adam? Asked him to say something. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So MA declined a live radio interview with Twentyman.

Ashton must had permission from SL turned down.

Steve, Geoff Twentyman has invited me on his show tonight. He's bound to ask some probing questions about Lee Johnson's future and my recent interview. Shall I talk BS instead?

Mark, that's what you always do!

4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Why would he go on there just to be abused by you lot about him and Johnson and lansdown? Nothing he says is gonna please you lot so there is just no point!

People are making their own assessments in the absence of any clarity from Bcfc. Honesty on their part will help, not hinder. 

Your tone sounds quite similar to the way the club are treating us. Lifelong fans seen as troublemakers in the journey toward the corporate plaything. 

Large organisations/companies/politicians use the "no comment" approach to avoid any negative vibes from employess.

Bristol City hierarchy do the same now. It stinks. This Bristol Sport thing is a farce.

Prefer the old fashioned family club we used to be, when we were all in it together.

Whatever next? Prawn sandwiches!

After a lifetime of board meetings, I cannot see how it it would help the business process to have someone banging on about scuppering the agreed master plan, without having a clue how to build further.  If I was SL I would keep fans well away and give them a suggestion committee or some other "none" role.  It might piss off fans but running a complicated business needs people who can make a valuable contribution.  Tin hat on!

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

After a lifetime of board meetings, I cannot see how it it would help the business process to have someone banging on about scuppering the agreed master plan, without having a clue how to build further.  If I was SL I would keep fans well away and give them a suggestion committee or some other "none" role.  It might piss off fans but running a complicated business needs people who can make a valuable contribution.  Tin hat on!

No need for the tin hat...I think that's a factually accurate summary of the view of the majority shareholder.

Fans can do things like put up statues and give the club "heritage", but they're not getting anywhere near power.

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Surely that's the difference from football we grew up with to the modern football of today. We are seen as cash cows, "customers" rather than fans. No one really cares a damn what we think . As far as they're concerned it's, buy the merchandise , eat drink and be merry , clap politely . If you have a differing view then your'e a wrong un. 

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Simply nonsense. I have run a multi million pound organisation and would never dream of not having proper customer representation on the board along with staff reps as well

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

oh I thought he was a kind of spokesperson for the fans…

When does he liaise with the fans?

I'm not knocking him but I don't understand his role properly. 

I'm not knocking him either but as head of the clubs media he has to portray the club in it's best light and to be fair i think he does a decent job . If he then had complaints from fans that we're not happy with how the clubs being run. How can he then stand in front of a camera  and the club not let him ask the questions we want answering.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not knocking him either but as head of the clubs media he has to portray the club in it's best light and to be fair i think he does a decent job . If he then had complaints from fans that we're not happy with how the clubs being run. How can he then stand in front of a camera  and the club not let him ask the questions we want answering.

no, it's shocking. 

21 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I think he has made a mistake not going on to talk with geoff. The hardest question I could see he would have had is why is Lee still in a job. Would have had a couple of days to think of a answer.  

You mean having to say something other than Lansdown hasn't said to sack him? Then everyone would just be angry at him for spewing more non truths, it was really a no win situation for him if he went on.

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

People are making their own assessments in the absence of any clarity from Bcfc. Honesty on their part will help, not hinder. 

Your tone sounds quite similar to the way the club are treating us. Lifelong fans seen as troublemakers in the journey toward the corporate plaything. 

Hang on, when any statement is made by him it is labelled on here as BS. So if the club say anything it's "bullshit" if they don't then they are "cowards".

What can they do?

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Simply nonsense. I have run a multi million pound organisation and would never dream of not having proper customer representation on the board along with staff reps as well

Ok - so the fans choose a really objectionable character who is passionate in the "Johnson out" camp.  That would waste time, and I doubt it would represent fairly, the views of the "fans" who will have many and various opinions.  Customer opinion can be ascertained in many ways - and just imagine if you were running a railway company and you had someone like Bob Crowe on the board as staff representative.  It would be interesting but I doubt if it would be helpful!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Hang on, when any statement is made by him it is labelled on here as BS. So if the club say anything it's "bullshit" if they don't then they are "cowards".

What can they do?

Be open and transparent with their paying customers maybe. 

From memory, and I could be well off the mark with this (no pun intended), but were we not warned/read about Ashton at the time of his appointment and the impact he has had at previous clubs, most of it quite negative?

After what was a pretty exciting summer, compared to the one before anyway, everything was pretty rosy. 

Now things aren't going so well and the pressure is building things are quite all they seem!

Archived