IGNORED

W11 & W17 (etc?)

The Original OTIB

29 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Nothing new from BS I'm afraid. Those of us from the Williams have been shafted for a couple of years. 

First we had last dibs on any tickets in the rest of the ground when the Williams was closed. We were then promised that we would get an equivalent seat back in the new west stand. Then there was the cock up of online booking last season allowing us nothing except  the 2 end blocks (W11 & W17). Hardly the same as being in the old Williams C Block. Eventually after some effort I got into W16 with friends, but obviously some got stuck in W11 or W17. And now they are getting shafted again by BS.

So much for the "customer comes first" but then given what we have been dished up on the pitch that's little surprise either!

If you call shafted over for years being built a new £47 million stadium than I would hate to see it when you've really been shafted!!

Moan all you like but you've got plenty of seats to choose from next season and maybe if you don't fancy it don't go.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I've sent your message round the other FAN members, which is where the season ticket proposals were first discussed. We weren't told that these blocks would be affected too, at least not that I can remember. This is a change to what we were told. 

Let me make this absolutely clear Dolly I am not having a pop at you personally, but what exactly is the point of these FAN meetings if A) It appears that no minutes are kept and or distributed to those attending, and B) Why have 'secret' meetings whereby people directly affected are neither involved or consulted.

It really seems to me that the club agree to things they like the sound of (moving the EE to the SS), and then simply go their own way without any consultation with other matters, for instance the supporters liaison officer.

If the FAN and indeed the SC and T truly want to represent all  BCFC supporters they should simply tell the club that the meetings should be fully minuted and if ALL the fans can't be told what is being proposed then the people purporting to represent them don't want to know either.

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If you call shafted over for years being built a new £47 million stadium than I would hate to see it when you've really been shafted!!

Moan all you like but you've got plenty of seats to choose from next season and maybe if you don't fancy it don't go.

Your obviously a WUM. Stick to talking about your seat in the Dolman as this matter does not concern you in any way of form does it?? People in this thread are either affected or in a position to give answers on why its happening. Your just one of those people who loves to have a differing opinion on matters that don't concern you. Read the thread, there are not 27000 to choose from, as posted above there are only the seats available that nobody from last season wanted. Not everybody only needs 1 seat etc etc, I personally go with 6 other people who are all needing to find new seats. I am sure there are masses of 7 seat blocks in decent locations comparable to my current seat that I can move to. Perhaps we can have your seats and you can move elsewhere, we can call it the being arsed about in other stands foundation and detail it in a letter to you stating that you cannot have your seat next season as others need it instead!

11 minutes ago, collier said:

Your obviously a WUM. Stick to talking about your seat in the Dolman as this matter does not concern you in any way of form does it?? People in this thread are either affected or in a position to give answers on why its happening. Your just one of those people who loves to have a differing opinion on matters that don't concern you. Read the thread, there are not 27000 to choose from, as posted above there are only the seats available that nobody from last season wanted. Not everybody only needs 1 seat etc etc, I personally go with 6 other people who are all needing to find new seats. I am sure there are masses of 7 seat blocks in decent locations comparable to my current seat that I can move to. Perhaps we can have your seats and you can move elsewhere, we can call it the being arsed about in other stands foundation and detail it in a letter to you stating that you cannot have your seat next season as others need it instead!

Moan moan moan.

1 minute ago, collier said:

That confirms that you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this thread, best toddle off and be a WUM somewhere else now then, there's a good boy!! Let the grown ups finish their adult conversation.

You've got 6 friends ? I don't believe you.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wow burn, I guess your one of the cool kids huh. I think I remember hearing that one......yea when I was about 12 I think, apparently your brain stopped evolving at that age I see. Its ok I will just add you to the ignore list. I doubt it will be the first time for you.

22 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You chip into a thread that clearly affects longstanding ST holders and something not fully detailed/consulted with those affected or more worryingly in FAN meetings with SCAT members present but all you can manage is ''Moan moan moan'' & the frighteningly petulent ''suprised you have 6 friends''

Wow the **** your empathy for your fellow fan runeth over  :clap:

51 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

You chip into a thread that clearly affects longstanding ST holders and something not fully detailed/consulted with those affected or more worryingly in FAN meetings with SCAT members present but all you can manage is ''Moan moan moan'' & the frighteningly petulent ''suprised you have 6 friends''

Wow the **** your empathy for your fellow fan runeth over  :clap:

It's a seat, a seat to sit and watch a game of football. It's not life or death. There are plenty to go round. Adapt to change , wheels aren't square anymore! 

15 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's a seat, a seat to sit and watch a game of football. It's not life or death. There are plenty to go round. Adapt to change , wheels aren't square anymore! 

I think the point is that a lot of fans have adapted to change, having been shuffled around a lot over the last few years. This is now another change that wasn't advised to fans representatives. 

I'm a bit baffled as to why you're being such an arse. 

1 minute ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

I think the point is that a lot of fans have adapted to change, having been shuffled around a lot over the last few years. This is now another change that wasn't advised to fans representatives. 

I'm a bit baffled as to why you're being such an arse. 

It's because he has dug himself such a hole that he cannot escape from it. Might as well keep on digging to see if he can get out the other side now.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

You're looking at this far too simplistically. The new redevelopment and the cost of it isn't relevant here, it's not about being 'grateful' or 'ungrateful' as you're implying.

The fact this has been decided without consultation (unlike the Atyeo/SS corner move) and even without consulting FAN really stinks. Adds insult to injury when out 'supporters liaison officer(s)' are nowhere to be seen on here when this is exactly the type of issue they should be assisting with.

Its yet another logistics issue that's been handled poorly.

6 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

From Rachel Lemar: Dated 10th March 2017:

I'm writing to you with regards to 2017/18 season cards, which are due to go on sale from Monday, March 20th.
Over the past few months we have undertaken a wide-ranging consultation programme, aimed at reviewing what
supporters have made of their first season in the fully redeveloped Ashton Gate Stadium.
As part of the consultation, we sent an email survey to season card holders, we engaged with a variety of supporter
groups and held our regular meeting with the Fan Advisory Network.

With regards to blocks W11 and W17, in which you are currently situated, it has been decided that these blocks will
be partially allocated to our group experiences for the 2017/18 season. This includes our young supporters that
take part in pre-match and half-time flag bearing, as well as the pre-match guard of honour, which I'm sure you
have seen previously at games.

Unfortunately, due to these changes we will not able to offer you the renewal of your current seat for the 2017/18
season. You will be able to choose an alternative unoccupied seat from Monday, March 20th , ahead of the
renewal period, or alternatively you could wait until Monday, April 3rd when season card reservations are lifted and
purchase a seat that becomes available at that point. A member of our Supporter Services team will be in touch
with you shortly to discuss these options and assist you with renewing your season card.

Some other changes that you may be interested in is our pledge to improve the offering for young supporters and
their families on matchdays. The family area for the 2017/18 season will be located in the Lansdown Stand upper
tier. The previous blocks, S25-S27, will instead become the singing section for 2017/18, as we look to move all
supporters into three home stands (Dolman, South and Lansdown), leaving the Atyeo Stand solely for away fans.
Additionally, following supporter feedback, we will also be rewarding loyalty by including PLUS membership —
which usually costs £20 per person — for free to everyone who renews during the advanced sales period. PLUS
membership offers 15% discount on food, drink and merchandise at the stadium and two £10 guest tickets for a
specified game during the 2017/18 campaign, plus much more.

Full details for season cards in 2017/18 will be released in the next seven days, but I thought it was important to
contact you in advance to keep you in the picture about our plans for the next season.

THE so-caled UNOCCUPIED SEATS (AROUND 250 IN W17 AND W11 and perhaps 50 more in the lower central blocks) AT THE FRONT COULD GO TO THESE KIDS OR BETTER STILL PUT THEM IN THE FAMILY SECTION - FOR THAT IS WHAT IT IS THERE FOR! I paid near £1,000 for 3 seats. Why the hell should I be moved when there ARE options. Typical B.S. B.S.

I think Rachel might have forgotten that PLUS membership was gifted to ST renewals last year, and it was a chargeable extra for those who wanted to upgrade.

So as for it being 'usually' charged at twenty quid, I make the following observations.

Last year it was free for renewals.

Last year was the first season they had the offer.

There is nothing 'usual' to see here. Quite the opposite.

Dare say they'll be issuing a correction and not trying to promote season ticket renewals by issuing misleading offers. (Food vouchers mk2!)

I don't know what Rachel's user name is on the forum so I haven't tagged the post, MODS, can you tag her?

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think Rachel might have forgotten that PLUS membership was gifted to ST renewals last year, and it was a chargeable extra for those who wanted to upgrade.

So as for it being 'usually' charged at twenty quid, I make the following observations.

Last year it was free for renewals.

Last year was the first season they had the offer.

There is nothing 'usual' to see here. Quite the opposite.

Dare say they'll be issuing a correction and not trying to promote season ticket renewals by issuing misleading offers. (Food vouchers mk2!)

I don't know what Rachel's user name is on the forum so I haven't tagged the post, MODS, can you tag her?

She's not on the forum Rob.

The bit you need to pay attention to in that paragraph is "following supporter feedback" I hope that explains what I'm trying to say here. 

40 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

She's not on the forum Rob.

The bit you need to pay attention to in that paragraph is "following supporter feedback" I hope that explains what I'm trying to say here. 

Sadly that has confused me a bit. I get that they've surveyed people and discussed things with FAN, that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is claiming that season ticket renewals are saving twenty quid against the cost of PLUS membership when last year - the first year - it was free.

I find that misleading. Because it is.

I know I shouldn't join in but I just can't help it!

Reading this thread has made me smile. There's a touch of 'rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic about it. What I find truly amazing is that anyone wants to renew their Season Card for 2017/18 given the truly awful football that's been served up at Ashton Gate under Lee Johnson this season.

The club has made it clear that Lee Johnson is here to stay so I've just made it clear to the club that I'm not committing my hard-earned cash to funding another Season Card (so they can move my seat to wherever they want)!

13 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

And I've already explained above. We weren't told about this when we had season ticket proposals put in front of the FAN 

Because the fans don't matter. Another kick in the proverbials from the Communist regime!

Additionally, following supporter feedback, we will also be rewarding loyalty by including PLUS membership —
which usually costs £20 per person — for free to everyone who renews during the advanced sales period. PLUS
membership offers 15% discount on food, drink and merchandise at the stadium and two £10 guest tickets for a

I had assumed that Plus was a perk of early renewal? Why were the club planning to charge a £20 SuperFanTax but have now relented? So in a nutshell, they aren't doing anything different to last season but are making it seem like a big giveaway? What a faff. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I had assumed that Plus was a perk of early renewal? Why were the club planning to charge a £20 SuperFanTax but have now relented? So in a nutshell, they aren't doing anything different to last season but are making it seem like a big giveaway? What a faff. 

But with smaller stadiums next season, if you want priority on Bury away, the club can sell you an advantage that came free this season to give you the chance to be amongst the first buying window.

This club is getting to be more like a Sex Pistols mockumentary by the day.

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I didn't even realise it was a plus for early renewal, I thought it was a reward for previously having held a season ticket the season before. If you were renewing you got plus, but if you were a 'brand new off the street' fan you got discount for having a new ST, but not as much as existing ST holders did.

If anything I would like to see these plus members getting upgraded to 20% discount if they renew, 15% for 1 year of loyalty and 10% for all new. Or maybe a gift voucher from the shop or something, £20 off an overpriced shirt wouldn't go amiss, the mark up on the shirts must be huge, selling them at £25 still would net them a nice profit.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I didn't even realise it was a plus for early renewal, I thought it was a reward for previously having held a season ticket the season before. If you were renewing you got plus, but if you were a 'brand new off the street' fan you got discount for having a new ST, but not as much as existing ST holders did.

It was.

So it seems they've changed (or rather tried to change) the offer twice.

Initially, it was a loyalty reward.

Sounds like the club were then planning on making it a chargeable addition.

Now an 'early bird' extra. 

Given the fact that most people have reported issues in getting correct discounts applied, there would be SCENES if people paid extra to then not get reductions.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

If anything I would like to see these plus members getting upgraded to 20% discount if they renew, 15% for 1 year of loyalty and 10% for all new. Or maybe a gift voucher from the shop or something, £20 off an overpriced shirt wouldn't go amiss, the mark up on the shirts must be huge, selling them at £25 still would net them a nice profit.

I'd just like to see a sensible price açross the board, both for seats and refreshments.

All this discount for this, money off for that is a smokescreen for inflated pricing.

How many non ST Holders attend games and buy food and drink inside the ground? It must be relatively few compared to the ST holders who spend money and have to negotiate the various discounts and card showing that slows down the purchase process.

Just set a sensible price all round and have done with it.

Well now here is a surprise - after all is said and done i decided in January not to renew my season ticket in guess where - Hmmmm W17.

Well heres one who does not care but is completely not surprised.

Bristol City have gone down the pan and they are going to have to work very hard to get people like me back.

Oh and by the way - who ever gets my seat - please remember your waders every week - £47m of rubbish - bring back the old AG - the spirit has departed BS3 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was.

So it seems they've changed (or rather tried to change) the offer twice.

Initially, it was a loyalty reward.

Sounds like the club were then planning on making it a chargeable addition.

Now an 'early bird' extra. 

Given the fact that most people have reported issues in getting correct discounts applied, there would be SCENES if people paid extra to then not get reductions.

No such made up nonsense on the rugby club's website. . . 

The season card package will again reward loyalty by including PLUS membership – which usually costs £20 – for free to everyone who renews during the advanced sales period. PLUS membership offers 15% discount on food, drink and merchandise at the stadium and two £10 friends and family tickets for any game during the 2017/18 campaign, plus much more.

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No such made up nonsense on the rugby club's website. . . 

The season card package will again reward loyalty by including PLUS membership – which usually costs £20 – for free to everyone who renews during the advanced sales period. PLUS membership offers 15% discount on food, drink and merchandise at the stadium and two £10 friends and family tickets for any game during the 2017/18 campaign, plus much more.

Except for the usual cost bit.

Loyalty was rewarded with PLUS. It's still being rewarded.  No change.

Archived