IGNORED

W11 & W17 (etc?)

The Original OTIB

1st comment: No it doesn't. The view is better the higher up you are. Some like being lower down: I do not. There are bad seats, particularly behind the "glass" panels.

2nd comment: Er, see my numerous answers. There are 2 to 3 hundred available seats in the pitch side (or near pitch side) seats. As these are so great (your answer 1) then they can go there then can't they. The rocket scientist comment evidences your lack of understanding on that score.

3. I don't begrudge them anything of the sort. See answer 2.

4. You would move to the front 5 rows of the Dolman?

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

1st comment: No it doesn't. The view is better the higher up you are. Some like being lower down: I do not. There are bad seats, particularly behind the "glass" panels.

2nd comment: Er, see my numerous answers. There are 2 to 3 hundred available seats in the pitch side (or near pitch side) seats. As these are so great (your answer 1) then they can go there then can't they. The rocket scientist comment evidences your lack of understanding on that score.

3. I don't begrudge them anything of the sort. See answer 2.

4. You would move to the front 5 rows of the Dolman?

No if I was asked to move to the front 5 rows of dolman I would then move to a similar seat location I currently sit in but in the landsown stand. Lots of options as there are so many seats and views. 

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

The options of which you speak do not exist. The options are inferior since the amount required higher up (it isn't just one seat) are not available. Ergo: no choice.

We agree to disagree, you clearly have choice. It's not inferior it's just your very stubborn !! 

No, I and my fellow ST holders around me DO NOT have a choice. Concentrate: The required amount of seats are NOT available in the upper sections of the lower tier.

If you were told to move to the front 5 rows of the Dolman and there were no other seats on offer in any other block of the upper Doman, would you be happy. No: you would not.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Nobody currently has a season ticket in the upper lansdown so no one in there is being moved out of their seats to accommodate the family area. It's blocks w7-9 that are becoming the family area. 

Oops.... :shifty:

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Nobody currently has a season ticket in the upper lansdown so no one in there is being moved out of their seats to accommodate the family area. It's blocks w7-9 that are becoming the family area. 

5 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Oops.... :shifty:

In fairness to the OP he didn't say he for the family area

Jumped a bit quick there Dolly !

' According to what I've been told, my good seat is going to children bearing flags and other young supporters participating in pre-match and half time ceremonies. '

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In fairness to the OP he didn't say he for the family area

Jumped a bit quick there Dolly !

' According to what I've been told, my good seat is going to children bearing flags and other young supporters participating in pre-match and half time ceremonies. '

And I've already explained above. We weren't told about this when we had season ticket proposals put in front of the FAN 

I've had the same letter. W11 & 17 partially being used for "group experiences" inc the flag bearers so we may want to move is the gist of it.   I'm not wedded to my seat, only been there for a season but will be cheesed off if I can't get something comparable elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

And I've already explained above. We weren't told about this when we had season ticket proposals put in front of the FAN 

Ok ok :blink:

I read that and that's a bit off from club

but I was merely pointing out that the OP didn't moan about being moved for the family area which is how it appears to have been read 

I would have paid more to sit in the Upper Lansdown as I liked the view. I'm guessing it will only be for families though, and they will be towards the front (if they have any sense - as they are the best views). 

40 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Well you told is what block you are in so that gives away where you sit. There's not a bad seat in that stand let alone block.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to   Work out that these kids need to be near the front of the stand etc for ease to get to tunnel etc to wave flags etc. The upper landsown  wouldn't be suitable for that. 

People need to adapt to change and stop being so selfish , you have 27,000 seats to choose from now don't begrudge a few hundred tickets to kids who are helping create a atmosphere and hopefully be the future of the club.

And no I'm not moving, I sit in block e31 dolman have done since 1989, but would happily move for something like this.

No they don't - they cannot sit in the Atyeo as that will be all away supporters, and they cannot sit in upper Lansdown as that is families only. We then have 13,000 seats already taken by season ticket holders. So the number of seats available to him will be in high hundreds, and they are mostly available as they are not the best views.

I've had the same letter and also have to move. I appreciate the club have had to move some fans due to the stadium rebuild but this now is a now step too far for me. 

This is the third time in in 4 or 5 seasons I've been turfed out my seat, this time totally unnecessarily to me!

Like the other chap has said there's a few hundred empty seats at the front of W11 most week so why can't they just put them in there.

Being 6 ft plus I do like to have an end seat but now I'll be lucky to get one even though I was one of the first ones to get a new season ticket in the Lansdown stand when it reopened. Ironically I only chose the seat in W11 because the awful Bristol Sport ticketing system had a glitch and wouldn't let anyone buy tickets in W12 when they first went on sale that morning. 

This could well be the final straw for me. Some might say I'm overreacting but I'm fed up with being shoved from pillar to post by Bristol Sport/City when all I want to do is support my football club! 

Thanks Bristol Sport, there's over £1000 you can say goodbye to from me next season! 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

This is a very concerning move from the club, perhaps an explanation for the change of mind wouldn't be a bad starting point? 

Nothing new from BS I'm afraid. Those of us from the Williams have been shafted for a couple of years. 

First we had last dibs on any tickets in the rest of the ground when the Williams was closed. We were then promised that we would get an equivalent seat back in the new west stand. Then there was the cock up of online booking last season allowing us nothing except  the 2 end blocks (W11 & W17). Hardly the same as being in the old Williams C Block. Eventually after some effort I got into W16 with friends, but obviously some got stuck in W11 or W17. And now they are getting shafted again by BS.

So much for the "customer comes first" but then given what we have been dished up on the pitch that's little surprise either!

23 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I would have paid more to sit in the Upper Lansdown as I liked the view. I'm guessing it will only be for families though, and they will be towards the front (if they have any sense - as they are the best views). 

No they don't - they cannot sit in the Atyeo as that will be all away supporters, and they cannot sit in upper Lansdown as that is families only. We then have 13,000 seats already taken by season ticket holders. So the number of seats available to him will be in high hundreds, and they are mostly available as they are not the best views.

You are having a laugh. 

I think many people are up in arms about moving as they haven't been given the chance to experience these seats, let me explain. Perhaps people are assuming the Family seats will be good/bad for them as they haven't been given an opportunity to try them out.

This applies especially to the upper Lansdown as so few people have been allowed up there, but now the club are expecting people to change to a part of the ground they have never been in, and commit to buying Season Tickets. People can't judge how their youngsters are going to manage the stairs, ( not all of you will be allowed to use the lifts will you) or if the view is too distant to keep limited attention spans from wandering etc. These sort of things should have been available for discussion at an open day type event, from what I can tell the club told FAN a few weeks ago and FAN didn't foresee problems or weren't encouraged to question what was proposed?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think many people are up in arms about moving as they haven't been given the chance to experience these seats, let me explain. Perhaps people are assuming the Family seats will be good/bad for them as they haven't been given an opportunity to try them out.

This applies especially to the upper Lansdown as so few people have been allowed up there, but now the club are expecting people to change to a part of the ground they have never been in, and commit to buying Season Tickets. People can't judge how their youngsters are going to manage the stairs, ( not all of you will be allowed to use the lifts will you) or if the view is too distant to keep limited attention spans from wandering etc. These sort of things should have been available for discussion at an open day type event, from what I can tell the club told FAN a few weeks ago and FAN didn't foresee problems or weren't encouraged to question what was proposed?

?

25 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I've had the same letter and also have to move. I appreciate the club have had to move some fans due to the stadium rebuild but this now is a now step too far for me. 

This is the third time in in 4 or 5 seasons I've been turfed out my seat, this time totally unnecessarily to me!

Like the other chap has said there's a few hundred empty seats at the front of W11 most week so why can't they just put them in there.

Being 6 ft plus I do like to have an end seat but now I'll be lucky to get one even though I was one of the first ones to get a new season ticket in the Lansdown stand when it reopened. Ironically I only chose the seat in W11 because the awful Bristol Sport ticketing system had a glitch and wouldn't let anyone buy tickets in W12 when they first went on sale that morning. 

This could well be the final straw for me. Some might say I'm overreacting but I'm fed up with being shoved from pillar to post by Bristol Sport/City when all I want to do is support my football club! 

Thanks Bristol Sport, there's over £1000 you can say goodbye to from me next season! 

Perhaps, if you're lucky, the Supporter Liaison Officer will see your post and could help to build a bridge between club and fans here.

More than likely if you were to receive any response it would be a completely lopsided defence of this bizarre situation.

@DollymarieI know everything you can question, you do. But just wondering how much the supporters groups were told and how much you could have a say about eg was it a question of ' where would you like to see the Family area located?' Or ' The Family area is going in the Upper Lansdown' . And as now has happened another area of the ground, and more ST holders are bring moved, which you weren't aware of.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

@DollymarieI know everything you can question, you do. But just wondering how much the supporters groups were told and how much you could have a say about eg was it a question of ' where would you like to see the Family area located?' Or ' The Family area is going in the Upper Lansdown' . And as now has happened another area of the ground, and more ST holders are bring moved, which you weren't aware of.

We were told that the family section was moving to where it's going as a result of the questionnaire they sent out to family season ticket holders.

The Atyeo people had a meeting back in January and it was generally agreed that the corner they are moving to was the best option (frankly most just said stop bloody moving us) 

Im trying to check with the other FAN members whether we were told about this other move, because as I said, I'm 99% certain it wasn't mentioned. 

Archived