IGNORED

W11 & W17 (etc?)

The Original OTIB

17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

@RedM we did question things, and one change was made as a result of what the club originally put forward. 

Im 99% sure we weren't told about the information in this thread. Just that the family section/Atyeo people were moving. 

Any news from The Club/Our Supporter Liaison Officer or indeed anyone Dolly? I've emailed again but no response thus far.

Update: they are kicking out 200 (in total) ST holders in W11 and W17. They say we can take another seat. However: The land grab is for the entirety of rows 5 to 16 in each block. That's 592 seats in total. There are only 28 seats available in other sections of W11 and W17 and most are single seats. It now appears that they want a clear area to also cover "group bookings" which may not even occur. Let's be clear on this. 200 ST holders are being unceremoniously turfed out with next to no option in the blocks that they currently occupy.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

thanks Dolly. There's already more than enough free space in rows 5-16 of W11, W12, W16, W17 and that's not including the 167 unsold seats in W10 !

This is COMPLETELY unnecessary, insensitive and downright arrogant.

Can I check where you got the figures from? Genuine question 

22 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Basically there "offer" is an inferior seat or take your chances with the rest in open season. How on earth is that a way to reward a season ticket holder? 

I've spent thousands on City over many decades. This is a kick in the teeth. Yes: encourage kids and get them involved but THERE ARE OPTIONS. They are on a freebie. They can sit in the seats at the front.

You were expecting your loyalty to be rewarded??

Doesn't happen that often,anywhere,ever.. 

The end.

They sent me a link to review what was unsold. However: that was before telling me that rows 5 to 16 were being totally cleared of all ST holders. From the information sold, only 28 seats remain in W11 and W17. W11 alone has over 200 unsold seats in rows 5 to 16 most with 10 or more seats available together. They don't have to move anybody. They did this on the quiet because they thought they would get away with it. It is utterly pointless. The net result is that most in W11 and W17 will have to move out of the stand completely or suffer an inferior view.

40 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Can I check where you got the figures from? Genuine question 

If you log onto the ticket site and look at spare seats for the Barnsley game there are 167 spare seats in W10 (approx. 21 ST seats taken).

W11 is showing 247 spares, nearly all toward the front.

W17 is showing 163, again nearly all toward the front.

That totals over 500 spare seats without moving anyone.........logic?

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Update: they are kicking out 200 (in total) ST holders in W11 and W17. They say we can take another seat. However: The land grab is for the entirety of rows 5 to 16 in each block. That's 592 seats in total. There are only 28 seats available in other sections of W11 and W17 and most are single seats. It now appears that they want a clear area to also cover "group bookings" which may not even occur. Let's be clear on this. 200 ST holders are being unceremoniously turfed out with next to no option in the blocks that they currently occupy.

It gets even worse, doesn't it?!

Reading that it seems there's hardly any other places in the West Stand for the 6 of us to sit together after we've been horsed out our seats?

This club continuously find new ways to kick its loyal supporters in the gonads time and again! 

Sent the club a strongly worded email today registering my disgust at their decision asking them to ring me before Monday to discuss further options.

I doubt they'll even afford me the courtesy of a reply!  

• SC&T Board Members

For information, I can confirm that moving ST holders out of W11 and W17 was not discussed at the FAN meeting on 16th Feb. @AdamB, who subsequently attended the SC&T meeting two weeks later (1st March), tells me that the need for this move arose after the FAN meeting and that at the time of the SC&T meeting he was personally unaware of it, so could not raise it at that meeting either.

Thank you Blagdon, but there is no "need" for this. There are plenty of blocks available from W10,W11 to E34. Nobody needs to be moved at all + are we really to believe that this just suddenly "arose"? What does that about B.S. and B.S. planning? There's more to this. A U turn should happen immediately. Is there pressure in that regard from the supporters groups?

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

No. Lots of email traffic.  They are making up arguments as they go along. I won't let this go. They will be accountable.

I emailed them yesterday and asked them to call me to discuss further options.

They've rang me today but I missed the call whilst at work so waiting for them to call me back.

That's right, there's hardly any remaining seats in the West Stand to choose except single seats (there's 6 of us) unless you want the first few rows or W10. Both of those you're liable to get a soaking if it starts raining as are only partially covered by the roof!

None of these seats are comparable to the ones i'm getting turfed out from through no fault of my own!

I'm a bit peed off about this one to be honest. I like my seat and enjoy the company of those around us who all have black senses of humour which has come in very handy this season. 

I'm debating whether to renew or not anyway re  manager/division playing in, but unless we get equivalent standard seat they can shove it . And I have no desire to sit among hundreds of screaming kids who spend most of the game going to the loo or going to get crisps/fizzy drinks. 

Do other clubs treat supporters like this ? 

Think we need to protest on Friday night and to whome can I email to express my displeasure? 

1 minute ago, redapple said:

I'm a bit peed off about this one to be honest. I like my seat and enjoy the company of those around us who all have black senses of humour which has come in very handy this season. 

I'm debating whether to renew or not anyway re  manager/division playing in, but unless we get equivalent standard seat they can shove it . And I have no desire to sit among hundreds of screaming kids who spend most of the game going to the loo or going to get crisps/fizzy drinks. 

Do other clubs treat supporters like this ? 

Think we need to protest on Friday night and to whome can I email to express my displeasure? 

andrew.billingham@bristol-sport.co.uk

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

doug.harman@bcfc.co.uk

Mark.Kelly@ashtongate.co.uk

rachel.lemar@bristol-sport.co.uk

adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

andrew.billingham@bristol-sport.co.uk

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

doug.harman@bcfc.co.uk

Mark.Kelly@ashtongate.co.uk

rachel.lemar@bristol-sport.co.uk

adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk

You'd have thought our joint SLOs would be a lot more proactive than maybe they are here. Wouldn't you. . . 

Archived