IGNORED

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson thread

Inactive user

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

That's a very big "if" mate.

Of course. If you scroll back through the thread, another poster said that LJ should still apologise for "ballsing up the season" even if we win our last 10 games. My response was "why?" Considering our great start to the season, if we finished it as well as that, then that would give us a slightly less than average season.

2 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

No need mate, worst run in history, 7 times as much spent EVER in one window, new stadium etc etc, everything a manager could dream of. Even if Johnson takes us to win the Champions League, the stick he's got is completely justified.

I don't think it was justified. 

The fans have every right to air their frustrations, but the way some went about it was disgusting imo.

Without having s full post mortem right now imo every single person involved in the first team have to take the blame, not just Lj but each and every one of them has to be accountable. 

It's surprised me how much the players have not faced any backlash whilst LJ received 100% of the blame.

If we can get through this season I believe we will be better for the experience next season.

The money we have spent this season is mainly for the future. I have always believed those investments will pay off in the future.

Unfortunately LJ was hated as a player by many, everything was his fault. A section of our fanbase will always have a certain individual to have a pop at any given time.

When Lj was appointed manager I was worried the LJ haters would be out in force again and that's proven to be the case.

As you admit, LJ could bring is glories yet in some people's eyes he will never be able to do any good.

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Would you have had us down for a 4-0 win tonight?

Anything can happen in those 3 games. I just hope we don't have to rely on other teams losing in order for us to stay up.....I'd like to think we can win a few more games and actually deserve to stay up.

Looking at form over 6 games, City are starting to move things in the right direction and I'm hoping that we've turned a corner.

Blackburn 10 out of 18   Preston 11 out of 18

Forest 4 out of 18 Derby 5 out of 18 - it will be interesting to see if all the praise given to Rowette by some posters is deserved

Burton 10 from 18 Brentford 10 from 18

Across the board, looks like they are all evenly matched.

Personal view, Forest and Burton look vulnerable. I just can't make a call on Blackburn.

51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Exactly. 

If Forest, Burton and Blackburn all pick up points tomorrow, this win doesn't count for too much.

One if those weekends where all four of us have home games. Ours looked the hardest. Would have settled this round for the table to finish exactly as it was when it started. That is now the worst case scenario. I will take that.

24 minutes ago, cityexile said:

One if those weekends where all four of us have home games. Ours looked the hardest. Would have settled this round for the table to finish exactly as it was when it started. That is now the worst case scenario. I will take that.

At least our points from this weekend's games are already banked.

The teams around us wouldn't have expected us to thrash Huddersfield in the manner that we did. I don't think anyone did.

5 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

...yet in the Huddersfield match day thread, you posted pre-kick off:

"Hate to say it but we're gonna get absolutely bummed." Post 110 on page 3 of the thread.

So you obviously had zero confidence in our Head Coach and team tonight.....so are you gonna apologise?

4 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

And if we win our last 8 matches, we'll have been on a 10 match winning streak, therefore making it quite a bit less of a disaster.

Less? agreed.

But good to see you acknowledge a 'disaster' none the less. 

8 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Not apologising for anything. I hope Johnson keeps us up.......and then SL had the balls to appoint a better Manager. We could be back in the relegation zone at 4.45pm today, unlikely but could be. So miracle worker Johnson hasn't achieved anything in my book.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...yet in the Huddersfield match day thread, you posted pre-kick off:

"Hate to say it but we're gonna get absolutely bummed." Post 110 on page 3 of the thread.

So you obviously had zero confidence in our Head Coach and team tonight.....so are you gonna apologise?

Yes. I was wrong. And I'm delighted! Sorry LJ.

11 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We  have  had the squad to do this all season but thanks to Johnson constant changes and lack of any consistent and clear tactical approach we are where we are. Hopefully at last the penny has dropped for him but time will tell. But well done to the team last  night a brilliant performance. Let's just hope he sticks with them for the next game. 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not apologising for anything. I hope Johnson keeps us up.......and then SL had the balls to appoint a better Manager. We could be back in the relegation zone at 4.45pm today, unlikely but could be. So miracle worker Johnson hasn't achieved anything in my book.

Agreed.

There are bigger challenges to come, tonight to an extent was a free hit, sure we needed the points but it was not a game against a relegation rival e.g. Blackburn, where the nerves will be very apparent.

We played very well last night against a team that were not as good as I expected, and the injury may  well have effected them.

Nothing has been achieved tonight, still a long way to go. If we do stay up he still needs to go, we should be nowhere near the situation we are in and, as said by many, this league is no place for apprentices.

My thoughts towards Lee is:

Is he the bus driver who has not long passed his driving test, has lost control of his vehicle, has been careering dangerously along the motor way and he has only ....just.... managed to control it in time to avoid disastrously ramming into the central reservation .....for now, or

the confident cliff jumper who was counting on learning to fly on the way down, but has only just managed to get the hang of the basics to avoid plummeting head first into the ground.

Bus Driver?

Cliff Jumper?

Messiah?

Naughty boy?

Or maybe some other occupation?

14 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Are you man enough to apologise for this thread?

I fully expect this to be a false dawn. I hope to be proven wrong, but one game isn't enough to make me change my mind.

Yes, LJ got it right for once.

No, I'm still not going.

14 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

It's a bit early for apologies after one game but , what a performance !! I have been very critical of LJ since Fulham game and still want him gone. I will say though that I would love him to prove me wrong and have to eat the biggest humble pie ever made. Also, perhaps we were wrong about Pembo going . That defensive performance , especially the full backs , a massive weakness all season was absolutely superb. Korey was outstanding as was joe . Joe never dropped off his man as he usually does and basically a rounded proper full back performance. Prove me wrong LJ please. 

18 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Dear Lee,

Apologies that I ever doubted Uncle Steve's decision to allow you to take us to within one point of relegation.

Yours,

Archived