IGNORED

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson thread

Inactive user

21 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

But are huge swathes of fans withdrawing support?  I'll be interested in the ST sales.

Honestly think sales will be way down to be honest. Last year things were turning around and renewing Season tickets seemed worth it... this year is a different story. 

6 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

Honestly think sales will be way down to be honest. Last year things were turning around and renewing Season tickets seemed worth it... this year is a different story. 

Understand.  But I'd be willing to bet that they'll be down by no more than c5%

17 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Understand.  But I'd be willing to bet that they'll be down by no more than c5%

You are confusing loyalty to the club with loyalty to the regime.

The fans have been here before LJ and will be here after; the fact is that supporting City by buying a season ticket is a more complex transaction than simply 'thumb up/down' on the current manager.

In fact the 5% drop you predict would be significant for us - if we've around 14k season tickets now that is then down closer to 13k, and if we were to get relegated, that coupled with a loss of earnings based on the league we were in would impact us.

The only gauge on how the manager is doing is how the team is doing, and that is abjectly.

Unless the reaction against Preston is as impressive as the performance against Huddersfield, and we are able to get a result to make up for how awful we were at Brentford, then I'm afraid that all LJ has proven is that his players are so keen not to play for him they'll only turn up when live TV cameras are present (and I fully expect a mass exodus this summer if LJ is still here, regardless of division; it doesn't take an expect to see the players don't want to play for him).

We go down, and LJ will rightfully take his place alongside some of the worst managers we've ever had.  Keep us up, and he'll need to see us thrash several more teams before May arrives to position himself much better.

8 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

But are huge swathes of fans withdrawing support?  I'll be interested in the ST sales.

I too would be interested to see the figures but I doubt we will. I would imagine there would be some announcement about sales but the amount of spin involved would make any reader dizzy. They won't publish any negative figures even though sales will be down IMHO.

I have a feeling your 5% may be slightly on the low side WTGR, not by much but I wouldn't be surprised to see the figure nearer 10% WTGR, if we actually hear a figure at all. A lot of fans appear to be saying 'no' this time.

9 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

So a loss of only 700 Season tickets is all you think city will lose? 

I think it'll be a bigger drop then that.

I also think it has the potential for a bigger drop but we won't know just yet.

I have not renewed, so I may lose my seat, but will renew if we avoid relegation or I will renew if we drop to League 1 and Johnson is replaced.

I guess final numbers won't be known until league and/or coach for next season are confirmed.

Just now, Red Grovesy said:

I also think it has the potential for a bigger drop but we won't know just yet.

I have not renewed, so I may lose my seat, but will renew if we avoid relegation or I will renew if we drop to League 1 and Johnson is replaced.

I guess final numbers won't be known until league and/or coach for next season are confirmed.

Exactly I think the club is obviously aware and putting a hard shift in to sell tickets. 

I think the sentiment you have is shared by many fans as well.

Final numbers will be told Just before the season starts unless they have a good sales period. 

Archived