IGNORED

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson thread

Inactive user

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Johnson deserves credit tonight

I thought that, but then thought was it the tombola that deserved some credit? Seriously though I thought his formation and team selection was spot on. A really good team performance.

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

Behave yourself. I'm stupid enough to book tickets for Brentford. I'm stupid enough to want a new season ticket...

But........

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

The whole lot of them restored a fair bit of pride tonight.

Johnson deserves credit tonight - let's hope with Wigan it's the start of the upturn.  Johnson still has a lot to prove after what we've been through, but this was a very good performance.

i thought we were professional tonight.  We broke up their fluidity with petty fouls at the start of the second half.  We had a couple of injuries around the hour....I think purposely to break up the play, whilst also giving Tomlin a breather.

He's listening to his dad (get well soon, GJ) at last. Or Warnock. Or someone.

It is a simple and pretty basic game in this country!

Me too.

Johnson deserves credit tonight - let's hope with Wigan it's the start of the upturn.  Johnson still has a lot to prove after what we've been through, but this was a very good performance.

i thought we were professional tonight.  We broke up their fluidity with petty fouls at the start of the second half.  We had a couple of injuries around the hour....I think purposely to break up the play, whilst also giving Tomlin a breather.

All day long. Game management. Game management. Game management. We absolutely messed that 2nd half right up and they never got any tempo or fluidity. For once i actually beleived we were going to see it out.......

Me too.

Absolutely bang on Dave. It grinds my gears that we don't do the nasty/professional things enough, but we were bang on tonight. Little things like Korey pulling shorts near the half way line, never going to get booked. Bryan stepping across his man out wide, even things like picking up the ball and running 5 yards, little things but breaks up momentum. We are awful at this type of stuff normally, maybe the penny has dropped. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

and the teams around us get there chance tomorrow...........to put us back to where we were a few hrs ago.

Well played tonight though, far from out of the woods, just a step along the path.........it aint over yet.

Exactly. 

If Forest, Burton and Blackburn all pick up points tomorrow, this win doesn't count for too much.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Exactly. 

If Forest, Burton and Blackburn all pick up points tomorrow, this win doesn't count for too much.

Well that's not true is it?!!

Any 3 points count, don't they?

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Well that's not true is it?!!

Any 3 points count, don't they?

I almost agree, but.....

If they all win, We won't be in a better position tomorrow night than we were before the Huddersfield game as we'll have one game less to play.

I almost agree, but.....

If they all win, We won't be in a better position tomorrow night than we were before the Huddersfield game as we'll have one game less to play.

Yep,but if we'd lost tonight and they all win tomorrow we'd be worse off, ergo tonight's win does count for much.

Not rocket salad is it??!!!!

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Really??? We'd be right up shit creak if we hadn't won tonight... 2 wins on the bounce...happy ******* days I say :)...

If the others around us drop points today (Saturday) then yes.

If they all win, then it's a different story.

If the others around us drop points today (Saturday) then yes.

If they all win, then it's a different story.

Although I can see one out of the 3 winning, can't say that all of them would win.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yep,but if we'd lost tonight and they all win tomorrow we'd be worse off, ergo tonight's win does count for much.

Not rocket salad is it??!!!!

But we didn't lose last night.

Those 3 points may still see us in the bottom 3 tomorrow with one less game to play.

I'm not knocking the win, just looking at it from a different angle.

1 minute ago, bcfcfinker said:

Although I can see one out of the 3 winning, can't say that all of them would win.

Would you have had us down for a 4-0 win tonight?

Anything can happen in those 3 games. I just hope we don't have to rely on other teams losing in order for us to stay up.....I'd like to think we can win a few more games and actually deserve to stay up.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

But we didn't lose last night.

Those 3 points may still see us in the bottom 3 tomorrow with one less game to play.

I'm not knocking the win, just looking at it from a different angle.

A pretty obtuse angle from where I'm sat. But knock yourself out if misery is your bag. 

I'll go from the angle that we're 3 points better off than we were 24 hours ago. 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

A pretty obtuse angle from where I'm sat. But knock yourself out if misery is your bag. 

I'll go from the angle that we're 3 points better off than we were 24 hours ago. 

Not just the three points (Which are vital) - the performance and togetherness might be the most valuable part of tonight 

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

I think we can all see that mate.

But in 24 hours time we could be back to where we were 48 hours ago.....in the bottom 3.

Please note.....I'm saying "could".

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not just the three points (Which are vital) - the performance and togetherness might be the most valuable part of tonight 

Just hope it continues as we all know the players can perform much better than they have been recently.

Last night every single player looked 'the part' and played their 'part'.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think we can all see that mate.

But in 24 hours time we could be back to where we were 48 hours ago.....in the bottom 3.

Please note.....I'm saying "could".

Could is good. I like could. 

Archived