IGNORED

Last night's attendance

Aizoon

Every club counts tickets sold, there were nearly 17000 tickets sold for a team in the bottom three, in awful weather, live on Tv, with a modest away support. Why do some fans feel the need to moan? The support for City this season has been nothing short of amazing COYR.

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Every club counts tickets sold, there were nearly 17000 tickets sold for a team in the bottom three, in awful weather, live on Tv, with a modest away support. Why do some fans feel the need to moan? The support for City this season has been nothing short of amazing COYR.

Including season tickets, which is... 14k? 3k ticket sales isn't great 

23 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Haven't seen the official figure (17,000 anybody?) but anyone care to guess the real figure?

Lansdown Upper - Empty

LansdownLower - Half at most (so 3,500 max?)

South Stand - A little over half maybe (3,500?)

Dolman (I'm in it so don't know but usually the most populated so say two thirds - 4,000?)

Atyeo - One third at most - 1,500?

TOTAL - 12,500

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Lansdown Upper - Empty

LansdownLower - Half at most (so 3,500 max?)

South Stand - A little over half maybe (3,500?)

Dolman (I'm in it so don't know but usually the most populated so say two thirds - 4,000?)

Atyeo - One third at most - 1,500?

TOTAL - 12,500

That's dreadful and hopefully the message of supporter dissatisfaction will make it up to whoever the board room bean counter is!

13 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Depends which way you look at it.

For a bottom 3 club playing on a Friday night at home to a team who have only lost twice since we last played them in December....with the game on SKY, I think a lower number of ticket sales is to be expected.

14000 STs sold in the first is very good, whether they all attended last night or not.

I'd say it was about 15,000 And as shelts said, that's a good crowd. Many times in our history attendance has fallen when we're doing badly, but this season few have voted with their feet. Amazing patience. Some were missing last night, but I doubt they'll miss the next one if we avoid defeats at Brentford and PNE. It's all very well and good "protesting" but if you drift back again cos we're doing better.... If yr gonna stay away, do it till Johnson's gone.

36 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

You're not going to get a lot of POTD sales for a game on Sky, and you can't blame people for that. If you're not a STH then you will pick and choose your games, and it makes perfect sense not to choose a game you can watch on the telly.

I aim for about 8 home games a season - this one was never going to make the shortlist.

Even if there were only 13-14k in the ground, would we have got that a few years ago with the team in the relegation zone, for a game on Sky, on a Friday night? I don't think so. We are already taking the improvement in our attendances for granted.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You're not going to get a lot of POTD sales for a game on Sky, and you can't blame people for that. If you're not a STH then you will pick and choose your games, and it makes perfect sense not to choose a game you can watch on the telly.

I aim for about 8 home games a season - this one was never going to make the shortlist.

Even if there were only 13-14k in the ground, would we have got that a few years ago with the team in the relegation zone, for a game on Sky, on a Friday night? I don't think so. We are already taking the improvement in our attendances for granted.

Agreed, never said it was bad, just pointing out it wasn't great/figures were skewed.

32 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Lansdown Upper - Empty

LansdownLower - Half at most (so 3,500 max?) 3,000

South Stand - A little over half maybe (3,500?) 3,750

Dolman (I'm in it so don't know but usually the most populated so say two thirds - 4,000?) 5,500

Atyeo - One third at most - 1,500? 1,750

TOTAL - 12,500

My "guestimate figures" in red total 14,000 which, if correct, means that approximately 2,900 who had bought match tickets or ST's did not attend. Whether the foul weather, live on Sky or a "boycott" vote against LJ, who knows.

I boycotted the Norwich game but having realised that LJ will be with us for a while whether I like it or not, I went and am glad I did. An entertaining game instead of the turgid dross and the bonus is the three points. 

3 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Is the thing about st holders being counted even when not showing up true? Would have thought with electronic gates it would be very quick and easy to check the real attendance.

It is true. The club will also know how many people are actually in the ground, they'd need to know that for safety reasons. These days they'll also almost certainly know who they are. For the attendance they quote tickets sold, which naturally is a higher number and more impressive.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Officially 16,984. Must have been a fair bit lower than that in terms of actual attendees though.

Not a very good attendance and proof that supporters are voting with their feet in regard to how the club is being run.

So nothing to do with game being live on Sky and many fans decided to watch the game in the pub and clubs then?

Add to that a wet and miserable night and you have good reasons for a relatively low attendance.

The proof that fans are voting with their feet is absolute nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It is true. The club will also know how many people are actually in the ground, they'd need to know that for safety reasons. These days they'll also almost certainly know who they are. For the attendance they quote tickets sold, which naturally is a higher number and more impressive.

They have to know and announce the correct figure or the ground will be closed and liecnse to hold sporting events revoked 

if 17k was announced then 17k was there

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

They have to know and announce the correct figure or the ground will be closed and liecnse to hold sporting events revoked 

if 17k was announced then 17k was there

I don't think that's correct. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I don't think that's correct. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

Health and safety mate, you can't lie about those figures, if an incident were to happen and we are lying about something as trivial as that then we are in a world of shit,

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Health and safety mate, you can't lie about those figures, if an incident were to happen and we are lying about something as trivial as that then we are in a world of shit,

This is an interesting read...this is what I assume to be the case.

https://medium.com/@peterkwells/football-attendance-figures-are-inaccurate-and-don-t-tell-the-whole-story-b4e3f4859648#.axlr6eaxf

I appreciate what you say about H&S. But the actual attendance numbers needn't be those announced in order for the safety authorities to know who is there on the night. Two different things - tickets sales and bodies in the seats.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They aren't lying, they are working within the rules, announced attendance = tickets sold, real attendance which the club must know = bodies through the turnstiles.

Archived