IGNORED

Jamie McAllister

paulcityfan

Great win, great performance. All looking better since JM joined the dug out.  Great player for us with fire, motivation and organisational skills.  Surely no coincidence that the players suddenly know what they are supposed to be doing after months of acting like a circus show

13 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Great win, great performance. All looking better since JM joined the dug out.  Great player for us with fire, motivation and organisational skills.  Surely no coincidence that the players suddenly know what they are supposed to be doing after months of acting like a circus show

This is a very good point and shows that maybe Lee has good judgement of what is needed.  We seem to be able to get away with blank sheets since JM became the defensive coach.  It also means that we have more of our better ex players in management positions - a bit like Liverpool used to do.  I can't wait to renew the season tickets for next season!

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

This is a very good point and shows that maybe Lee has good judgement of what is needed.  We seem to be able to get away with blank sheets since JM became the defensive coach.  It also means that we have more of our better ex players in management positions - a bit like Liverpool used to do.  I can't wait to renew the season tichkets for next season!

And then twist the positive influence of Jamie McAllister into a pro-Johnson statement. FFS mate

2 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

And then twist the positive influence of Jamie McAllister into a pro-Johnson statement. FFS mate

You may well be right - but good management is about creating a blend of people that works!  JM may just be an improvement on the previous blend - he is certainly City through and through and was a good player for us.  Early days yet - but also early promise in Lee's new blend!

How about playing round pegs in round holes - more or less? We went back to the set up we had at our best in the first ten or so games of the season, playing a 4-2-3-1. Also the spine of the team works with Fielding, Flint, O'Neil, Tomlin, and Abraham, experience, determination and a bit of class. Cotterill played where he should be on the right but not a wing back, likewise O'Dowda on the left. As for the full backs, a minor gripe as they both played well by I don't think either of them are best employed in those positions.

What it underlines is that we have always had the players, but all the chopping and changing of team selection and formation has been a real negative. Perhaps all it took was a bit of confidence from a win at Wigan and being on live TV to get the team going again. Or maybe the coaching team finally know how to motivate the players? Whatever, it's the best performance and result in ages, at just the right time. If we got to see that every home game, there would be no question of renewing season tickets or not!

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So JM is now the manager and not JP!!! 

Seriously, we now have people trying to blame JP for the mess LJ created, you couldn't make it up.

You just did make it up.  I can't see anywhere in this thread anyone is blaming JP.  Only positives about JM

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So JM is now the manager and not JP!!! 

Seriously, we now have people trying to blame JP for the mess LJ created, you couldn't make it up.

Not sure anyone is actually saying that. Even the few remaining Johnson supporters know he's made huge mistakes.

But it's undeniable that we look better defensively since JM came into the first team set up. 

Could well be coincidence - time will tell. It's nice to see us keeping clean sheets. 

1 minute ago, paulcityfan said:

You just did make it up.  I can't see anywhere in this thread anyone is blaming JP.  Only positives about JM

Well you said that "players suddenly know what they are supposed to be doing after months of it looking like a circus show". That's the managers fault not JP's. Or do you believe JP had the final say on tactics?

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Well you said that "players suddenly know what they are supposed to be doing after months of it looking like a circus show". That's the managers fault not JP's. Or do you believe JP had the final say on tactics?

We do know he conducted a lot of the training. 

30 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

How about playing round pegs in round holes - more or less? We went back to the set up we had at our best in the first ten or so games of the season, playing a 4-2-3-1. Also the spine of the team works with Fielding, Flint, O'Neil, Tomlin, and Abraham, experience, determination and a bit of class. Cotterill played where he should be on the right but not a wing back, likewise O'Dowda on the left. As for the full backs, a minor gripe as they both played well by I don't think either of them are best employed in those positions.

What it underlines is that we have always had the players, but all the chopping and changing of team selection and formation has been a real negative. Perhaps all it took was a bit of confidence from a win at Wigan and being on live TV to get the team going again. Or maybe the coaching team finally know how to motivate the players? Whatever, it's the best performance and result in ages, at just the right time. If we got to see that every home game, there would be no question of renewing season tickets or not!

I wasn't there last night and don't have Sky, so can't comment on the performances...but precisely the same thought had struck me...we played more or less this formation at the start of the season, and for much of the time have had more or less these players available. Hats off to LJ and Jamie Mac if they've found the winning formula, but I think many of us have suspected that it was there all along...particularly the spine, as you say.

Players to fit a formation and style of play not the other way around !!

Think LJ got caught up in the England National team trap of trying to cram his best 11 individuals into the side and thus creating a disorganised and confused mess.

Perhaps it was JM that advised him to get back to a single formation with players to suit. ?

Anyway coincidence, placebo effect or whatever it is currently working.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You seem to have a John Pemberton fixation.  Nowhere has there been any mention of him.  For the record I do think not think the current manager Lee Johnson will ever 'have it' - the gift that makes a great man manager.  I do think Jamie McAllister however just might have.  I have always wondered why Scotland produced so many, and such a long line, of great man managers. 

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I wasn't there last night and don't have Sky, so can't comment on the performances...but precisely the same thought had struck me...we played more or less this formation at the start of the season, and for much of the time have had more or less these players available. Hats off to LJ and Jamie Mac if they've found the winning formula, but I think many of us have suspected that it was there all along...particularly the spine, as you say.

Two players that make this formation work is GON and Tomlin. For whatever reasons both have been absent for chunks of the season.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Two players that make this formation work is GON and Tomlin. For whatever reasons both have been absent for chunks of the season.

Agreed, for me Tomlin either plays in this role or not at all. Gave the ball away a lot last night but was a constant menace and creative.

3 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

You seem to have a John Pemberton fixation.  Nowhere has there been any mention of him.  For the record I do think not think the current manager Lee Johnson will ever 'have it' - the gift that makes a great man manager.  I do think Jamie McAllister however just might have.  I have always wondered why Scotland produced so many, and such a long line, of great man managers. 

No JP fixation mate, just a realisation that LJ wants to take all the plaudits when things are going well, but blames his number 2 when things are shite. JM was a very good pro and may well be a decent coach, it wouldn't surprise me at all if SL has issued instructions to LJ, along the lines of, if you want a new number 2 then you should take notice of what he has to say. Because SL clearly is now aware that LJ isn't good enough to call all of the shots.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

No JP fixation mate, just a realisation that LJ wants to take all the plaudits when things are going well, but blames his number 2 when things are shite. JM was a very good pro and may well be a decent coach, it wouldn't surprise me at all if SL has issued instructions to LJ, along the lines of, if you want a new number 2 then you should take notice of what he has to say. Because SL clearly is now aware that LJ isn't good enough to call all of the shots.

OK I'd go along with that

29 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

LJ wants to take all the plaudits?

Blames his number 2?

SL is aware isn't good enough to call the shots?

And you know all this how exactly?

Quite frankly you don't because it's all made up bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

This is what happens when people turn into anti-Johnson zealots. Predicable, boring, and not really debatable. Everything will get twisted to try to present LJ in the most negative light possible. I think it's turning me pro-Johnson.

55 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Blames his number two? Not really. He planned on making a change to the coaching set-up in the summer, the board came to LJ and proposed they make an earlier change as things weren't working. Absolutely nothing against Pembo but he was reportedly the defensive coach after all. Pembo leaves, Macca comes in and we've got 3 clean sheets in 4 games. It's totally fair that LJ gets to select his own coaching staff.

I find it baffling that some still want to twist this into another anti-LJ post instead of eating some humble pie.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

This is what happens when people turn into anti-Johnson zealots. Predicable, boring, and not really debatable. Everything will get twisted to try to present LJ in the most negative light possible. I think it's turning me pro-Johnson.

If someone can point me in the direction of an LJ interview where he takes all the credit for our recent form and then blames Pembo for our bad form plus an interview with SL saying he knows LJ isn't good enough to call the shots I'll quite happily issue a sincere apology. 

But none of these interviews exist because neither of these things have happened.

People just make shit up to try and strengthen their arguments. The worst thing is hoe these things are presented as cold hard facts without any tangible evidence of it being true.

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

LJ wants to take all the plaudits?

Blames his number 2?

SL is aware isn't good enough to call the shots?

And you know all this how exactly?

Oh dear!! Of course your going to call it bullshit, LJ is your God, so anything that questions the almighty doesn't sit well with you!

LJ wants to take all the praise when we win ( or even draw!) a game.

When we lose it's always the players fault.

We win 2 games in 5 months and he gets shot of his assistant.

Its damn obvious that SL knows he isn't good enough, the last 5 months prove it. But he won't sack him because he's his, and his son's mate.

Bullshit to you, the truth to me.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Blames his number two? Not really. He planned on making a change to the coaching set-up in the summer, the board came to LJ and proposed they make an earlier change as things weren't working. Absolutely nothing against Pembo but he was reportedly the defensive coach after all. Pembo leaves, Macca comes in and we've got 3 clean sheets in 4 games. It's totally fair that LJ gets to select his own coaching staff.

If anything I'm pissed off LJ wanted to give Pembo til the end of the season. 

Once he made the decision he should have got rid of him there and then and maybe some of the results could have been avoided but we will never know for sure.

Just like his Dad his main weakness is his loyalty. 

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I find it baffling that some still want to twist this into another anti-LJ post instead of eating some humble pie.

You actually believe the spin the club told you. How long did it take them to make the announcement? People on here told us JP had been sacked 2 days before the club told us. This gave them time to make a story up.

Humble pie?????? We won last night, I'm thrilled to bits. 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

You actually believe the spin the club told you. How long did it take them to make the announcement? People on here told us JP had been sacked 2 days before the club told us. This gave them time to make a story up.

Oh you're one of the paranoid, anti-Johnson conspiracy theorists? Makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Oh dear!! Of course your going to call it bullshit, LJ is your God, so anything that questions the almighty doesn't sit well with you!

LJ wants to take all the praise when we win ( or even draw!) a game.

When we lose it's always the players fault.

We win 2 games in 5 months and he gets shot of his assistant.

Its damn obvious that SL knows he isn't good enough, the last 5 months prove it. But he won't sack him because he's his, and his son's mate.

Bullshit to you, the truth to me.

If you look above you will see I've posted some criticisms of LJ!!  Soo hardly a God!!

As I've said many times I've been on the fence for a while. The only reason I do not want him to be sacked is because I want us to stop being a club that sacks managers because that clearly doesn't work. This way might not work either but it's worth a go.

Again you still haven't presented any evidence apart from saying your words are true facts.

Saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true.

To end this debate, if SL thought he wasn't good enough he would have been sacked along time ago, the fact he wasn't actually suggests the complete opposite to what you think and that is that SL has faith in LJs ability as manager. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If anything I'm pissed off LJ wanted to give Pembo til the end of the season. 

Haha, you actually believe what LJ is telling you! I'm fn staggered you have the nerve to try and blame the last 5 months on someone other than LJ, you can fool yourself, just don't try and think the rest of us can't see what your trying to do though ;)

For whatever reason, we've picked up 7 points in 9 since JP was replaced by JM. Was Pemberton the real bad egg in the camp rather than Johnson? Is McCallister a tactical genius? Have the players suddenly bucked up their ideas after realising LJ is going nowhere? Is it all a mere co-incidence? Will the loss of Pemberton end up relegating us? Well, rather than making up a bullshit scenario to suit my agenda, I'm going to say that I have no bloody idea! Who the hell knows? And I dont care either. Thats for them behind the scenes to sort out. We are winning again and long may it continue,

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

MA said something about contracts, what's so hard to believe about that? 

Extremely plausible. 

Archived