IGNORED

Jamie McAllister

paulcityfan

50 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

So what do you put our form down to since he left? Coincidence?

Oh come on, really! Who has managed us all season? Are you saying that JM is managing us now?

Its great that JM seems to have had a positive start as no 2, but all your inferring is that LJ hasn't been capable of managing for 5 months.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Oh come on, really! Who has managed us all season? Are you saying that JM is managing us now?

Its great that JM seems to have had a positive start as no 2, but all your inferring is that LJ hasn't been capable of managing for 5 months.

It's a team effort, manager, coaches and players. LJ recieved criticism when things were bad but also deserves credit when things have improved recently. McAllister has come in and had a beneficial effect which suggests it was the right move to make. I really don't see what point you're trying to make? We know we've been through a horrid 5 months but we've made positive progress in recent weeks which coincides with Pemberton leaving and McAllister coming in to the coaching set-up. Why some can't admit that is beyond me.

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So you're actually giving credit to LJ for the turn around? 

26 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Please can people stop using this argument. It is so ignorant.

A) We've spent a tiny fraction of the championships transfer spend, just to keep up. Around £12m of £300m. And that is basically two summer transfer windows worth because we were so behind following the Steve Cotterill summer transfer debacle. So Approx: £7m per summer = in the bottom half of championship spenders.

B) Either-way as has been pointed out time and time again, money doesn't always buy you success in this division:

• Aston Villa £80m spent = around £10 Million per point more than us so far this season.
  • Wolves £30m spent = around £20 million per point more than us. 

What should that spend have bought us then?

Peace of mind 'sandro. Comfortably midtable, trying to finish 12th, not 21st. Some blue sky between us and minnows Burton. A season without a club record run of consecutive defeats. The "energy" the HC has so frequently sought and referenced. Some lively home performances - like last night! And a nice little cup run. 

Too much to ask?!

5 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

So your actually giving credit to LJ for the turn around? 

Yes, looking at the season overall, including the bright start (as far as results go), the record breaking slump, and the recent mini-revival, I give credit for our current position of 19th (a place below last season's final place) and one point above the bottom three to LJ. 

31 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's a team effort, manager, coaches and players. LJ recieved criticism when things were bad but also deserves credit when things have improved recently. McAllister has come in and had a beneficial effect which suggests it was the right move to make. I really don't see what point you're trying to make? We know we've been through a horrid 5 months but we've made positive progress in recent weeks which coincides with Pemberton leaving and McAllister coming in to the coaching set-up. Why some can't admit that is beyond me.

You know exactly what point I'm making, because you keep questioning me over it. I will spell it out for you if you like!

The problem isn't with any assistant, it's with the person who has been making all the decisions for 5-6 months.

The way your talking is as if were mid table now. Unfortunately we're not, we are in a serious relegation battle.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

You know exactly what point I'm making, because you keep questioning me over it. I will spell it out for you if you like!

The problem isn't with any assistant, it's with the person who has been making all the decisions for 5-6 months.

The way your talking is as if were mid table now. Unfortunately we're not, we are in a serious relegation battle.

I really don't because everyone knows that the last 4-5 months have been bad, not exactly groundbreaking news. But we've been making positive strides recently which you are trying to twist into a negative and making out Pemberton leaving to be something worse than results suggest.

I've not spoken like we're mid-table, absolutely no idea what you're on about. If I'm coming across that way, you're coming across as if we're rock bottom on 17 points like Rotherham, and not 4 games unbeaten along with 3 clean sheets having just beat the form team in the division 4-0! You're just anti-LJ and don't seem happy that we've done well over recent games.

19 minutes ago, Judda said:

I think last night was a great win with 4 good goals but also the best defensive display of the season against a free scoring side like htfc... could be coincidence that it's after sacking defence coach Pembo...?

Huddersfield have scored 47, third lowest in top half of the Championship. We've scored 50. 

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I really don't because everyone knows that the last 4-5 months have been bad, not exactly groundbreaking news. But we've been making positive strides recently which you are trying to twist into a negative and making out Pemberton leaving to be something worse than results suggest.

I've not spoken like we're mid-table, absolutely no idea what you're on about. If I'm coming across that way, you're coming across as if we're rock bottom on 17 points like Rotherham, and not 4 games unbeaten along with 3 clean sheets having just beat the form team in the division 4-0! You're just anti-LJ and don't seem happy that we've done well over recent games.

I'm more than happy we're winning games, it's bloody obvious I am, I'm a City fan.

I don't believe he's the manager to take us forward though, I've already stated I liked him as a player. 

As a manager I would say his record speaks for itself, simply not good enough. If that makes me anti LJ then so be it. 

I would say exactly the same about any manager who has been given massive resources, signs 19 players, but can't fathom out how to use them correctly.

18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Would you agree with the following?

A defensive coach, who, for 3 out of 4 seasons was producing bad defensive results, under 3 different managers (which suggests there was more than just bad management), should at the very least, be concerned with the safety of his job?

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm more than happy we're winning games, it's bloody obvious I am, I'm a City fan.

I don't believe he's the manager to take us forward though, I've already stated I liked him as a player. 

As a manager I would say his record speaks for itself, simply not good enough. If that makes me anti LJ then so be it. 

I would say exactly the same about any manager who has been given massive resources, signs 19 players, but can't fathom out how to use them correctly.

Yes, it was a terrible run we went on but we seem to be going in the right direction currently. I just can't grasp why people feel the need to continue being negative after the last few games. Completely understand the frustrations in the midst of the losing run but don't see the point in negativity when the signs are looking much more positive. Especially when your grievance about Pembo contradicts your point, as we've done better since Macca came in.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-city/

What part of a 1.375 point per game average (or 63 points over the course of 46 games, average) is "simply not good enough"? 63 points last year was a top 10 finish, that is LJs record here.

The fact that all our bad results came in a big chunk has made it all seem a lot worse than it was and by all coming in one big chunk in one season it made our situation very bad.
If that run was spread over 2 seasons the effect would have been halved and we'd likely (based on his actual record) be looking at a midtable result come the end of the season.

You know what?

I have reconsidered what has happened this season, and having had it properly explained to me, I think we have just been unlucky, and Lee has done a 'great' job.

1) He has not been allowed to sign any players - this is a myth.

2) He has had the smallest transfer budget in the division.

3) If it was not for the backroom staff he inherited we would be challenging for the play-offs

4) The fact we have had Tammy on loan actually has disrupted the side (in order to accommodate him), and we have not been reliant on the goals from a player we don't own.

5) The record breaking losing run has now been proven to be John Pemberton's fault - thanks to the posters above for explaining this, as I had real difficulty understanding this. THANK YOU.

6) Many of us have been plain WRONG in doubting that Lee will have us in Europe within the next three years.

Lee? 

Please accept my apology for all the wrong things I have said about you. Please stay as City manager for as long as you wish, and in any event, at least the next five seasons.

Contract extension in the post, AND I will personally start a thread advocating this today.

:me?:

Artist formerly known as 'tfj'

32 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What part of a 1.375 point per game average (or 63 points over the course of 46 games, average) is "simply not good enough"? 63 points last year was a top 10 finish, that is LJs record here.

The fact that all our bad results came in a big chunk has made it all seem a lot worse than it was and by all coming in one big chunk in one season it made our situation very bad.
If that run was spread over 2 seasons the effect would have been halved and we'd likely (based on his actual record) be looking at a midtable result come the end of the season.

He'll ignore these facts but he still felt SC needed more time to turn it around with a 15% win record in the Champ...

If LJ isn't upto task and should go with a 36% win record then god only knows why SC should've been allowed to stay :blink:

7 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Yes, it was a terrible run we went on but we seem to be going in the right direction currently. I just can't grasp why people feel the need to continue being negative after the last few games. Completely understand the frustrations in the midst of the losing run but don't see the point in negativity when the signs are looking much more positive. Especially when your grievance about Pembo contradicts your point, as we've done better since Macca came in.

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

6 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

He'll ignore these facts but he still felt SC needed more time to turn it around with a 15% win record in the Champ...

If LJ isn't upto task and should go with a 36% win record then god only knows why SC should've been allowed to stay :blink:

You talking for me????

Carry on fella, I have got more important things to deal with at the moment.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics! However you spread it out, we are still deep in the brown stuff at the bottom end of the league and our place at the end of the season could be above or below the line.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics! However you spread it out, we are still deep in the brown stuff at the bottom end of the league and our place at the end of the season could be above or below the line.

You are correct.

My post was not a defence of Johnson as much a defence of the truth.

His record isn't one of somebody who is "not good enough", the final part was simply to show how the way our results came at once made his overall record appear worse than it is.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What is it with you guys and the negative waves?

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I made this statement a long time ago and I'll make it again. We will not be relegated. 

I'm I'm danger here of saying we are too good to go down but based on performances(not results) I believe there are far worse sides than us in this division. 

We will survive and will survive comfortably like last season.

I believe we can now go on a undefeated run ourselves, I'm not saying this because suddenly we find ourselves undefeated in 4, I was saying this all the way back at the Burton game.

We have our confidence back and now we have that we may begin to shiw our true ability which in my mind is a top 10 side.

3 minutes ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

Was sat near dugout last night. McCallister had a good presence and the players appeared to respond to him. If we get out of trouble happy to credit the decision to promote him. 

In the first Half Huddersfield started to threaten down their right. Immediately JM came out at shouted instructions and that door for Huddersfield was firmly shut.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You know what?

I have reconsidered what has happened this season, and having had it properly explained to me, I think we have just been unlucky, and Lee has done a 'great' job.

3) If it was not for the backroom staff he inherited we would be challenging for the play-offs

4) The fact we have had Tammy on loan actually has disrupted the side (in order to accommodate him), and we have not been reliant on the goals from a player we don't own.

5) The record breaking losing run has now been proven to be John Pemberton's fault - thanks to the posters above for explaining this, as I had real difficulty understanding this. THANK YOU.

6) Many of us have been plain WRONG in doubting that Lee will have us in Europe within the next three years.

Lee? 

Please accept my apology for all the wrong things I have said about you. Please stay as City manager for as long as you wish, and in any event, at least the next five seasons.

Contract extension in the post, AND I will personally start a thread advocating this today.

This is a rather poor attempt at humour.  You come across at the moment as simply petulant in the face of something resembling a recovery.  If you can't say anything positive, why say anything at all?  I think most people on this forum are seeing something that might point to better days ahead.  You seem determined to see the worst in anything.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You know what?

Lee? 

Ha, so you disappeared for a few hours and didn't respond to my last comment to you about what relevance your posts were to the thread. Instead, you spent a load of time writing another whinging anti-Johnson post instead of being happy about our recent good form. All of the points you've made have not been claimed by anyone and again, where has anyone said this season has been positive? People are rightfully happy with the positive direction we've been going in in recent weeks after a very tough period.

Get a life.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No I believe MA version of events because it's entirely plausible, sack him, sort out compo, announce it.

Could it of been handled better?  Of course it could but without us all knowing the finer details it's impossible to comment.

Had Pembo wanted to speak out he could have waived the compo but he didn't. He served us well, earned a good living out of us and is now going to receive a nice payment. 

Time for everybody to move on.

But he didn't serve us well, since he was made our defensive coach...... We've er had an awful defence. That's why he was sacked. Stop making excuses for him people's! 

Archived