IGNORED

Jamie McAllister

paulcityfan

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

For whatever reason, we've picked up 7 points in 9 since JP was replaced by JM. Was Pemberton the real bad egg in the camp rather than Johnson? Is McCallister a tactical genius? Have the players suddenly bucked up their ideas after realising LJ is going nowhere? Is it all a mere co-incidence? Well, rather than making up a bullshit scenario to suit my agenda, I'm going to say that I have no bloody idea! Who the hell knows? And I dont care either. Thats for them behind the scenes to sort out. We are winning again and long may it continue,

I love this!!

Just now, Up The City! said:

MA said something about contracts, what's so hard to believe about that? 

Extremely plausible. 

It's totally plausible that MA can say anything he likes and you will believe him.

JP won't be able to tell us the truth, he will have been payed off and gagged.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It's called making my own mind up,not believing MA the spin master!

Bet you believed the Tomlin/O'Neil supposed fall-out rumours too. Didn't look like they weren't playing for the manager last night. Or bought into the bitter writings of a parent whose son wasn't rated by the manager. I think you're the one falling for the spin.

What do you think were the reasons for Pemberton leaving out of curiosity?

Haha, you actually believe what LJ is telling you! I'm fn staggered you have the nerve to try and blame the last 5 months on someone other than LJ, you can fool yourself, just don't try and think the rest of us can't see what your trying to do though ;)

Yes I do most of the time, because I believe LJ to be a quite honest decent person who on most occasions in all the interviews hes ever given will give a frank honest answer. In the past he's been too honest.

Or was this all a ploy I suppose? Lure us all in by being truthful and then suddenly turn into this manipulative monster people like you make him out to be?

Suppose he only ran the half marathon for his own ego rather than for Charity? 

2 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

Great win, great performance. All looking better since JM joined the dug out.  Great player for us with fire, motivation and organisational skills.  Surely no coincidence that the players suddenly know what they are supposed to be doing after months of acting like a circus show

JM must be a better coach than he was as a player. I never ever rated him at LB.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Bet you believed the Tomlin/O'Neil supposed fall-out rumours too. Didn't look like they weren't playing for the manager last night. Or bought into the bitter writings of a parent whose son wasn't rated by the manager. I think you're the one falling for the spin.

Junior brought in his assistant from Barnsley and was planning to let Pemberton go in the summer but the board decided that he should go as there were two blokes doing the same job.

It's totally plausible that MA can say anything he likes and you will believe him.

JP won't be able to tell us the truth, he will have been payed off and gagged.

No I believe MA version of events because it's entirely plausible, sack him, sort out compo, announce it.

Could it of been handled better?  Of course it could but without us all knowing the finer details it's impossible to comment.

Had Pembo wanted to speak out he could have waived the compo but he didn't. He served us well, earned a good living out of us and is now going to receive a nice payment. 

Time for everybody to move on.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Junior brought in his assistant from Barnsley and was planning to let Pemberton go in the summer but the board decided that he should go as there were two blokes doing the same job.

I think LJ was in a tough position. 

He had decided Pembo wasn't the man he wanted as his assistant, and that's fair enough imo. Every manager should get to choose their coaching staff.

However could you imagine the uproar it would have created replacing Pembo at the start of the season? When we were doing well? New stadium bounce etc? With Pembo being well liked?

It would have been suicidal so I think LJ made the decision to stick with it til the end of the season and then let it blow over in the off season. 

This has proved to be a huge mistake and he should have acted when he made the decision.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Holden was from Oldham, not that it matters! I think it could well be the case that Pembo was a bit upset at losing full responsibility of being the single assistant around that time. I don't think he'd ever have done anything like that intentionally but maybe he wasn't happy with Holden coming in and his level of work lowered, maybe he felt undermined by Holden coming in? Or maybe his style just didn't suit LJ - like I said, a coach should be allowed to choose his own coaching staff and they need to have good chemistry to work well together. I think Pembo stayed so long after LJ's appointment due to the good job he had done for the club in the past which the club respected and, the plan for the change-up to be made in the summer was eventually done sooner than planned due to the situation we were in, unfortunately for Pembo. I like Pembo as a person, I have great respect for the work he did here over the years and disagreed with the poor statement the club put out when the news first broke but Macca has come in and done the same role and seemingly a new face has freshened things up and done us the world of good. 3 clean sheets in 4 games shows he must be doing something right (along with the players and the rest of the coaching staff).

41 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

He's the fall guy for LJ. Someone had to take the blame didn't they!

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Pemberton was making us lose, was he?

OK.

:facepalm:

tfj :pray:

So you think it's coincidence then? He wasn't solely responsible for our losses, no. But a manager being able to bring in his own coaching staff and then results picking up suggests it's certainly a big factor in our improvement.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

So you think it's coincidence then? He wasn't solely responsible for our losses, no. But a manager being able to bring in his own coaching staff and then results picking up suggests it's certainly a big factor in our improvement.

So Johnson kept Pemberton this long, and only got rid recently, to save City from relegation?

OK.

So Johnson kept Pemberton this long, and only got rid recently, to save City from relegation?

OK.

Yes.

It's the same names, you know some people will refuse to let up on LJ no matter what. Very sad.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Yes.

It's the same names, you know some people will refuse to let up on LJ no matter what. Very sad.

What is sad about wanting LJ sacked?

Very many people would be very happy about it.

Each to their own, yes?

:cool2:

What is sad about wanting LJ sacked?

Very many people would be very happy about it.

Each to their own, yes?

It's sad that people like you are willing to twist positives into negatives just because they don't like the manager.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's sad that people like you are willing to twist positives into negatives just because they don't like the manager.

This season has not been positive for any objective fan.

Spending this much money, and signing so many players should not = 1 point above relegation in March.

It's been a negative season, based on performances, on balance.

Staying up, from here, would be a positive. I don't thank Lee Johnson for that.

You do.

Lee was not liked much as a player, and he is now not liked much as the manager. This should surprise no-one.

tfj  :pray:

4 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Spending this much money, and signing so many players should not = 1 point above relegation in March.

You do.

Lee was not liked much as a player, and he is now not liked much as the manager. This should surprise no-one.

Who has claimed this season has been a positive? LJ and the team have made really positive strides in recent weeks after an awful 4 months and we've done well since McAllister has come in to the coaching set-up. That's what's relevant to this thread.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why do you think he's 'City through and through'?

Just interested really as he did play for 8 other clubs....

He is on record as saying he loved his time in Bristol and has stayed living in the area even though he went on to play for Yeovil and Exeter after he left. 

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

He is on record as saying he loved his time in Bristol and has stayed living in the area even though he went on to play for Yeovil and Exeter after he left. 

Fair enough, but doesn't that suggest he likes Bristol as a place to live rather than he's 'City through and through'? I know we all hope that some of the club employees are as passionate as we are, but it could be just a job to many of them...

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

His career probably peaked while at City.

That would give you fond memories.

tfj

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but doesn't that suggest he likes Bristol as a place to live rather than he's 'City through and through'? I know we all hope that some of the club employees are as passionate as we are, but it could be just a job to many of them...

Well this is only what he has said.  FWIW I think that Scotty Murray is also Cily through and through and has even foresaken his beloved Scotland to live here  - mind you, it may have something to do with the fact that he can but Irn Bru down here!

6 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You do.

Please can people stop using this argument. It is so ignorant.

A) We've spent a tiny fraction of the championships transfer spend, just to keep up. Around £12m of £300m. And that is basically two summer transfer windows worth because we were so behind following the Steve Cotterill summer transfer debacle. So Approx: £7m per summer = in the bottom half of championship spenders.

B) Either-way as has been pointed out time and time again, money doesn't always buy you success in this division:

• Aston Villa £80m spent = around £10 Million per point more than us so far this season.
  • Wolves £30m spent = around £20 million per point more than us. 

What should that spend have bought us then?

Archived