IGNORED

Jamie McAllister

paulcityfan

5 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You know what?

I have reconsidered what has happened this season, and having had it properly explained to me, I think we have just been unlucky, and Lee has done a 'great' job.

1) He has not been allowed to sign any players - this is a myth.

2) He has had the smallest transfer budget in the division.

3) If it was not for the backroom staff he inherited we would be challenging for the play-offs

4) The fact we have had Tammy on loan actually has disrupted the side (in order to accommodate him), and we have not been reliant on the goals from a player we don't own.

5) The record breaking losing run has now been proven to be John Pemberton's fault - thanks to the posters above for explaining this, as I had real difficulty understanding this. THANK YOU.

6) Many of us have been plain WRONG in doubting that Lee will have us in Europe within the next three years.

Lee? 

Please accept my apology for all the wrong things I have said about you. Please stay as City manager for as long as you wish, and in any event, at least the next five seasons.

Contract extension in the post, AND I will personally start a thread advocating this today.

:me?:

Artist formerly known as 'tfj'

You know what - i've been reading everyone's views on here over the last few months and i've concluded:

1. We will go down with this clown in charge.
  2. The trajectory of the team is nothing but relegation.
  3. LJ is the worst manager ever.
  4. We are already down.
  5. Boycotting is the way forward.
  6. SL is the worst chairman in the country.
  7. BCFC are the biggest failure in the history of football. 
  8. Did I mention we ARE going down.
  9. The dressing room is COMPLETELY lost.
  10. LJ will never be a successful manager, ever.
  11. This is the worse season ever.
  12. WE ARE GOING DOWN WHY CAN'T EVERYONE SEE THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS?!

Coach for OTIB 

:whistle:

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

You know what - i've been reading everyone's views on here over the last few months and i've concluded:

1. We will go down with this clown in charge.
  2. The trajectory of the team is nothing but relegation.
  3. LJ is the worst manager ever.
  4. We are already down.
  5. Boycotting is the way forward.
  6. SL is the worst chairman in the country.
  7. BCFC are the biggest failure in the history of football. 
  8. Did I mention we ARE going down.
  9. The dressing room is COMPLETELY lost.
  10. LJ will never be a successful manager, ever.
  11. This is the worse season ever.
  12. WE ARE GOING DOWN WHY CAN'T EVERYONE SEE THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS?!

Coach for OTIB 

:whistle:

Brave post. Let's see huh?  I hope to hell we stay up but that does not stop valid criticism of the club both on and off the pitch this season, or the concerns of many heading into the next.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Brave post. Let's see huh?  I hope to hell we stay up but that does not stop valid criticism of the club both on and off the pitch this season, or the concerns of many heading into the next.

Not trying to be brave, why is it brave? Criticism is absolutely valid. I've been critical myself plenty and still know we're in the mire. That is just a list of 'extreme' views, all things said by other people on OTIB.

But I think it's a little ironic when people ridicule anyone with any positivity by going to the 'happy clappy' extreme to mimic them - when they are guilty of the exact same extremes, but just at the other end of the spectrum. My last post was all things that have been said on OTIB in all seriousness. Those views are as extreme as the views of the most positive posters on here, yet some can't see the irony.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not trying to be brave, why is it brave? Criticism is absolutely valid. I've been critical myself plenty and still know we're in the mire. That is just a list of 'extreme' views, all things said by other people on OTIB.

But I think it's a little ironic when people ridicule anyone with any positivity by going to the 'happy clappy' extreme to mimic them - when they are guilty of the exact same extremes, but just at the other end of the spectrum. My last post was all things that have been said on OTIB in all seriousness. Those views are as extreme as the views of the most positive posters on here, yet some can't see the irony.

A reasoned post, and you are of course correct.  I am in the glass half empty  camp and therefore have a bias to negativity, let's just get to the end of the season and stay in this sodding division!

COYR

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

A reasoned post, and you are of course correct.  I am in the glass half empty  camp and therefore have a bias to negativity, let's just get to the end of the season and stay in this sodding division!

COYR

Couldn't agree more mate! I'm a glass half full kind of person, so I'll say we will be fine.....just. :whistle:

:fingerscrossed:

7 hours ago, Judda said:

I think last night was a great win with 4 good goals but also the best defensive display of the season against a free scoring side like htfc... could be coincidence that it's after sacking defence coach Pembo...?

Good point - maybe Pemberton was the problem over recent months. Pure speculation of course, but perhaps the older man was a bit jealous of a younger Head Coach and was causing disruption and undermining L:J ?

I don't think we have conceded a single goal since he was sacked as defensive coach. 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

I'm all for well reasoned balanced criticisms but tbh many have gone to the extreme, these valid criticisms were somewhat over looked. Some of the things I've read and heard, well, it's made me feel embarrassed for the person saying it.

During the bad run there was many people who couldn't even think straight. Online there was mass hysteria. 

I completely understood their feelings because I was feeling the same frustrations but all the insults etc was just too much imo. I had to put a few on ignore because they were too much. 

It became a bit of a competition of who was right and who was wrong, there will never be any winners out of any of this and that is really sad. Some people I really respected on here but these last few months I slowly found myself losing respect because of their irrational posts.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:38, Bat Fastard said:

This is a very good point and shows that maybe Lee has good judgement of what is needed.  We seem to be able to get away with blank sheets since JM became the defensive coach.  It also means that we have more of our better ex players in management positions - a bit like Liverpool used to do.  I can't wait to renew the season tickets for next season!

And putting corey smith at right back, seem to be is best position ( did he not start is career there) not good enough in midfield at this level.

23 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well this is only what he has said.  FWIW I think that Scotty Murray is also Cily through and through and has even foresaken his beloved Scotland to live here  - mind you, it may have something to do with the fact that he can but Irn Bru down here!

Hmmm, and they're not allowed to do that in Scotland?

Shame! 

Archived