IGNORED

Songs/Chants of Old

Yozzarian

To the tune of "Lord of the dance"

Fight, fight where ever you may be

We are the boys from the West Country

We'll fight you all whoever you may be

'cuz we are the boys from the West country.

Only occasionally though did I hear a second verse sung;

We fought with Palace and we fought with Spurs

We went to Scotland and fought with Rangers

we'll fight with you if you'll fight with us

we'll fight with you and the fight goes on.

We hate Aston Villa

We hate Fulham too (and Millwall!)

We Hate Bristol City

But Rovers we love you

Altogether now!

In later years every team name was changed to Bristol City :)

Most teams I think had a version of that one. I always use to like 'We all hate reds and reds and reds, reds and reds and reds and reds, reds and reds and reds, we all ******* hate reds!'

Oh and of course 'City run, City run, City from everyone la la la la la la la la la!

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You're going in the river .

It was moving to hear ' Hit 'im on the 'ead with a baseball bat ' on Saturday.

Then the campfire favourite ' you're gonna get your  frocking head kicked in ' .

The gentle and melodious 

" come an ave à go if you think you're ard enough " 

Who can forget The East End gospel choir singing 

' The referee's à winker ' 

?

You still hear these three every so often, I seem to recall hearing the river one with some gusto v Swindon 2 years ago and probably v Newcastle back in August too, the Baseball bat one I have certainly heard at AG within last couple of years and I think the last one bolded comes out once in a while but now it's the less impressive 'Shit referee.'

@22A Still hear the first verse of that anyway at AG every so often, though not so much recently but it's still there once in a while.

@Yozzarian I still remember 'Everywhere we go' in the last few years. 'You can stick your bubbles sideways' was an approximation of the flag one v West Ham 2 years ago.

One we don't hear much anymore is the 'By far the greatest team' chant, not heard that at home in a while.

Another is the first verse of 'Whose that team they call the Rovers' as I remember for a brief period 'The Wanky Bristol Rovers went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said...**** off' And then the rest followed.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You still hear these three every so often, I seem to recall hearing it with some gusto v Swindon 2 years ago the river one, the Baseball bat one I have certainly heard at AG not too long ago and I think the last one bolded comes out once in a while but now it's the less impressive 'Shit referee.'

@22A Still hear the first verse of that anyway at AG every so often, though not so much recently but it's still there once in a while.

@Yozzarian I still remember 'Everywhere we go' in the last few years.

One we don't hear much anymore is the 'By far the greatest team' chant, not heard that at home in a while.

I struggle to sing this one to be honest. Lets at least get one major honour under our belt....I'd take a League Cup! ;-)

33 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You're going home in a Bristol ambulance!

Never made that much sense to me that one, terrible waste of NHS resources.  Drop them at the BRI, possibly better for patient care to get them to the nearest hospital too.

To the tine of Lets dance by Chris Montez

We love to sing and we love to fight

we are the boys in the red & white

so lets fight......lets fight

we've done your Swindon and your Cardiff too

all the cockneys and now we're gonna do you

so lets fight

Tip toe through the East end

With your razor,and your hob nail boots

We'll tip toe through the East end with you

tTip toe through the tote end

With your hand bag and your powder puff

We'll tip toe through the tote with you.

The oldest pre war chant I know is

Warmley, Warmley

It meant get the boot in, lads!

The old Warmley FC was notorious in the very distant past. It all relates to an incident against Millwall in January 1899. My family were Warmley supporters before City was founded.

So, for the rest of this season, lads, Warmley, Warmley.  I shall be chanting this at The Amex!! COYR

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Where's your wife gone, where's your wife gone, where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles.........

Doc, Doc, Docherty, who the ****ing he'll is he

Great banter with Stanley that day - when we sung that he just turned to the East End and shrugged his shoulders!

Was that the day he broke his leg and was left in an ambulance with the doors open when everyone was leaving the game or was that another time?

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Great banter with Stanley that day - when we sung that he just turned to the East End and shrugged his shoulders!

Was that the day he broke his leg and was left in an ambulance with the doors open when everyone was leaving the game or was that another time?

Think it was and heard him recount several times about a City Fan screaming abuse in his face  and saying he hoped he'd broken his leg ,either as he was carried off on a stretcher or in the ambulance , can't remember which

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You're going in the river

I remember a game against Manchester utd in the seventies when someone actually did. Think it was a utd supporter chased by City fans who thought the mud was solid as he jumped down the bank. Pulled out by his mates as i recall....... 

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Might well have been that game, what a wonderful player he was, not dissimilar to our own LT

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was laid on a stretcher in the car park waiting for the ambulance and got dogs abuse from City fans walking past him....he took it so well and mentioned it in his book...

Archived