IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We will keep Championship football at Ashton Gate if the income justifies the huge expense of buying and paying the kind of stars that we would like to see recruited to the team.  Fewer tickets sold = less to spend = more threat of relegation next season.  Thanks to one and all who support the cause - it would not be possible without you! Get renewing - COYR!

Ha Ha Ha

You mean it was our fault so many of us got season tickets last summer and meant we could waste so much on average signings?

37 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We will keep Championship football at Ashton Gate if the income justifies the huge expense of buying and paying the kind of stars that we would like to see recruited to the team.  Fewer tickets sold = less to spend = more threat of relegation next season.  Thanks to one and all who support the cause - it would not be possible without you! Get renewing - COYR!

It's a 'chicken and egg' situation then BF? If we don't renew, the team will be worse making it our fault? How about the useless turd of a head coach is causing people to question whether they want to watch more of his turgid crap? It's like saying we will only build a stand if every seat is sold beforehand otherwise we'll build a smaller one. WTGR, it doesn't work that way although I admire your persistence and faith. 

Purely as a devils advocate point, using your theory, the team should have been better this season then with record SC sales? I don't have an issue with the quality of the players TBH but it's like buying a more powerful car and giving it to a learner driver, he can't handle it! He's the issue, get a more experienced driver.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

He said we've picked up recently. Seems a fairly accurate statement?

Screenshot_20170331-134354.png

Great if a season was only 6 matches long it would be great

The point I was trying (obviously not well) to make is that since Cardiff away we have been making the same mistakes etc etc over and over again

People aren't going to buy on the back of a mini run of form

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Ha Ha Ha

You mean it was our fault so many of us got season tickets last summer and meant we could waste so much on average signings?

Buying very young, up and coming players may have left us short this season - but they could well be much better next season. The cash invested so far has given us a good base - we still need a few more players e.g - we are light at right back.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's a 'chicken and egg' situation then BF? If we don't renew, the team will be worse making it our fault? How about the useless turd of a head coach is causing people to question whether they want to watch more of his turgid crap? It's like saying we will only build a stand if every seat is sold beforehand otherwise we'll build a smaller one. WTGR, it doesn't work that way although I admire your persistence and faith. 

Purely as a devils advocate point, using your theory, the team should have been better this season then with record SC sales? I don't have an issue with the quality of the players TBH but it's like buying a more powerful car and giving it to a learner driver, he can't handle it!

See my response to Phantom about your last point.

To test the logic of your response - assume that nobody bought tickets and our income was reduced to virtually nothing......how well would we be likely to compete next season?  Then ask yourself, what if only half renewed....would that be a bit better - if so, by how much?

• Admin
36 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Yes? Seems pretty standard for City to me. Especially when paying heed to the loss of a star player without a replacement, injuries, incredible amount of bad luck from refereeing decisions and loss of confidence that always has an effect on footballers, I'm prepared to give the manager a chance when he's shown good ability before the bad run and we've also started turning it around since Pemberton left, so maybe, just maybe, the new coaching staff have found something that works?

By all means don't renew, but don't pretentiously announce to everyone else that you're not renewing because of the manager. Says a lot about any individual that does that, not renewing because of an agenda against a manager that's doing his best and has begun turning it around. Enjoy Saturday's next season shopping or out in the garden!

Tammy was a decent replacement for Kodija - certainly replaced his goals scored, and the club KNEW the offer was there weeks before he went

I do love the way though it reads above like we were the only side to get injuries or have bad refereeing decisions against us

I do agree though that since Pemberton has gone that there has been a change - MAYBE that will be the key?

But to put blind faith in a manager who weeks from the end of a season is STILL unable to pick his best 11 and best formation concerns me

Assume you have read what I put before? Did I actually mention LJ ?

I find it hard to get to midweek games and miss a few weekends too, buying a ST was all about securing the seat really for me - certainly won't be a problem next season so maybe the membership is the way forward for me?

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

See my response to Phantom about your last point.

To test the logic of your response - assume that nobody bought tickets and our income was reduced to virtually nothing......how well would we be likely to compete next season?  Then ask yourself, what if only half renewed....would that be a bit better - if so, by how much?

Fair response but it doesn't mean we have to renew does it? Isn't it about personal choice? Both Phantom and myself have too many years under our belts to be considered as non supporters but when we can't question things at the club, surely that's a reason to question both yourself and your attendance?

I'll renew just due to the fact I don't know what else to do with my Saturdays and it saves me money on the rugby season ticket but fair play to all those who don't renew maybe playing in front of 10k next season will show lansdown what the fans actually think

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tammy was a decent replacement for Kodjia - certainly replaced his goals scored, and the club KNEW the offer was there weeks before he went

I do love the way though it reads above like we were the only side to get injuries or have bad refereeing decisions against us

I do agree though that since Pemberton has gone that there has been a change - MAYBE that will be the key?

But to put blind faith in a manager who weeks from the end of a season is STILL unable to pick his best 11 and best formation concerns me

Assume you have read what I put before? Did I actually mention LJ ?

I find it hard to get to midweek games and miss a few weekends too, buying a ST was all about securing the seat really for me - certainly won't be a problem next season so maybe the membership is the way forward for me?

Tammy wasn't Kodjia's replacement, they were playing in the same team and hence the fact we were making panic bids on deadline day to no avail. He replaced his goals, for sure. But Kodjia offered a hell of a lot to the team and opposition defences would far rather face one of them instead of both. Playing down his importance of him is unbelievable to me.

That's you that's perceived it that way, of course other teams get injuries/poor refereeing decisions. But this season (particularly the bad reffing decisions) has been incredible, in my time support City, I've never seen anything quite like it. Hence why LJ has received letters from the Ref Association apologising. I think our GD alludes to that too, as if we were a poor team with a bad manager we'd be getting hammered but we've lost so many games by the odd goal (particularly when on the losing run) and so many times it's been due to individual errors or injuries, not tactical. Those individual errors are massive, especially when it's a team low on confidence.

We have a big squad and when a team is struggling a manager is bound to make changes in order to try and remedy the situation. I think the last two games has been the first time since the losing run started that LJ has finally found the system that makes our team tick. Add to that our improved defensive performances since Macca got involved, I'm very optimistic. It's not blind faith, I don't think LJ is perfect but I don't have an agenda against him like some and I'm willing to look at his work here in more than black and white.

I have no idea if you mentioned LJ originally, you quoted my post talking about those posting about LJ.

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair response but it doesn't mean we have to renew does it? Isn't it about personal choice? Both Phantom and myself have too many years under our belts to be considered as non supporters but when we can't question things at the club, surely that's a reason to question both yourself and your attendance?

I feel that we have a small hurdle to jump and then we have a great chance of competing well next season.  We will need a few additions (eg for Tammy, Alby and a right back) and our ability to buy top class players will be contingent upon how much cash we have.  The more people who renew - the more cash - the better the players we can afford. For that reason, if fans really love the club, they will look past recent frustrations and get renewing! COYR!

6 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not a clown - a fan! As I said to another poster, we are likely to finish in one of the higher positions we have had in the last 20 years, when we have been largely plying our trade in League 1.  You seem to have believed that we should have been much higher than we are and that this is some kind of personal insult to the purity of your devotion. You should go and support the Arsenal if you want to support a predictable team - and even they are up in arms.  Lee and the boys are trying hard and I believe they will succeed.  If we did end up being relegated, then I will recall our last season in League one as one of the best I can recall in my 50 years as a fan.  How many league titles have we won in that time?  Bringing so many new players to the club all at the same time was bound to be a bit risky and mistakes have been made - not least by the referees, whose association has had to write numerous letters of apology for bad decisions that have cost us valuable points.  I support through thick and thin because I could not be happy without watching the City story unfold and there is nothing like being there! You other guys can enjoy your shopping trips or TV if that is your preference - I will be down at the Gate with my fellow true fans! Get renewing - you know it makes sense! COYR!

Got bored with your bollox after the first sentence , as I said your a clown . Stop preaching super fan 

43 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I feel that we have a small hurdle to jump and then we have a great chance of competing well next season.  We will need a few additions (eg for Tammy, Alby and a right back) and our ability to buy top class players will be contingent upon how much cash we have.  The more people who renew - the more cash - the better the players we can afford. For that reason, if fans really love the club, they will look past recent frustrations and get renewing! COYR!

10,000 season tickets at an average of £400 equates to about £4mil. That figure wont make or break the club next season IMO. But 10,000 empty seats would show the club that the fans are not happy so its not just about the money. I will renew because my love for BCFC is greater than my dislike for LJ and his methods. I hope to still be supporting long after his time in charge has come and gone. It's quite a large hurdle to jump actually and if we don't clear it then the blame lies with LJ and the board who appointed him. Next season will be challenging for us whichever division we are in. There are no guarantees we would walk away with Div 1 if we went down. I fully understand people not wanting to renew and their reasons. One thing for sure, the club has dealt with the situation over the past 4 months, including ticket renewals, appallingly IMO. It almost seems like they don't care which league we play in next year. We however do care.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

I don't agree that we 'have a great chance of competing' with LJ in charge at all as I think he's useless and as for the 'love the club' comment, that is laughable to the likes of myself Phantom and others. I would guess by your 'all or nothing' posts that I was probably watching City as a ST holder before you were even born. I was trying to have a proper discussion with you but you can't help having a little 'look at me, I'm a Superfan' dig so that's the end of that then.

9 minutes ago, marmite said:

10,000 season tickets at an average of £400 equates to about £4mil. That figure wont make or break the club next season IMO. But 10,000 empty seats would show the club that the fans are not happy so its not just about the money. I will renew because my love for BCFC is greater than my dislike for LJ and his methods. I hope to still be supporting long after his time in charge has come and gone. It's quite a large hurdle to jump actually and if we don't clear it then the blame lies with LJ and the board who appointed him. Next season will be challenging for us whichever division we are in. There are no guarantees we would walk away with Div 1 if we went down. I fully understand people not wanting to renew and their reasons. One thing for sure, the club has dealt with the situation over the past 4 months, including ticket renewals, appallingly IMO. It almost seems like they don't care which league we play in next year. We however do care.

Glad you have renewed! Every £ will help for next season and, of course, there is no guarantee that a new manager would cut the mustard - he may be worse then LJ.  Clearly SL and others in the club see something in Lee that many on here do not.  The difference is that the fans do not actually know him or the situation withing the club and with the players, wheras SL and his pals do.  I prefer to have faith in theose "in the know" rather than the frustrated and frequently spiteful rumour mongers and people who seem to need almost any reason to not support their club.  I do not pretend to understand the "twinkle" mentality - so I shall just enjoy my 51st year as a supporter,  Get renewing - COYR!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Glad you have renewed! Every £ will help for next season and, of course, there is no guarantee that a new manager would cut the mustard - he may be worse then LJ.  Clearly SL and others in the club see something in Lee that many on here do not.  The difference is that the fans do not actually know him or the situation withing the club and with the players, wheras SL and his pals do.  I prefer to have faith in theose "in the know" rather than the frustrated and frequently spiteful rumour mongers and people who seem to need almost any reason to not support their club.  I do not pretend to understand the "twinkle" mentality - so I shall just enjoy my 51st year as a supporter,  Get renewing - COYR!

I love how you use Lansdownsome ability to spot a good coach in your reply :rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't agree that we 'have a great chance of competing' with LJ in charge at all as I think he's useless and as for the 'love the club' comment, that is laughable to the likes of myself Phantom and others. I would guess by your 'all or nothing' posts that I was probably watching City as a ST holder before you were even born. I was trying to have a proper discussion with you but you can't help having a little 'look at me, I'm a Superfan' dig so that's the end of that then.

We clearly do not agree - as an OAP it is clearly cheaper for an old git like me - but it is easily afforded.  I am not a superfan, but after a lifetime running a  business I can see how important it is to have regular and dependable income - clearly many on here do not see that and will hurt the club to make their point. If they love the club - as many profess, this seems a little counter productive.  Ho hum!

51 years, fair play! :clap:

Just the 41 so far for me but I take umbridge at the 'love the club' comment. The only difference is I 'love' my family and my health and enjoyment more. I am not enjoying the utter filth served up by Mr Bullet proof so won't be renewing. If it turns out i'm wrong, we're all happy. I hope I am but my opinion is that I don't believe I am.

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

51 years, fair play! :clap:

Just the 41 so far for me but I take umbridge at the 'love the club' comment. The only difference is I 'love' my family and my health and enjoyment more. I am not enjoying the utter filth served up by Mr Bullet proof so won't be renewing. If it turns out i'm wrong, we're all happy. I hope I am but my opinion is that I don't believe I am.

Sad to break your run - hopefully you will be able to renew at the higher price once we have comfortably avoided relegation!

Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton have chosen to stick with Lee Johnson through the bad patch in the face of quite vociferous supporter criticism so the chances of him going this summer, assuming we stay up, are nil.

Should he prove their faith to be well placed, learn quickly and have us moving up to the top part of the table next season then I guess a few STs down won't mean that much to them, especially as they will probably take more POTD as people begin to come back if we are doing well.

If we start next season badly, I would imagine he would be gone before Christmas, which means that anybody that didn't renew their ST because of the manager may end up paying more over the course of the season if they started attending again.

Either way, not renewing your ST isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to any decision over whether Lee Johnson should stay or not, they have nailed their colours very firmly to that mast and will go with it no matter what now, at least for the first few months of next season.

I do have to say though, that not going to the football and spending your money on something else is a very easy habit to get into. I gave up my ST when my son was born, and have only just started going again this season (hence my renewal), but to be honest it didn't take a long time of not attending to stop missing it and become more of a follower than active supporter, to the point that I was a 1 or 2 game a season person by the end. Now that I'm back I'm more than happy to be there and it feels like home again, but it took my son asking to go to get me off my arse and back to the Gate again.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Or just listen to the shower of shit you seem to have started spouting recently. 

Sadly my friend, you need to do a lot more than just listen to a shower. Of course, far be it from me to criticize your judgement in this matter - I just hope that I don't end up sitting near you! :P

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton have chosen to stick with Lee Johnson through the bad patch in the face of quite vociferous supporter criticism so the chances of him going this summer, assuming we stay up, are nil.

Should he prove their faith to be well placed, learn quickly and have us moving up to the top part of the table next season then I guess a few STs down won't mean that much to them, especially as they will probably take more POTD as people begin to come back if we are doing well.

If we start next season badly, I would imagine he would be gone before Christmas, which means that anybody that didn't renew their ST because of the manager may end up paying more over the course of the season if they started attending again.

Either way, not renewing your ST isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to any decision over whether Lee Johnson should stay or not, they have nailed their colours very firmly to that mast and will go with it no matter what now, at least for the first few months of next season.

I do have to say though, that not going to the football and spending your money on something else is a very easy habit to get into. I gave up my ST when my son was born, and have only just started going again this season (hence my renewal), but to be honest it didn't take a long time of not attending to stop missing it and become more of a follower than active supporter, to the point that I was a 1 or 2 game a season person by the end. Now that I'm back I'm more than happy to be there and it feels like home again, but it took my son asking to go to get me off my arse and back to the Gate again.

There's always a half SC Rich.  I appreciate the rest of the post. Maybe things will change and I will want to renew / restart at a higher price, as mentioned by BF, but that's my choice.

Good post fella.

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Sadly my friend, you need to do a lot more than just listen to a shower. Of course, far be it from me to criticize your judgement in this matter - I just hope that I don't end up sitting near you! :P

When did we become friends.? 

Lunchtime is over slim , and I've fed the Troll enough for today.:yes:

19 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Your charm is an object lesson for all!

Ark at the one calling people disloyal . Get down off your ivory tower . It didn't take long for you to quote how many years you've supported us as I predicted did it. You obviously think you're some wonderful supporter but imo people like you following whatever is happening blindly is the opposite. It's easy to put up with whatever's being dealt on the pitch but it takes a stronger person to question what's going on and take action on it. 

Archived