IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

All of the above are spot-on. It's a cynical, exploitative and downright unfair way to treat fans who, by the club's own admission and with the exception of a noisy minority, have been for the most part outstandingly loyal, despite a season of gross under-achievement and another desperate relegation struggle. It feels for me at the moment like another nail in the coffin of a lifelong relationship with the club that has seen me support them for over half a century, and part of a long, slow process of falling out of love with both the club itself and football in general. This move lays bare an underlying attitude on the part of the club towards its supporters that has become all too common in modern day football.

If I renew, which is by no means certain, it will be reluctantly and with a good deal of anger and resentment at the way that the club has quite calculatedly put fans over a barrel. The "if you don't like it, wait and see how the season turns out before you commit" line doesn't wash. Most people attend with friends and family: I suspect relatively few sit singly and don't much care who they end up sitting next to. That makes it a very complicated business for those who would feel they have to consult with the rest of their group before deciding to bail out and leave them with an unfilled seat in their midst. The club knows full well their move puts people in an awkward dilemma for these and other reasons and takes full advantage.

As to cost, as far as I'm aware the posters above are right: there is no financial incentive to renew now - just the threat of losing your seat if you don't hand over the cash now with the current season far from finished and a completely open question as to what league we'll be in come May. In fact, not only may prices remain the same if we're relegated, so that there is no tangible reward for stumping up early, but there is no guarantee that they won't actually fall. You might think it would be a PR disaster (which it would) and that they wouldn't dare. However, consider the following scenario. ST renewals fall in the wake of this master stroke of sales management and customer relations. We go down into L1. Those who didn't renew early decide not to do so at all. The club realises it has screwed up yet again and is facing a black hole in it's projected revenue for next season through a huge loss of ST holders, so the Board collectively soils itself, as has become customary in these sorts of situations in recent years, and starts frantically back-peddling, looking for incentives to renew that might have to include the unpalatable option of actually dropping prices below the level the some people have already paid for no more than the mere privilege of retaining their existing seat. Unlikely? Maybe, but on the experience of the last few years, I wouldn't put anything past this shower. 

It's a disgraceful way to treat loyal customers and, as you've probably gathered by now, I'm absolutely fuming. If it ends up biting them on the arse and costing the club serious money, it will be no more than they bloody well deserve.

I agree with you post 100% and especially with your last sentence,

67 years a supporter, I feel that I have been $hit upon once again and this time it feels like once too often.There isn't any logical reason why we should have been involved in yet another scrap to stay up and to expect us to cough up without knowing where/who we'll be playing is a downright bloody insult to us.

As an addition to my previous post, some three weeks ago I sent an email to the club giving my views on this disastrous season and stating that if we were relegated I would not renew either of my City and Rugby ST's. Nobody has bothered to acknowledge receipt of this email or even offer any hope for any improvement.

Compare this with summer 1978 when the Club decided to move all season ticket holders without any discussion or notice from the two end blocks of the Dolman (Covered End) to more central and more expensive seats because of the need to provide segregated seating for away fans in cup ties.

I wrote to the Club against this move and the next day received a phone call from Tony Rance, the Commercial Manager. He gave me all the bullshit and spiel about how valued our support was and that when the club had expanded it's seating capacity in the not too distant future. I was not impressed and told him that I'd still be supporting City long after he'd cleared off for another increase in salary. He informed me that the future was rosy at City and he'd be around for a very long time.

Four years and three relegations later, Rance had jumped ship and we were bottom of the Fourth! But at least he took time to speak and not just ignore us all like the current bunch are. For the first time in my life, I don't feel as if the Club value any of us who support the Club through everything with very little good times.

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As an addition to my previous post, some three weeks ago I sent an email to the club giving my views on this disastrous season and stating that if we were relegated I would not renew either of my City and Rugby ST's. Nobody has bothered to acknowledge receipt of this email or even offer any hope for any improvement.

Compare this with summer 1978 when the Club decided to move all season ticket holders without any discussion or notice from the two end blocks of the Dolman (Covered End) to more central and more expensive seats because of the need to provide segregated seating for away fans in cup ties.

I wrote to the Club against this move and the next day received a phone call from Tony Rance, the Commercial Manager. He gave me all the bullshit and spiel about how valued our support was and that when the club had expanded it's seating capacity in the not too distant future. I was not impressed and told him that I'd still be supporting City long after he'd cleared off for another increase in salary. He informed me that the future was rosy at City and he'd be around for a very long time.

Four years and three relegations later, Rance had jumped ship and we were bottom of the Fourth! But at least he took time to speak and not just ignore us all like the current bunch are. For the first time in my life, I don't feel as if the Club value any of us who support the Club through everything with very little good times.

I'll bet Rance left a note saying you were one of those regular moaners.

He sounds like the sort.

15 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Hello Cidered abroad if you have supported 67 years its not just the club that has shat on you, many politicians etc will have done so as well

I have no intention of renewing at the moment, as a season ticket holder of 10+ years.

The decision doesn't rest so much on what division we'll be in next season, more the actions and behaviour of the owner this season in regard to Mr Johnson. Decision-making and communication to the fans over the past few months has been frankly, insulting.

The way the club is being run at the moment as an autocracy/dictatorship in which the fans are blamed for the failings of the management of the club, and personal relationships are put before competent decision making makes me feel sick to be honest. I feel a disconnect with the football club like never before.

What would it take for me to renew?

LJ to be removed in May (at the very latest) no matter if we have been relegated or not, Lansdown to issue a public apology to the supporters that he has got it wrong and that LJ is not the man to lead us forward and finally that LJ's replacement is a highly ambitious appointment with, as a bare minimum, a competent CV either at L1 or C'Ship level.

Got a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.........

16 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I agree with you post 100% and especially with your last sentence,

67 years a supporter, I feel that I have been $hit upon once again and this time it feels like once too often.There isn't any logical reason why we should have been involved in yet another scrap to stay up and to expect us to cough up without knowing where/who we'll be playing is a downright bloody insult to us.

If there is one thing that I cannot stand - and that is grumpy old buggers! I hope you come to terms with the fact that it is not personal and they are all trying - but sometimes they struggle to get to your demanding standards.  Us youndsters will keep supporting and the atmosphere in the ground will still be great - but you will be missed if you fail to renew.  I am really enjoying my OAP ticket - wonderful value! Get renewing! COYR!

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I have no intention of renewing at the moment, as a season ticket holder of 10+ years.

The decision doesn't rest so much on what division we'll be in next season, more the actions and behaviour of the owner this season in regard to Mr Johnson. Decision-making and communication to the fans over the past few months has been frankly, insulting.

The way the club is being run at the moment as an autocracy/dictatorship in which the fans are blamed for the failings of the management of the club, and personal relationships are put before competent decision making makes me feel sick to be honest. I feel a disconnect with the football club like never before.

What would it take for me to renew?

LJ to be removed in May (at the very latest) no matter if we have been relegated or not, Lansdown to issue a public apology to the supporters that he has got it wrong and that LJ is not the man to lead us forward and finally that LJ's replacement is a highly ambitious appointment with, as a bare minimum, a competent CV either at L1 or C'Ship level.

Got a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.........

You sound like a right tart! If Lee manages to keep us up and we buy a few more stars for next season, we cound really compete - and you will miss out because of a hissy fit.  I can remember very much worse than this. Get renewing - you will be missed (not for your charm!).

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You sound like a right tart! If Lee manages to keep us up and we buy a few more stars for next season, we cound really compete - and you will miss out because of a hissy fit.  I can remember very much worse than this. Get renewing - you will be missed (not for your charm!).

But this isn't just the view of one person, I've read many similar on a variety of different platforms, and have heard many others in and around pubs on matchday

Shouldn't someone actually be concerned that so many people feel this way - rather than just the clear shrug of the shoulders coming from within our club?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

But this isn't just the view of one person, I've read many similar on a variety of different platforms, and have heard many others in and around pubs on matchday

Shouldn't someone actually be concerned that so many people feel this way - rather than just the clear shrug of the shoulders coming from within our club?

Of course you can be concerned - I am concerned.  You would be a bit odd if you were not worried.  The situation is that we have a young head coach, he is clearly very talented - and this has been shown by the loyalty of the owners and senior employers.  He will make mistakes - but I think he has assembled a good squad and that it will get better. Hopefully we will avoid the drop and go on to be very competetive next season.  Supporters should always have hope in their hearts and support their team to the rafters - that is how successful clubs flourish. Everyone is trying - they will not always get it right, but they are trying.  If we encourage and support - maybe their best will improve and we will all have what we want.  I have renewed my tickets and, as always, I live in hope of a great next season and a happy ending to this one.  COYR!

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Of course you can be concerned - I am concerned.  You would be a bit odd if you were not worried.  The situation is that we have a young head coach, he is clearly very talented - and this has been shown by the loyalty of the owners and senior employers.  He will make mistakes - but I think he has assembled a good squad and that it will get better. Hopefully we will avoid the drop and go on to be very competetive next season.  Supporters should always have hope in their hearts and support their team to the rafters - that is how successful clubs flourish. Everyone is trying - they will not always get it right, but they are trying.  If we encourage and support - maybe their best will improve and we will all have what we want.  I have renewed my tickets and, as always, I live in hope of a great next season and a happy ending to this one.  COYR!

Talented at what exactly ? club record losing streaks ? Tombola team selections ? please inform this obvious footballing philistine on his talents as i cant see any.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The situation is that we have a young head coach, he is clearly very talented

He will make mistakes - but I think he has assembled a good squad and that it will get better. Hopefully we will avoid the drop and go on to be very competetive next season.  

Supporters should always have hope in their hearts and support their team to the rafters

I do agree - BUT without wanting to start the whole debate off again

I would question if LJ was that talented - with the players at his disposal this season, why with 8 games to go is the threat of relegation still there - and still seemingly unsure on our best 11

Agree, he will make mistakes, but what we are seeing is what happened at Oldham and Barnsley

As for the last sentance - that is what keeps us coming back - once it's in your blood it is hard to remove

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

Talented at what exactly ? club record losing streaks ? Tombola team selections ? please inform this obvious footballing philistine on his talents as i cant see any.

Well he has clearly had to recruit according to the plan - and has been mostly successful.  The no shows by Tomlin and Matthews as well as some stunning refereeing decisions (Burton - Alby's goal being disallowed as an example) despite numerous letters of apology from the Referees Association, have landed us in an unfortunate position. We deserve a bit of good luck.  Also, it has been a different kind of season because we have not been able to use loans in the same way as previously - and we have had weaknesses that have been hard to plug - eg right back. Whatever happens, I will always support because that is the best route to success.  If the manager is changed - I will simply support the new guy.  Managers, players and owners come and go - City and its fans should always endure.  I hope that everyone renews and that we grow into an even greated club - but we need everyone!

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I do agree - BUT without wanting to start the whole debate off again

I would question if LJ was that talented - with the players at his disposal this season, why with 8 games to go is the threat of relegation still there - and still seemingly unsure on our best 11

Agree, he will make mistakes, but what we are seeing is what happened at Oldham and Barnsley

As for the last sentance - that is what keeps us coming back - once it's in your blood it is hard to remove

We are nearly all addicted and that can bring pains and problems.  I love watching City and will do so - through thick and thin - unlil I am physically unable to attend or kick the bucket. The last seaon in League 1 was fantastic - so even if we did go down (we won't!) - we will be royally entertained - you have nothing to fear but fear itself! COYR!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well he has clearly had to recruit according to the plan - and has been mostly successful.  The no shows by Tomlin and Matthews as well as some stunning refereeing decisions (Burton - Alby's goal being disallowed as an example) despite numerous letters of apology from the Referees Association, have landed us in an unfortunate position. We deserve a bit of good luck.  Also, it has been a different kind of season because we have not been able to use loans in the same way as previously - and we have had weaknesses that have been hard to plug - eg right back. Whatever happens, I will always support because that is the best route to success.  If the manager is changed - I will simply support the new guy.  Managers, players and owners come and go - City and its fans should always endure.  I hope that everyone renews and that we grow into an even greated club - but we need everyone!

Yep ok, but you didnt list any of his talents, or is one of his being unlucky ? not a great one for a manager, anymore ?

Yep ok, but you didnt list any of his talents, or is one of his being unlucky ? not a great one for a manager, anymore ?

OK tts - he talks a good game.  He had the courage to buy and play Lee Tomlin, he saved us from the drop last season, he spotted and recruited Tammy......and he is Gary Johnson's lad.  The boy is oozing talent!

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

OK tts - he talks a good game.  He had the courage to buy and play Lee Tomlin, he saved us from the drop last season, he spotted and recruited Tammy......and he is Gary Johnson's lad.  The boy is oozing talent!

He talks alot, I will give you that, wether thats regarded as bollocks or insightfull is down to personal interpretation, I errr on the side of the former. Tomlin was already here when he arrived wasnt he ? yes on loan but I think most managers would have signed him up on the back of last season, the Tammy one I will give you, but then I could raise you Engval.

16 minutes ago, tts_city said:

I know it DID happen and I'm not suggesting that we completely ignore it, but, let's put the loosing streak to one side for a moment. 

The form in the second half of last season, the start of this season Aug-Oct and now (hopefully!) current (last 4 games) form, show that he must have something about him and that he is hardly the mug that some on here like to make out, based on the woeful run between Oct-Feb. 

It takes charachter, luck, thick skin, together with a good dose of talent to turn things around from what was an agreeably dire run of results. 

We were all there, we all saw the individual errors, bad decisions and general lack of confidence that infested that period. 

Hopefully that is now in the past, lessons learned & we can move forward from here. 

He talks alot, I will give you that, wether thats regarded as bollocks or insightfull is down to personal interpritation, I errr on the side of the former. Tomlin was already here when he arrived wasnt he ? yes on loan but I think most managers would have signed him up on the back of last season, the Tammy one I will give you, but then I could raise you Engval.

The jury is still out on Engvall - he is only 20 ffs - and will hopefully mature as an individual and improve as a player.  LJ is not perfect, but those close to him at the top of the club clearly see something that eludes most of the fans, who would lynch most managers if they lost a few games.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know it DID happen and I'm not suggesting that we completely ignore it, but, let's put the loosing streak to one side for a moment. 

The form in the second half of last season, the start of this season Aug-Oct and now (hopefully!) current (last 4 games) form, show that he must have something about him and that he is hardly the mug that some on here like to make out, based on the woeful run between Oct-Feb. 

It takes charachter, luck, thick skin, together with a good dose of talent to turn things around from what was an agreeably dire run of results. 

We were all there, we all saw the individual errors, bad decisions and general lack of confidence that infested that period. 

Hopefully that is now in the past, lessons learned & we can move forward from here. 

Fingers crossed.

I've just renewed. 

Don't know what all the fuss is about. As with every year you can choose to renew or not. No one is holding a gun to your head. If you want to renew at discount prices then do it.  If not have fun shopping on a Saturday afternoon instead!

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

It does make me laugh when fans who have supported for many years say I won't be renewing for one reason or another.

You know you will be back as soon as we start to do well :laugh:, and if you don't, your loss! 

thats been the attidude of the club for too long ,i can assure you that there are at least 6 of us from north of the river not renewing.We had a great chance this year of the playoffs but it seems your happy to go toe to toe with burton, As i said before when we get a manager with a pair of b#####ks we will be back

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

What is he talented at please share

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

:laughcont:

:laughcont:

April Fools not here yet

Or maybe every day for some

Priceless

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

It does make me laugh when fans who have supported for many years say I won't be renewing for one reason or another.

You know you will be back as soon as we start to do well :laugh:, and if you don't, your loss! 

IF that's aimed at me, I can categorically state that won't be the case while LJ is in charge. I think he's hopeless and will stand by that. Once he's eventually gone, I will be back like a shot.

If he proves me wrong, well done him, as you say 'my loss'. Personally, I think there's more chance of my hair growing again but que sera.

Archived