IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

7 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Of course you can be concerned - I am concerned.  You would be a bit odd if you were not worried.  The situation is that we have a young head coach, he is clearly very talented - and this has been shown by the loyalty of the owners and senior employers.  He will make mistakes - but I think he has assembled a good squad and that it will get better. Hopefully we will avoid the drop and go on to be very competetive next season.  Supporters should always have hope in their hearts and support their team to the rafters - that is how successful clubs flourish. Everyone is trying - they will not always get it right, but they are trying.  If we encourage and support - maybe their best will improve and we will all have what we want.  I have renewed my tickets and, as always, I live in hope of a great next season and a happy ending to this one.  COYR!

I would ask johnson for your brown tongue back before he sits down again,hes not talented hes just a family friend of the lansdowns who are taking us for muppets

3 hours ago, Judda said:

Anyone not renewing my message is simple.

GOOD RIDDANCE. 

You are probably the whining nause sat behind me Anyway. 

Bye!

Advice please Messiah

Yep had the call today (informing me I only had untill Monday) asking me to renew as apparently there is loads of interest from disabled supporters looking to move from pitch level to the elavated Lansdown Stand viewing. I swiftly pointed out that was probably due to the fact of getting drenched when raining in the lower sections.

I also pointed out that at this stage without knowing what division we will be in then I was reluctant to renew.  Then came the point I lost the will to live, being told that season ticket prices were fixed during our promotion season and thus far in the championship, meaning it was the same value either way!!

I said I had never heard of that policy only to be staggering told that it wasn't one that was advertised but had been a club decision.  Have I missed something?

I've had my mobile set to silent ringing this evening and between 19.20 and 20.27, I've missed three calls from Bristol Sport tickets.

I assume that because I have not renewed either my City ST or my Rugby ST they wish to remind me that if I don't renew before Monday next at 10.00 am, I'll lose my seat reservation.

Am I the only one who hasn't renewed yet or does it mean there are thousands of us who haven't?

Panic at Ashton Gate - a good title for a film.

39 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I would ask johnson for your brown tongue back before he sits down again,hes not talented hes just a family friend of the lansdowns who are taking us for muppets

A colourful image that clearly comes from a troubled mind! Nothing wrong with friendships and professional respect.  I am prepared to see what happens with City and our head coach - and I will support as enthusiastically as I have for the past 50 years. 

42 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Advice please Messiah

Yep had the call today (informing me I only had untill Monday) asking me to renew as apparently there is loads of interest from disabled supporters looking to move from pitch level to the elavated Lansdown Stand viewing. I swiftly pointed out that was probably due to the fact of getting drenched when raining in the lower sections.

I also pointed out that at this stage without knowing what division we will be in then I was reluctant to renew.  Then came the point I lost the will to live, being told that season ticket prices were fixed during our promotion season and thus far in the championship, meaning it was the same value either way!!

I said I had never heard of that policy only to be staggering told that it wasn't one that was advertised but had been a club decision.  Have I missed something?

I'm sure there has been a price increase in the last three years. Pretty sure my last season ticket in the Atyeo was £325 and as soon as we moved to the South Stand it went up to £345. 

Not a huge increase but not a 'price fix'.

Now, this may only affect the original Atyeo to South Stand 'movers' and no-one else as I can't remember every price band for the last three years.

5 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I'm sure there has been a price increase in the last three years. Pretty sure my last season ticket in the Atyeo was £325 and as soon as we moved to the South Stand it went up to £345. 

Not a huge increase but not a 'price fix'.

Now, this may only affect the original Atyeo to South Stand 'movers' and no-one else as I can't remember every price band for the last three years.

Thanks. My thought's also

44 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've had my mobile set to silent ringing this evening and between 19.20 and 20.27, I've missed three calls from Bristol Sport tickets.

I assume that because I have not renewed either my City ST or my Rugby ST they wish to remind me that if I don't renew before Monday next at 10.00 am, I'll lose my seat reservation.

Am I the only one who hasn't renewed yet or does it mean there are thousands of us who haven't?

Panic at Ashton Gate - a good title for a film.

No, you're not the only one.

Haven't renewed yet - received the call around 18:30, saw the number and answered thinking, great, I'll have 'my say'. Disappointment immediately when it was a recorded message.

The recorded message was similar to the email yesterday - renew now or lose your seat. Not great advertising in my opinion, it feels rather negative and threat centred

Can't see a huge swathe of new people looking to buy season tickets for next season given the rubbish we've been watching for most of the season.

For me, it would be much better received if they were to say 'you have 5 days to retain your seat'. Same message, totally different feeling / vibe.

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

I have no intention of re-newing  my ticket until I know what division we're in and if I feel I'm being "taken for a ride" i"ll not re-new, this is yet another total PR disaster from the club, who the hell makes these decisions? 

Harry, just suppose we won promotion to the Premier League next season - I guess you and your disloyal types would come flooding back and buy season tickets.  If the next season, we struggled and were facing a threat of potential relegation in March 2019, would you renew - or would you feel hard done by and insulted all over again?  Would that make you a fair weather fan?

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Harry, just suppose we won promotion to the Premier League next season - I guess you and your disloyal types would come flooding back and buy season tickets.  If the next season, we struggled and were facing a threat of potential relegation in March 2019, would you renew - or would you feel hard done by and insulted all over again?  Would that make you a fair weather fan?

Disloyal? Come off it Bat, these are very loyal long term STH's we're talking about here - Bristol City fanatics - who are thoroughly pissed off with the season we've had to endure and the stubborn refusal to get rid of a failing coach.

The club should be extremely concerned, such fans do not take these decisions lightly, and once a STH makes a decision not to renew through utter frustration and the feeling of being taken for granted the club may have a hard job ever getting him back.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Advice please Messiah

Disabled ticket in the old Williams was £160 during the promotion season. Moved to the new South Stand where same ticket was £260, then back to the new West stand (same location) and ticket cost £360. Somehow there was an increase of £200 to watch from the same location as in the promotion year but, they say there was no increase, strange!    Admittedly the room and view is better but, still only a seat, roof, toilet (further away) and somewhere to buy a drink. Not moaning, just pointing out the increase, which is still good value

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I have no intention of renewing at the moment, as a season ticket holder of 10+ years.

The decision doesn't rest so much on what division we'll be in next season, more the actions and behaviour of the owner this season in regard to Mr Johnson. Decision-making and communication to the fans over the past few months has been frankly, insulting.

The way the club is being run at the moment as an autocracy/dictatorship in which the fans are blamed for the failings of the management of the club, and personal relationships are put before competent decision making makes me feel sick to be honest. I feel a disconnect with the football club like never before.

What would it take for me to renew?

LJ to be removed in May (at the very latest) no matter if we have been relegated or not, Lansdown to issue a public apology to the supporters that he has got it wrong and that LJ is not the man to lead us forward and finally that LJ's replacement is a highly ambitious appointment with, as a bare minimum, a competent CV either at L1 or C'Ship level.

Got a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.........

I agree that LJ has to go at the end of the season, but if you're insisting on a public apology from SL, that won't happen imo.

The dismissal of LJ would in itself be SL's public admission that he was a very poor appointment, but that will be the closest we'll ever get to an apology.

I personally don't need SL to in some way humble himself to the fans, just making the decision and following it up with an inspiring - and, as you say, ambitious - appointment who we could all be genuinely enthusiastic about would do the trick for me.

39 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

My god, I thought I'd heard enough of your nonsense after deciding to come off the political sub forum but now your on here all the time going out of your way to be argumentative and obnoxious, I don't need preaching from you of how to be a Bristol City fan and to be told that "my type" are disloyal

43 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Disloyal ? Get off your high horse ffs what gives you the right to call anyone disloyal. Because the bloke isn't happy with what's going on you call him disloyal . If you want to blindly follow the club no matter what then that's up to you , but to call somebody disloyal or fair weather fan is bang out of order. You come across as nothing but a troll with your holier than thou attitude . I'll await the " but I've supported for blah blah years " response . 

You sir are a clown  

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Disloyal ? Get off your high horse ffs what gives you the right to call anyone disloyal. Because the bloke isn't happy with what's going on you call him disloyal . If you want to blindly follow the club no matter what then that's up to you , but to call somebody disloyal or fair weather fan is bang out of order. You come across as nothing but a troll with your holier than thou attitude . I'll await the " but I've supported for blah blah years " response . 

You sir are a clown  

He's a WUM and obviously enjoys his :robbored:

Thread full of the same old anti-LJ crowd craving attention and pretentiously announcing to the world how they'll never renew with him in charge. Bet they're seething that the team are still playing for him and we've picked up recently.

Await their responses saying 'how dare I make such a claim, I always want City to do well', despite their attitudes suggesting the contrary. Club is better off without them if that's how they're going to continue to act. City till I die? Or City til I can't forgive the manager or club for a bad run of results, no matter what happens after that run, and would prefer to spit my dummy out and have a tantrum instead?

17 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Of course you can be concerned - I am concerned.  You would be a bit odd if you were not worried.  The situation is that we have a young head coach, he is clearly very talented (not seen much if any evidence of this, just industry buzzword speak to support him and brainwash us and continually falling out with personnel will not help) - and this has been shown by the loyalty of the owners (Owner, not plural and its just support of a family friend) and senior employers ( They only carry out the wishes of the owner).  He will make mistakes (But he does not appear to learn from  them!) - but I think he has assembled a good squad (So, again where is the evidence of him being a talented coach if he cannot get the best out of a good squad) and that it will get better (Not if he keeps falling out with players it wont, man management is now an integral part of being a coach, like it or not, unfortunately Lee does not do very well in this aspect). Hopefully we will avoid the drop and go on to be very competetive next season (Lets hope! But we should never be in this position with a talented coach and good squad?)).  Supporters should always have hope in their hearts (Surely the "team" has to give them some hope, apart from recent performances this has been in very short supply!) and support their team to the rafters - that is how successful clubs flourish (True, but supporters get frustrated, ask the owners at Man Utd, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea etc). Everyone is trying - they will not always get it right, but they are trying.  If we encourage and support (This is the best support a manager in his position has ever had, certainly at our club and I would hazard a guess throughout the divisions with the run we have had supported by inept performances) - maybe their best will improve and we will all have what we want.  I have renewed my tickets (Fair play to you, personally I will wait to see what league we are in but that's my choice) and, as always, I live in hope of a great next season and a happy ending to this one.  COYR! (Wouldn't that be nice!)

Not having a go just a few of my thoughts really to offer a balance!

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Disloyal? Come off it Bat, these are very loyal long term STH's we're talking about here - Bristol City fanatics - who are thoroughly pissed off with the season we've had to endure and the stubborn refusal to get rid of a failing coach.

The club should be extremely concerned, such fans do not take these decisions lightly, and once a STH makes a decision not to renew through utter frustration and the feeling of being taken for granted the club may have a hard job ever getting him back.

I don't quite see this in the same way Nog. We are all frustrated because many we thought we were going to have a spiffing season and that all would be rosy in the garden.  I always thought that it was heroic in the extreme to buy so many players all at the same time and hope that they would gel sufficiently to be competitive over the course of the season. Although we had a bad run, it looks like that might be over and that we have a very good chance of ending up in the lower mid table - roughly what I would have expected anyway at the start of the season.  Next season could well be very different because we will have a squad that is well knit together and Lee will know a great deal about how they will operate together and about any gaps he needs to fill.  The project is a good one and is still (roughly) on track.  As a total City fanatic - I could no more not renew my season ticket than short change my grandmother (God whe WAS fierce!!) - so I find it difficult to understand how some on here can let their frustration get in the way of watching their beloved team.  They will, in many cases drift back anyway, and they will just end up paying more and may not be able to sit next to their friends.  Seems daft to me, so my advice is to get bloody renewing -COYR!

9 hours ago, harrys said:

My god, I thought I'd heard enough of your nonsense after deciding to come off the political sub forum but now your on here all the time going out of your way to be argumentative and obnoxious, I don't need preaching from you of how to be a Bristol City fan and to be told that "my type" are disloyal

I hope you never get married - the first time you saw your wife in curlers you might decide to ditch your vows!  If you wanted to support a successfully predictable team, you should have followed the Arsenal - we are likely to finish this season in one of our highest positions in the last 20 years and you throw a wobbly! Priceless!

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You sir are a clown  

Not a clown - a fan! As I said to another poster, we are likely to finish in one of the higher positions we have had in the last 20 years, when we have been largely plying our trade in League 1.  You seem to have believed that we should have been much higher than we are and that this is some kind of personal insult to the purity of your devotion. You should go and support the Arsenal if you want to support a predictable team - and even they are up in arms.  Lee and the boys are trying hard and I believe they will succeed.  If we did end up being relegated, then I will recall our last season in League one as one of the best I can recall in my 50 years as a fan.  How many league titles have we won in that time?  Bringing so many new players to the club all at the same time was bound to be a bit risky and mistakes have been made - not least by the referees, whose association has had to write numerous letters of apology for bad decisions that have cost us valuable points.  I support through thick and thin because I could not be happy without watching the City story unfold and there is nothing like being there! You other guys can enjoy your shopping trips or TV if that is your preference - I will be down at the Gate with my fellow true fans! Get renewing - you know it makes sense! COYR!

Archived